“Good breakfast, great coffee” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Tarporley, United Kingdom
“Good breakfast, great coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We ate breakfast here.the service was good, if a little matter of fact. Very much reminds us of a number of cafes in New York / canada with a good range of pre-prepared sandwiches, but also the option of made to order. Worth a visit.

Dublin, Ireland
“Rude and condescending staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I would not normally complain or leave reviews, but had such a bad experience in here that I just have to comment.

I was in for a quick lunch on Saturday. We ordered two sandwiches, both of which were quite tasty. I also had a coffee, and it was grand but certainly nothing out of the ordinary for around Dublin. However, the service was the most unpleasant I have ever had the misfortune of experiencing.

In addition to our sandwiches and coffee, we also got a bag of fancy crisps to share. When we tasted them we both thought they were stale and so went back up to the counter where they were changed without any problem. But then a minute later a member of staff came over and stood at our table demanding to know if we were the ones with problem about the crisps. She stood with her hands on her hips and told us they were not stale because they were still in date. When we told her the crisps were soft she went back behind the counter and came back with one crisp which she held out and snapped in front of us, declaring that the crisps were fine. She then wiped her hands and took the replacement bag back, and left. She did all this in a highly rude manner, which was aggressive and condescending. All of this turned a non-issue into something which means I will never darken the door of either the two Bald Barista places again!

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Consistently Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I am a regular customer of the Bald Barista on Aungier St. Have always found the coffee's to be the best in Dublin - of consistently excellent standard. I am also a big fan of the Burrito's, Quiches and Rosti's, the food looks homemade and the servings are of a good size. If I had any criticism, it would be the layout. Too many tables crammed together which can make it difficult to move about the cafe. The tables are too close to the couches at the back, and you sometimes feel like your in on top of the people at the neighboring table. It's a small quip though as I couldnt fault the place on coffee and food!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Naas, Ireland
“Good Coffee”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Unbelievable coffee!! However one morning I was getting breakfast and the woman who took my order told me to take a seat. The owner started calling out my order and I was in my own little world and didn't hear. When I did I was like "Oh yes that is mine!". He replied with "This is self-service, if you want to be waited on, go to a coffee shop down the road." In front of everyone. I was humiliated. Only reason I sat down was because I was told too.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rome
“Delicious coffee and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This cafe serves delicious strong coffee and an amazing array of baked goods, breakfast and lunch items!! The staff is very friendly and remember customers!

Visited January 2013