“Not a hotel! An overpriced hostel.” 2 of 5 stars

Lynam's Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   63-64 O'Connell St, Dublin 1, Ireland   |
Ranked #148 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Seattle, Washington
“Not a hotel! An overpriced hostel.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The only thing going for this place is the central location, but thrb agaib, 90% of the hostels in Dublin are also conveniently located in the heart of a bustling downtown. I paid for my room the same amount I would have paid for a private room in a hostel. I opted for this one thinking I would get slightly better service and quality, but I was out of luck. I spent only one night in Dublin, so I didn't particularly seek out high-quality lodging. However, I won't stay at this place ever again: the mattress was the worst ever (I could feel every single spring on my back), the sheets were yellowish (time to buy new ones!), and the pillow was so thin that you couldn't even feel it. Broken fixtures, dirty carpet,non-working television, desk with missing chair and no bar soap were the other bad highlights of this so-called "hotel". Moreover, forget to drop off your luggage, unless you want to take your chances with having it stolen by some other hotel guest with bad intentions. Overall this establishment should be downgraded to half a star. Not even the staff made my stay enjoyable: you can tell the Indian girl at the front desk is quite bored. Finally, what's the point of having to leave the key at the front desk when going out when they don't even ask for your ID upon returning to the hotel?

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Nova Scotia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Last minute decided me and my partner would go up to Dublin for a night on the drink. Everywhere was full or crazy over priced. Found Lynams online for a decent enough price hotel to be situated on O'Connell Street. We checked in and the man at the desk was friendly, we left our bags in and went shopping and have a few drinks. Went back and got changed and headed back out for a night out, every pub we went to was walking distance. Even though when we came back pretty full could still heard noise alnight, as in people runnin up and down the corridors but sure you get that everywhere. Walls, carpets, doors are all a bit tired and old but its grand place to just leave your bags down and head out for the night. Wouldn't recommend if you were choosing to stay for a relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Don't book if you are looking for a quite, relaxing stay away!!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Co Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Just stayed one night here with a friend. Expected real basic and budget for the price, but the rooms were lovely clean and very comfortable. The bathroom was equally spotless and I could not fault it, especially at the price. The owners should be delighted to have brilliant friendly and efficient staff. Totally exceeded my expectations and I would really recommend it to anyone on a budget. I will return

Room Tip: Mine was overlooking O Connell St and I found it fine but a rear room would be quieter again.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Awesome location right in the center of Dublin. Walking distance to everything. Hotel is sufficient, not fancy. Staff was helpful and friendly. You cant beat the value and location. My kids and I will stay here any time. When I travel solo, I will stay here everytime. I like to spend my money on other things and not an overinflated price of a hotel. Thank you for being that place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Tamworth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2014 via mobile

Not a very nice place to stay water stains all over the celling and paper thin walls could not do anything without getting some one banging the wall. Can't say anymore would not stay again.it may be different this year but i don,t think so by the look of the front when walking passed it has not changed.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2014

I have visited carlos resturant in lynams hotel a few times and with the dealrush lunch vouchers for two,it was a lovely,i would recommend carlos as family and friends have gone and were not disappointed, its central to all the shops right in the heart of the city.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2014

I didn't read reviews before we went. I just booked it because it looked central on the map and was a cheaper option in a city that isn't cheap. I WISH I had paid more. The front door is a fond place for junkies to meet their dealers - not the hotels fault. The alley behind the hotel is a fav spot of homeless people to shoot up - not the hotels fault. But honestly the staff were mean! Sometimes you can look past the tired furniture and dated rooms IF the staff are amazing. These guys could not care less. Rude. Uninterested. Mean. Wouldn't stay here again if you paid me. No charm. No service. Nothing to redeem it. Run away.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Lynam's Hotel? Share your experiences!