“republican tour of leaders of 1916 Rising” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 171 Tours & Activities in Dublin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Rebel Tour of Dublin - The City that Fought an Empire. Follow in the footsteps of the Irish Rebel leaders Michael Collins, James Connolly and Pádraig Pearse. Hear the story of Ireland's fight for freedom as told by Irish Republicans. On the Rebel Walking Tour you will hear the story of the 1916 Easter Rising and how the forces of the Irish Citizen Army and the Irish Volunteers came together as the Irish Republican Army (I.R.A) and took on the might of the British Empire. Learn how the Easter Rising came about and what happened before and after it. Visit the places where Ireland’s history unfolded and in the words of W.B. Yeats “a terrible beauty was born”. Small Group Walking Tours with Dublin’s best guides. TOUR TIMES: Mon - Fri at 11.30am (The tour is also available on Saturday via booking only - please book over the phone). Departing from the Sinn Féin Bookshop.Duration: 1hour 45mins (approx) at an easy going pace. There is no need to book (Mon - Fri), just show up and we will be there. Feel free to call us for more information. (PLEASE NOTE: Tours may not run on certain public holidays and bank holidays)
“republican tour of leaders of 1916 Rising”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

The republican tour with Pat today was an excellent account of the men and women who fought for independence from the British Government in 1916. As a History lecturer in college this is a tour I will certainly advise my students to take to gain the knowledge and understanding of this event in Irish History. This was a very detailed tour by Pat, our guide, whose knowledge of the actual details in and around this area, of the buildings in the area and the men and women who lost their lives in this vicious battle.
A worthwhile experience for those who wish to hear a piece of Irish History that cannot be read in mainstream history books.

Visited April 2014

Melbourne, Australia
“This is a must see.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Wow. Fabulous tour by an incredibly knowledgeable and articulate guide-Pat. His in-depth knowledge and detail was fascinating and riveting. He was able to combine the detail with a lively recounting of events. Each step bought us closer to the final confrontation. We thought we knew a bit, but he blew us away. If you want to get a picture of the uprising this is brilliant. A must see when in Dublin. Don't let them destroy the historical environs.

Visited April 2014
“Highly enlightening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We went on the Tour with Pat, who is extremely good at explaining the quite complicated history of the republicans. He managed to keep the attention of both students and teachers while showing us some of the highlights. Very very interesting and highly recommendable. Thanks

Visited March 2014
Newry, Co Down
“Rebel Tour of Dublin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Fantastic, informative and history that we would not have known without taking this tour, tour guide very good.

Visited March 2014
Barcelona, Spain
“Different way of seeing Dublin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I went there back on summer and it was amazing, I loved they knew a lot of things about irish republican history and were really kind to answer all my questions, we could even talk about the situation of my country (Catalonia) and other opressed nations and compare. I'm glad I took the tour is super worthy I learned a lot.
people at the SF bookshop are always nice and friendly, I go there everytime I go to Ireland.

Visited July 2013