“aFTERNOON TEA” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Tea Room
Ireland
“aFTERNOON TEA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

Having been a totally loyal westbury fan for 30 yrs, i must say how disappointed I was with afternoon tea. I had 4 guests with me and ordered. Firstly, the tea was served in delf...not china. It remined me of a school canteen not a four star hotel. The variety and number of sandwiches were soo poorly presented and flavourless. What fillings are indigineous to Dublin e.g. not even an Irish cheese? Plain, hard scones which were atrocious, what is wrong with wheaten, cherry, raspberry? As for the patisserie, that was the joke... a minute tasteless square of flaky pastry with cream piped and then some dessert in a glass. I think they have missed the entire conept of TEA, CHINA, PREPARATION, FLAVOUR AND TIME,CARE AND EFFORT. This was amatuerish adn although I paid over 60 euros, I did not want to complain in front of the company but it was a disgrace.