I booked this hotel as we were arriving late in Dublin Airport and wanted to be on the N7 side for an early start without rush hour traffic to contend with.
The Bar - We arrived at the hotel at 11.30 pm and got checked in quickly, and after quite a hectic journey, we dropped our bags and headed off to the Residents lounge for a relaxing drink. The sign on the Residents bar said “Closed at 12”. We still had 15 minutes, so no problem (Bank Holiday Monday – should be ok) the shutters were already all down, and there was just a small hatch open, ok, someone is getting ready to close, we hardly had our drink got when we got the distinct feeling that the barman was in a hurry to finish, so we ordered another and sat outside in the foyer!
The room – the room was clean, non smoking as we had requested and the bedlinen was fresh. The pillowcases were clean, however the pillows/pillow protectors were not, they were definitely in need of change – I wont go any further, The bathroom had just one set of towels, ie one hand, one bath, with the spare set being kept in the drawers in the bedroom, presumably the thinking is that only the one set will be used! There were no vanity items, no facecloth, no shower gel, the usual items you would expect, there was a bottle in the shower which doubled obviously as shampoo/shower gel. There was tea and coffee making facility which was grand and we had a room to the back so no noise.
Breakfast – this was pay as you pick per item or in our case we got a token which was 2 items from the cold section and a full irish with toast and tea. It was very basic, freshfruit , grapefruit, cereal, yoghurt , Juice and a very mediocre fry up, in fact a little dry if being truthful.
To sum up, the price is reasonable, but at a cost to other aspects of the hotel, it is dated and dull and needs a revamp, but of course the hotel industry is suffering badl . Would I stay there again, Honestly, no, I would book the next one up where we stayed before! It is nicer, friendlier, and more atmospheric. Still it was good to experience it to make an informed decision in future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at Dublin's gateway to Ireland (M50/N7 jct.) Featuring FREE Wireless Internet access, Bewleys traditional hotel & Brasserie is the ideal meeting place or tourist base. Choose either a Double, Twin, Family or Wheelchair adapted room. All rooms comfortably accommodate 2 adults, or 2 adults & 3 children (under 16) in the family rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Moran & Bewleys Hotel Group, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Bewleys At Newlands Cross reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bewleys At Newlands Cross Hotel Dublin
- Bewleys At Newlands Cross Dublin