“Perfect. We'll be back ...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Temple Bar Hotel

You added Temple Bar Hotel to your Saves list
Temple Bar Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13 Fleet Street | Temple Bar, Dublin D2, Ireland (Temple Bar)   |
Ranked #76 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Newry, Northern Ireland
“Perfect. We'll be back ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

Just returned today from a 3 night stay in this hotel. One of the main attractions for us was that we could request a smoking room. We also wanted to be in Temple Bar but also in the main city centre tourist attraction area. This is why we chose the hotel. Perfect location. Room lovely and clean, plenty of towels, all tea and coffee stock replenished every day. The staff were great and very helpful. Definitely recommend this hotel to anyone we know.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
Dear Claudinec646,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us. As you mentioned our location is ideal as it is so central and you can easily access the main tourist attractions and indeed all that Dublin has to offer.

I am very grateful for your recommendation and I will pass your lovely review onto the all the staff here.

Temple Bar Hotel, Dublin’s most centrally located hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Greek first
Newry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

I recently stayed at the Temple Bar Hotel in Dublin and was very impressed with it. Although the rooms are a bit small the bed was huge and very comfortable. Good shower and bath - havin a bath as well is such a bonus.The staff were so helpful. When the receptionist overheard us saying that we needed to buy tootepaste she provided us with little toothpaste/toothbrush kits for free. The breakfast was excellent - freshly made, tasty and hot. The wheaten bread was great. The big jug of chilled water and glasses were available in reception beside the lift. Just what was needed after a night on the town!!. Good price for b & b at 80 euros. Very central location close to both the Temple Bar and its pubs/restaurants and O'Connell Street. The Tecso shop directly opposite is really handy. Would definately stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Dear bronagh209938,

Thanks for taking the time to review Temple Bar Hotel and to give us such excellent feedback. It sounds like you had a fantastic stay here.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

This is a great hotel. Right in the centre of Dublin. Lots of restaurants, bars and clubs! Its a lovely hotel, great reception area, friendly staff. And they do a great breakfast. It does get a bit noisy late at night but this didnt bother us as we were out til quite late anyway! Stay here if you want a hotel that is right in the centre of everything!!!!

Room Tip: Choose a room that is at the back so its not so noisy at night!!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear hollysiobhan86,

Thanks for your great review, I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay here with us. As you mentioned our location is perfect as we are central to all the city has to offer.

I hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

I stayed at Temple Bar Hotel due to job reasons, so I asked them a quiet room and it was perfect! Staff was really helpful (specially the guy working in the morning!). Breakfast was good and with enough variety to choose. Room was big and really clean.

Room Tip: If you have problems to asleep, you better ask for a quiet room when you book!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Xeilagm,

It was lovely to hear the feedback from a corporate guest and I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

Stayed at the Temple Bar for the 5th time and as always, i was very happy with everything. I know other user have made some comments about the noise which some time can be an issue as the hotel is located right in the center of Dublin. I would suggest you should request a quite room if you are light sleeper, i am sure you will get one as i always do. Great breakfast to start your day, Thank you Oscar for looking after us again, especially for the quite room and for Free upgrade.
We will be back soon.

Room Tip: If you are looking for Quite room, ask for rooms in the courtyard or on the 3rd & 4th floor
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Dear irfanLondon,
It is always lovely to hear from regular guests who return to the hotel time and again. As you said, we do always try our best to allocate quiet rooms on request. I’m glad you enjoyed our breakfast and I will pass your feedback onto Oscar and the rest of the team here.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

Looking back now, I actually think about how I felt when I wrote my last review. I felt awful cause I couldnt sleep, was itching and didnt know what it was. Showers didnt help and then the next night I didnt have the same problem. Maybe the sheets werent changed before hand and were the next but I do feel awful for my last post. I was actually still in the hotel. Although the window incident was something we actually found funny even though they should have known about it sooner but these things happen I guess. Definitely drink if you want any sleep whilst people are out still partying...itll help...either that or sleeping meds. Ha. Over all our stay here was good and the trip was great. Loved Graham in the bar that night. That was all we did that night was hang with him. Alot of the staff isnt that friendly but they kept to themselves. Maybe I was just a silly American...who knows.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
Dear purplepiper516,
Thanks for your review and hopefully we will welcome you back again soon.
Athlone
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

Stayed at Temple bar hotel last night and while the room was well presented the level of noise from the street below was terrible. I had checked in quickly in the evening and it was only on my return to the room at 1am the level of street noise from nightclub below became apparent, it went on for hours then the traffic noise started in the morning.On checking out the receptionist was to say the least disinterested in my comments! If you want to sleep don't stay here.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Dear Patrick E,

Thanks for your review on Trip Advisor. I would like to apologise for the noise you experienced during your stay with us. Due to the fact that we are the most centrally located hotel in Dublin there can be noise on the streets at the weekends. I am disappointed to hear that the receptionist was not more apathetic on check out.

Please feel free to contact me directly.

Temple Bar Hotel, Dublin’s most centrally located hotel

Been to Temple Bar Hotel? Share your experiences!