“Excellent package.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Northern Ireland
“Excellent package.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

We stayed in Herbert Park Hotel, Dublin over NYE. We paid 130euros for 2 people in Executive Room which included a glass of champagne and nibbles in Bar. Breakfast next morning in room, car parking included all in price. The room was big and overelooked Herbert Park, just super. Staff were all lovely and served us well. I would recommend this for a lovely romantic weekend. Just across canal is RDS and Landsdown Road Stadium. We went to Rolys restaurant NYE as it was just acoss street and the meal was great, in fact excellent. Only thing, I had read here that no tea/coffee making in bedrooms so I took a small travel kettle. Worked out well enough.

Room Tip: 410 was right at back overlooking park, very quiet and if having breakfast in room, just lovely to l...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
donegal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

We had a pleasant stay at the hotel - the staff were friendly, welcoming and professional. Room was adequate, but bathroom on small side. Location was excellent and the hotel had car parking facilities which we weren't charged for! The bar prices were steep which meant we went out for the evening over to Crowes pub where the music was in full flow - a great night out! I would recommend it to all. Overall a perfect hotel for a short city break.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Check in was a delight... the gentleman was welcoming, professional and we were delighted to be met by an Irish person on reception in a Irish Hotel. It is something that doesn't happen enough. Room was standard 4* room. Executive Floor room on 5th floor. No tea / coffee facilities in the room which was surprizing, however reception delivered a cuppa on arrival to the room.
Comfortable nights sleep, room was fine, average 4* quality, wouldn't blow me away but wouldn't bother me either. Breakfast however was a let down. Tea / Coffee served to the table, got the Full Irish ,sat down and realised that they didnt serve toast, had to go up and make my own, when I got back to the table, the Full Irish was cold. Toast should be served to the table with the tea or be located beside the Hot food, NOT the other side of the room. Rashers & mushrooms overcooked and totally dry. Not one bit impressed with the breakfast. Sorry. Waitress were not too friendly either and there wasn't any sight of a restaurant manager. This hotel is good value though and I am sure I will be back at some stage.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

this is a late review. we stayed in the herbert park in late august. this is a hotel we have frequented on numerous occasions and have always been impressed (on one occasion being upgraded to an executive for no additional cost). on this last visit we found that we had to pay for the underground parking and breakfast was not included but would cost an extra 29euro, something we had not realised when booking. i will have second thoughts when looking for accommodation in dublin in the future.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dungannon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

I have been staying in the Herbert Park hotel as a regular guest now for 3 years, I stay on average 2 nights per week. Before choosing the Herbert Park I had stayed in a number hotels in the area none of which met my expectations. The key difference between those hotels and the Herbert Park is the quality of the staff. , The rooms are bright and spacious and are well sound proofed. The staff at the hotel are both professional and friendly , they always go the extra mile to ensure my stay is a pleasant one. This is the key reason why I return to the hotel again and again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

Before I begin I’d like to say that I’ve always tried to be honest and understanding about every review I contribute to this site. If you look at any of my other reviews you will see that. We stayed here on Saturday night 10th December and it was a wedding gift from a friend of ours and I have to say this is the worst experience I’ve ever had in a hotel. The location is quite good as it’s in the middle of Ballsbridge and is only a short taxi trip to the centre of Dublin. The bar area has the same atmosphere as an empty warehouse. I’m all for ultra modern open plan spaces but this was like drinking in an aeroplane hanger. The rooms are quite basic with good size bathrooms. We had planned a night out with friends in a pub just across the road and we came back to the hotel bar at 2.30 a.m. and asked for a nightcap only to be told the bar was closed. The manner in which we were treated was disgraceful. I had no problem with the bar being closed but there was no need for rudeness. We made the mistake of going for breakfast the next morning and boy what a mistake. If you like your rashers, sausages and eggs cold then this is the place for you. Breakfast’s are the simplest meals to prepare, in fact I’d say it’s harder to get a breakfast wrong than right. This was nothing short of atrocious. The people at the table next to us complained but after our experience the night before I knew they were wasting their time. We decided to check out early and put this awful place behind us but the final insult was yet to come. We were charged €10.00 for car parking which they informed us was standard. This hotel is a complete let down on quite a few fronts but its biggest failure is its staff. They are rude, unhelpful and seem unmotivated. The staff in a hotel or restaurant can make or break a customer’s experience that much I know. This hotel has a lot of work to do. Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
pbarry, Manager at Herbert Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
Dear ShaneButler,

Thank you for your review on your stay with us. We have investigated your feedback and from our records you returned to the hotel in the early hours with non-residents that of course we were unable to serve due to the licensing laws. It was not the intention of the night staff to be rude and I am sorry if you interpreted it this way.

We would have have served a fresh cooked breakfast without question had we known at the time that your breakfast was not hot enough. We understand that this is a very important meal service for residents and we want to get it right.

If you would like to discuss your stay further we would be delighted to engage with you directly. Please email info@herbertparkhotel.ie

Management, Herbert Park Hotel
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

I have been staying in the Herbert park as a regular guest for over 10 years.

The Hotel is modern and very well laid out. The location is superb in Ballsbridge overlooking Herbert Park and ideally located for Concerts and Rugby & Soccer matches as it is right beside the RDS and Aviva Stadium. Nightlife and shopping are also in walking distance. Good car parking facilities.

The staff are very friendly, from reservations to front of house and it is a nice touch to be remembered by name and an effort is normally made to ensure I receive a room with a view.

The rooms are spacious and quiet with large comfortable beds and good facilities.
Breakfast is always top quality and the dining room has great views of the park.
Room rates are very competitive for a four star.

I stay normally as a Business guest but stay occasionally for leisure too and would have no hesitiation recommending the Hotel for city breaks and families as there are some very good packages.

Overall a top class Hotel, ideally located, with excellent facilities and super staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the park
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Herbert Park Hotel? Share your experiences!