“A content quest” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Hampton Hotel to your Saves list
Hotels.com Orbitz.com
Hampton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   19-29 Morehampton Rd, Donnybrook, Dublin 4, Ireland (Formerly Sachs Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #36 of 178 hotels in Dublin
Westport, Ireland
“A content quest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Lovely, quirky hotel, staff are friendly, rooms are comfortable,stayed here for one night and was very pleased, bus from the front door drops you into the city centre and also the 145 bus goes straight to Heuston train station. Do not recommend night club, gorgeous decor, rough crowd.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

hamptonhotel, General Manager at Hampton Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. You're very good to take the time to submit the kind review.

I'm very sorry you didn't enjoy our nightclub. As you would have seen, we are in a very nice neighbourhood and we normally get a very nice crowd of civilised 25-40-year-olds, to compliment our nostalgia nights. You can see from our vanilla nightclub facebook page that the crowd is normally not in the young & boisterous category.

You may have encountered a hen party or a birthday party - our sincere apologies that it affected your enjoyment of the evening. That aside, I'll be certain to pass your kind words on to the team.

Thank you again.

383 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Greek first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Loved my stay, I will refer others. My only regret is that I didn't know sooner. The room was excellent with all the right amenities. The bar was stocked with delicious food. Bullmers & wings were my favorite.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave such kind comments. I'm fairly partial to those wings myself! Thank you for spreading the word.

We hope to see you again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed her for one night and found it to be a very enjoyable stay,rooms clean and comfortable even though fire in room did not heat up, breakfast was really good value and would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody

• Stayed September 2013
hamptonhotel, General Manager at Hampton Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the kind words. We really appreciate that you took the time to submit a review. Our apologies about the fireplace. The fireplaces all have a light setting and a heater setting - we'll check all rooms to make sure both are operational. Thank you for the feedback.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was beautiful and the room was the most comfortable of our stay in ireland after staying at bed and breakfasts. Felt like staying at a much higher end hotel, the spa like bath was a hige treat. Far walk to town center, but we knew that going in. Free parking was a remarkable plus

Dear Guest,

We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us as a part of your honeymoon. We honoured to have been included in your itinerary. Thank you very much for your kind review. I'll be sure to pass the positive comments to the team.

london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed here for several nights whilst on business.

I was pleasently surprised.

I loved the decor and the hotel looked fresh and well looked after.

Reception staff on checking in and out were really friendly and welcoming.

Bar/ restaurant staff friendly.

Good 2 nights sleep in comfortable large room.

Had dinner there and breakfasts twice and was very good.

Definifetly going to use this as my Dublin base and would recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your Tripadvisor review. We're very grateful that you took the time, and we're delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here on a Monday night with a young baby. The service from staff was excellent. The decor throughout the hotel is fab. The room we had was lovely with all the things you would expect to have in a hotel of its rating. The tv was huge! The bathroom was also very spacious. We had a quiet room at the back of the hotel. The negatives of this hotel would be that the bed seemed to be two beds pushed together and one of them was awfully noisy every time you moved so I would check the beds before settling in a room. The other main downside is that the hotel is not equipped to cater for a baby (or indeed a person in a wheelchair) with steps at every entrance and no baby changing facilities in the bar/restaurant/reception area. In saying this we managed fine and enjoyed our stay. It is a beautiful hotel in a lovely area of Dublin with only a 20 minute walk to the top of Grafton Street. I would stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Could be noisy at weekend as there is a nightclub so ask for room away from this noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
hamptonhotel, General Manager at Hampton Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Maria D,

I am very grateful that you took the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. Thank you for the great feedback. We can certainly do something about the baby changing services. Hopefully we will have something in place should you visit us again. We will check our beds as well. They are all only a few years old, so they shouldn't be making noise, but I'm glad you brought it to my attention - we'll look into that today.

Thank you very much for your custom and for your review.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Lovely boutique hotel, good value if you book early.

They were able to provide a cot bed and as the rooms do not have a fridge the bar downstairs were happy to keep milk in the fridge for my little one.

Only negative is the cook always over cooks eggs...poached or fried

Room Tip: maybe quieter if you request a room away from the main road and the bar
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
hamptonhotel, General Manager at Hampton Hotel, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear IslandChickinLondon,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. It means a lot to us when people take time to share their experience. It's also very useful to get some feedback. I don't like overcooked eggs either - that's something we can fix! Thanks for letting us know. We take our breakfast seriously, especially in the sourcing of the produce. I'd hate to think we were doing the produce a dis-service. Again, I appreciate your review - I hope you keep us in mind on your next visit to Dublin.

John Clarke

Been to Hampton Hotel? Share your experiences!