“Beauitful and classy hotel” 5 of 5 stars

You added Bewley's Hotel Ballsbridge to your Saves list
Bewley's Hotel Ballsbridge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Merrion Road | Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, Ireland   |
Ranked #93 of 174 Hotels in Dublin
“Beauitful and classy hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

While we were waiting for my uncle at the airport, we went here to stay for the night. The food was delious and there was no complaints. I felt like I was in a historic building that looked like a college. Defo will come back here whenever I stop by to Dublin :)

• Stayed September 2012
JamesCreasey, General Manager at Bewley's Hotel Ballsbridge, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you so much for your high praise, it is always great for us to hear such positive comments. We are delighted that you will stay with us again and look forward to your return.
Many thanks,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is a great location just outside of town centre but plenty of bars etc across the road , I choose this hotel for the car park , which is big and safe underground , rooms are large and clean ,
Great bar in the hotel always busy , breakfast good and plenty of choice , reception area needs a update and ground floor area looking tired now but , plenty to do here and ok for walk into Dublin centre

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,
I appreciate your positive comments and hope that you will return to us soon. We are in the process of some renovation work to update some of the tired areas which is due to be completed by early next year. Thanks once again and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Kind regards,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Upon arriving at the hotel, the outside was magnificent but beware of entering the carpark, especially if driving a medium to large car. The rooms are average. We had a room with a double bed and a single bed. The single bed wasn't meant for an adult and there isn't much room to turn in it. Had issues with the wifi and ended sitting in the corridor or foyer to get access. Breakfast and dinner was realty good and the staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: You either have to drive or catch a bus into the city centre.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your thoughts and I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate your comments regarding the car park, as with most underground car parks there were size constraints when it was excavated. I am pleased that this did not put you off and in particular that you enjoyed the food and the service from our team. We hope you will stay with us again next time you are in Dublin.
Kind regards,
Ft. Lauderdale
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I tried to give this hotel a chance, I really did. I am a very seasoned traveler and have been in the hospitality industry for over twenty years. I completely understand the little flaws, smells, and the uniqueness of a hotel such as this, but I cannot say that I would ever recommend this hotel. In fact, if I return to Dublin, I plan on never staying at a Bewley's again.

The price was right, and I was pleased with the rate, until I realized what that included. The hotel should really think about expanding their services by offering concierge services or staff that can handle checking in guests as well as juggling questions at the same time.

The staff. It was a hit or miss type of thing with them. Very few were friendly or helpful. In fact, they seemed to really not care for their job. Any questions asked was brushed off or rushed. I went across the street to the Four Seasons to ask my questions after being brushed off for the third time.

It was not only the front desk staff. I had a maintenance issue and they were even less friendly. I had breakfast and lunch at the cafe and again, not friendly. After a while, I started to think maybe it was a management issue. Not one person smiled. Not one. I stayed for five days, so that was saying a lot. Again, I tried. In spite of the damp, stuffy rooms, and the fact that I had to ask for towels to accommodate my party of two every day, I over looked all of that.

I first discovered this hotel on the Travel Channel. I was tempted to send them a note stating that maybe things have changed since then, and to consider not playing that episode again.

The management team needs to take a good look at the operation and in spite the issues that they might not be able to change, focus on their staff and level of service.

For the record, I stayed at a worse hotel in Shannon, but gave it a glowing review based on the outstanding service that its staff provided.

A smile goes a long way.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer,
I am so sorry that you did not like the hotel and in particular found the staff unhelpful. I can assure you that this is most unusual and surprising as most of our recent reviews praise the staff for their friendliness. Once again I do apologise that you did not see this and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, I will certainly discuss it with the departmental managers.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

If there were a rating between "Average" and "Very Good" - possibly "Decent!" - then I would have rated Bewley's as this. A really excellent building converted well. Lifts are a bit dated and the decor is generally predictably Hotelish. So whilst a bit bland and unadventurous, this hotel did what we wanted it to. Clean, practical, comfortable and well priced. Excellent and friendly reception staff, this friendliness extended to the housekeeping. I would return here despite the middle of the road, safe feel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,
I am glad to see that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular your praise for the staff. It's always nice to hear from somebody who will return to us and we look forward to welcoming you.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights during a recent trip to Dublin and found it great. While it doesn't have the personal touches of a smaller, non-chain hotel, it was clean, comfortable and the building - a converted 1800's orphanage - was spectacular. We had dinner in the bar twice and the staff were helpful, friendly and fun. The staff on reception were friendly, professional and helpful. The location is a bit of a hike to St Stevens Green, St Patricks, the Guiness Storehouse, etc, but there are busses next to the hotel if you're not up for the walk. Altogether a nice stay.

• Stayed July 2013
JamesCreasey, General Manager at Bewley's Hotel Ballsbridge, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
It is always a pleasure to hear from somebody who enjoyed their stay with us, and in particular giving such high praise to the staff. We really appreciate your time and hope that you will return to us soon for another enjoyable stay.
Ballina, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night midweek.
The rooms are well appointed, clean and very comfortable.
The hotel for a city hotel is quite pretty , with lovely gardens, and a lovely old mansion feel to it.
Staff were friendly and helpful.
I would recommend this hotel, as it is very affordable , and you get great value for your money.
It is lovely to walk into the city centre in the evening.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,
It's great to hear that you were very happy and especially that you found the staff friendly and helpful. We appreciate your kind comments and hope you will stay with us again in the near future.
Many thanks,

Been to Bewley's Hotel Ballsbridge? Share your experiences!