“Cheap clean and really friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sky Backpackers

You added Sky Backpackers to your Saves list
Sky Backpackers
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   2 - 4 Litton Lane, Dublin 1, Ireland (Formerly Litton Lane Hostel)   |
Ranked #11 of 89 Specialty Lodging in Dublin
Dublin, Ireland
“Cheap clean and really friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed in this hostel for 2 weeks and it's a really good choice ! I already tested 3 others hostel in Dublin and this one is my favourite (D1 city Hostel, Issac, Jacobs Inn).
Every thing is clean and comfortable, bathroom, kitchen, bedrooms...
Staff really friendly too

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Polish first
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Great location and helpful staff.
Rooms are very clean and best of all unlike other Dublin hostels the wifi actually works and the plugs are situated next to EVERY bed!.
Breakfast was also a lot better than most other hostels.
Will stay again

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Great location, close to everything. Staff were helpful with everything from storing our luggage, giving us directions, and renting out towels to be used during our stay. We had a free pasta dinner on the second night which was very good. Much cleaner than anything else I experienced in hostels while in Ireland, and much more bright and modern as well. I wouldn't stay again because I don't think I ever want to stay in a hostel ever again, but as far as hostels go this one was my best experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Clarksville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stayed at the Sky Backpackers in July of 2013 and after the experience I had, I'd not be coming back. I decided to stay at this hostel because of the price, as I was staying for a 2 week period while working on a research project in Dublin for my university. You couldn't beat the location and a lot of the reviews I read online were very positive.

While the employees at the hostel were relatively friendly, the rooms were absolutely disgusting. I was staying in the third floor dormitories. I'd booked an all-female room, however I was placed in a co-ed room. It was ridiculously warm, the window wouldn't close, and the room was never quiet. Specifically, the bar right across the way would be playing music loudly until 2 am every night. There was no escaping it.

The actual hostel itself was really dirty. I spent a lot of my time in the dining room reading articles and working on my computer. Thus, I saw a lot of people getting extremely intoxicated and making messes of the kitchen, dining room, and living area. It was unfortunate. The showers and bathrooms in general were really, really disgusting. I regularly ended up waking early to take a shower in the "male" restrooms simply because the doors would lock and the shower rooms were cleaner. There was never any issue when I did this. The bathroom on the main floor off of the laundry area was filthy on a regular basis. It smelt like urine and it smelt disgusting daily.

The hostel staff was really unhelpful when I was asking about information on the National Archives, National Library, and some of the universities in the area. I specifically wanted to know the best ways to get to each location and while I had a map with me, when I asked questions of the staff I was dismissed.

I tried to move hostels halfway through my stay but, sadly, I spent my entire time in Dublin staying in this hostel. I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't choose the top floor! If you are going to stay here, spend the extra money to get a room w...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

& the staff are really friendly & nice. Right on the HUB of O’Connell bridge but tucked back on a quiet side street.. a hop-skip & a jump into the Liffey River & by the Happin’Bridge Northside from Temple Bar. The building is a historic atmospheric one. Formally the home of Litton lane recording studios a famous place for Irish Rock in the great 80’s .. they carry the theme & the buzz makes the place, Great place to stay!.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Chur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I stayed in this hostel while having a conference in Dublin. You can walk easily to the Dublin Conference Centre in about 10 min. I was staying in a 6-bed-dorm which had a nice and very clean bathroom with a great shower. The common room offers a lot of space to relax and free WiFi is included in the whole hostel. Nice staff will help you in everything you ask for. I can definitely recommend this hostel and will be back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Sky Backpackers? Share your experiences!