The hotel is located centrally in Dublin, just 20 minutes on foot from Temple bar. The hotel was under renovation at the time we visited, but it seemed that the renovation was nearly over. We got a renovated room and it was very comfortable. The bathroom and beds were new. It had all the amenities and even an over 40inch TV with media player which allowed us to view the photographs and videos of the day with the aid of a usb stick.
The staff was polite and helpful and the rate we got was perfect, probably due to the renovations taking place (~95 €/night) at the time.
The downsides of our stay were:
- Noise from the room next door / sound proofing is not very good even in the renovated rooms. On the last night, the next door neighbors got drunk and came to the room very late in the night and all sounds of a hangover were clearly audible (they woke us up).
- We did not get a cleaning service the second day we were there, so no one made the bed or changed the towels. We have to say though that the staff of the reception apologized and brought us clean towels and shampoo, but did not give a reason for the lack of cleaning service.
- Noise came from the renovations. This is completely understandable and we were expecting some of that after reading reviews in tripadvisor. There was no mention concerning the renovations when we booked the room though. At the hotel there were big posters apologizing for that.
All in all, for the 95 €/night we paid it was an excellent choice. I do not know if we would have booked the room with the current price of ~125 €/night...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pearse Hotel, in the heart of Dublin City Centre, is positioned to please. Just minutes from the Grand Canal Theatre, Convention Centre Dublin, the International Financial Services Centre (IFSC), The O2 Concert Arena, Trinity College , Croke Park and the Aviva Rugby and Football Stadium. The Pearse Hotel Dublin is the ideal base, whether your visit is for business or pleasure. With 101 bedrooms, restaurant, bar, meeting rooms, mini-gym The Pearse Hotel has everything you need under one roof. Our team pride themselves on providing a warm, Irish welcome and attentive service throughout your stay. The hotel is easy to access by public transport or private car. Irish Rail and DART light rail services stop at nearby Pearse, Tara and Connolly Stations. A selection of Dublin Bus services travel past the hotels front door. An underground car park is available for guests with cars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook and Priceline so you can book your Maldron Hotel Pearse Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Dublin
- Dublin Holiday Inn