“Don't expect the Ritz” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Jackson Court Hotel

Save Saved
You added Jackson Court Hotel to your Saves list
Jackson Court Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   29-30 Harcourt St, Dublin 2, Ireland (South City Centre)   |
Ranked #165 of 177 hotels in Dublin
London, United Kingdom
“Don't expect the Ritz”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I have stayed this hotel twice, both on a girls Christmas trip to Dublin.

The first time we stayed here it was great for what we needed. Yes, the rooms are small but it's a cheap hotel in Europe, the rooms will always be small, so that didn't bother me. When staying at the hotel you get free entry in to the club which was an added bonus for us, the club was a great laugh people were nice, music was varied and it was busy but you could still move.

However I stayed there this December, when we arrived they were still decorating all levels of the hotel which meant we were woken up at 8am by builders, they also didn't bothered putting 'wet paint' signs up which meant my friend ended up with white paint on here coat. In addition the cleanliness has seriously declined we moved rooms after one night (due to an additional friend joining us) when leaving the first room I was double checking we hadn't forgot any thing and I found a child's toy under the bed which certainly wasn't ours. The same this happened when leaving the second room.

I have seen a lot of people mention the beds. Mine was fine, pretty comfortable. However my friends did have a dip in it and broken springs. In our second room the cold tap didn't work and the door didn't close properly. We went down to the club one night and left straight away, there were so many people it wasn't worth it, you couldn't move!! (And I have been to this club on st Paddy's day) the good points are how cheap it is and how close it is to the city centre, the re-furb does make it a lot nicer. However it needs to be cleaned, they should warn guests if they will be decorating during your stay, the maintenance of the room should be checked before guest arrive. Also our key cards KEPT breaking which was really irritating! Some one needs to speak to the bouncers there attitude is disgusting! I understand it must deal with a lot of drunks but there is no need to be rude to hotel guests. This place is fine if you are going on a boozy weekend, just don't expect any luxury, it's a cheap room for the night. I probably won't stay there again as I know there are a lot better places near the city, but if you are looking for some where cheap it's not a bad shout, also the club opens till 5/6 so there's alway another drink waiting if you want to continue the party if your not picky about the sort if clubs you go to!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

230 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

I wasnt on holiday, just up for the night!! Rooms were shockingly small, there was something wrong with my bed I kept rolling to one side!! I'd say the springs were broke!! I didn't mind the noise so much because I was inebriated by the end of the night but that was my only saving grace!! Stay away if u are doing anything other than going drinking, for that it's grand!!

• Stayed November 2013
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Rooms very small,very poor value.
Seems to be a knocking shop for patrons from awful club downstairs which should be avoided at all costs,if you need to go out,go to Diceys just down the road.
If walking around grown woman holding their friends hair back while they puke their guts and men in GAA/Rugby jerseys bumping into you spilling their pints on you is your scene then Coppers is your scene.
Absolutely awful place stay clear.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

We got a double room and it was absolutely tiny! Like a box room with a mattress wedged in there and the walls were paper thin. I could hear the group next door us chatting all nyt and their phones going off music was blaring all nyt. The reception turns into a cloakroom at nyt and you as a guest have to enter threw the nightclub and show a key card or tell them your name so you don't have to pay to get in. Anyway I wouldn't advise ppl with families to stay here its ok if you just want a bed to crash on. You don't even get a remote for your tv here you have to pay to rent it for your stay! Breakfast was nice full Irish but took them 20 min to approach us to order and never came with my coffee which I asked for 3 times and there was only 3 other people in for breakfast so they weren't even busy. Oh and don't ask for orange cordial it's €2 !!!

• Stayed October 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Jackson court hotel.

Worst hotel experience of my life. Travelled across America and stayed in some rough spots. But this place really takes the Piss.

Fire alarm goes off at 4.10am and we panic. Real bad. I'm shaken my partner is real annoyed. We go down the fire escape incase it is a real fire to be met with tables blocking the escape entrance. Get to reception where night club is still in full swing. Ask what's going on and how long it will be before it is sorted. Met with a shrug and a point to the man looking at the alarm box. Await for someone to talk to. Get an elderly gentleman () who is not very pleasant and just tells me someone on the 3rd floor broke the fire alarm. Not even an apology for being so rudely awakened. Eventually tells me that it is sorted.
We go back up to bed. Still shaken from the ordeal. Can't sleep afterwards. It's now 6.20am and I'm still up. It's crazy. Sitting worried about what's going to happen next. As if the loud music down stairs isn't bad enough between the hotels club and the street clubs and bars beside the hotel. With people still going mad out side at now 6.30am. (With bad windows you hear everything out side real easy. 2 sets of windows. Out side window is white frame open at top doesn't close never mind lock. Inside window is brown frame and just pushes or pulls open-no lock either. Photos in gallery) But I could have slept through that no bother. It's the fact of the alarm and the service and the fact that if there was a real fire no one would have a hope of surviving out of this hell hole.

Hotel experience is bad to start with as was told a price by one person who was in contact with Darren the manager. I had to pay an extra €70 on top of this. I wouldn't pay €0.70 cent again for this place. Never mind an extra €70 on top of what we were told. Absolute joke.

Get up to room and it's tiny. No room to swing a cat never mind bringing ur luggage in, as once it's in there, there is no room to maneuver. Bathroom is even smaller and then the shower is worse(although is clean-ish). Hardly fit through the doors. Joke of a place.

Went to look about facilities and elderly man pushes us out and doesn't let us. Not great business. Most hotels you are allowed to look about.

Never experienced anything like it and never intend to again. DO NOT GO HERE. EVER. WHAT EVER THE REASON. night club is a real young crowd.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Cavan, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Arrived early on a Sunday morning (11am) and was met by pleasant girl on reception. Free car park to rear but you have to get the key from reception, open the gate, lock the gate when car is in and return the key. No access from hotel directly so bit of a pain if you are coming in and out regularly during day. This is to be expected with city centre parking anyway I guess. The girl on reception gave us a free upgrade to a superior room which would not be ready until 1pm. We returned at 2pm and she gave us the key. When we entered the room it was still not ready. We just wanted a cup of tea and asked the girl on reception if we could get one in the restaurant. The restaurant doesn't open on weekend and there was no tea available!! We went up town and had tea. The room was very spacious and faced the Luas on the main street. They hotel itself is very dated and really needs a good upgrading. The breakfast is fantastic - lots of choice and good big Irish fry. We didn't hear much noise from the nite club - it was a lot quieter due to it being a Sunday night. Definitely you can hear the Luas when it starts around 6am, but not too much bother. As I said it will take a lot of money to upgrade the hotel and it needs a good cleaning - although they are upgrading at present. You eat breakfast in the bar of the nite club so you can imagine it just is not spotless. We only paid €60 for B&B for both of us (being a Sunday night), and with the free parking and massive breakfast - can't really complain. Not your regular 4* hotel, but not bad considering. You get into the nite club free and also don't have to queue, so that's a bonus.

Room Tip: Reception will give you a front facing room at weekends if available - better when nite club is on...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Catania, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Where to start... First i wish i would have read more reviews on this "hotel" before i booked it. We arrived into DUblin late due to flight delay. When we got there we checked into a night club and the two ladies working at the desk didn't speak much english and were rude. Once we climbed up 4 stories and got to our room (#31) we wanted nothing to do but sleep. The music wasn't too much of an issue even though we were directly above the outside portion of the club. At 4am we were both woke to what sounded like somebody trying to break down our door. Pounding on the door, kicking the door and jiggling the handle. Husband called the front desk 3 times before somebody finally picked up on the 4th time and blew him off. He was close to calling the cops as there isnt a peep hold to look out the door.

The next morning we both had to walk down the stairs dodging puke on the carpet followed by a huge pile at the bottom of the stairs. When we walked to the front desk it was like we were in a completely different building. The ladies were all dressed very nice, hair and make up done and locals so they spoke english. They apologized for this but that was all.

The night came and was the same thing with the banging on the door and people yelling in the halls. We had an early flight out so we went to check out at 5am, walking through a crowded club to get to the front desk.

On a plus side because it was a superior room the room was nice sized. Shower was super small and didnt have a door so water got everywhere.

Overall i would NEVER NEVER recommend this place or stay at this place AGAIN.

Room Tip: if you do go with this hotel, make sure you get the Superior Room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Jackson Court Hotel? Share your experiences!