“Love it!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jackson Court Hotel

Save Saved
You added Jackson Court Hotel to your Saves list
Jackson Court Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   29-30 Harcourt St, Dublin 2, Ireland (South City Centre)   |
Ranked #165 of 177 hotels in Dublin
Dublin, Ireland
“Love it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Ok, if you are looking to relax here....come on.This is one of, if not the busiest hotels in Dublin, as is its nightclub the one and only Coppers!! So expect noise. I have stayed here a few times, €25, bed for myself and a friend free into the club and breakfast included (nice too). Can't go wrong!! Never had any problems in the hotel. (The club bouncers are absolute pigs who pick and choose who they let in and I have experienced these lot once or twice before and seen them in action) but if you stay in the hotel, you don't need to deal with them. So in a nut shell! LOVE IT!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

230 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Limerick, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have stayed in the Jackson Court on two previous occassions , so I knew what to expect. However this time I was bitterly disappointed, after returning to the hotel post concert we enjoyed the nightclub until 3.30am. On arrival to our floor we found that not one but both key cards to each room were not working, so we were unable to acces our floor let alone our rooms. We trekked back down to the reception, where we found cloakroom staff instead of a night porter/receptionist, not once but three times more to activate our key cards, when they finally worked we settled to bed noise aside we slept well. We got up for breakfast to be greeted by two of the rudest waitresses in the breakfast room, plates were slammed down in front of us and a request for certain items to be left off the plates completely ignored. When we complained about this we were told , 'well the food is already plated up so thats it im afraid'. On checkout we spoke with the receptionist who was friendly and said she would pass on our request for a manager to contact us. That was a month ago, after two more phone calls from myself along with two emails. I have yet to hear back from anyone in the hotel. I must admit that copprs does exactly what it says on the tin, great nightclub and the hotel is comfortable, it is just a shame that the staff are so rude, unhelpful and incompetent and the managerial staff clearly donot care about reoccuring business since they do not follow up on customer complaints

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Pontefract, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed in a superior room which was spacious and clean, although there was a hole in the wall!! We requested a quiet room after reading all the reviews. Our quiet room was just above the nightclub - one of the busiest in Dublin! The music played until 6am and the free ear plugs in the room did little to drown it out as the floor was vibrating from the loud music.
The hotel itself and the breakfast were ok, just be warned about the noise.

Room Tip: Superior rooms were well worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Laois.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

NOISE!

Yes there is an awful lot of noise but that is made clear on the website and by reviewers on this site also.

I would only stay here if you were heading out in Dublin, do not stay here if you want to get to bed early and have a quiet sleep.

Rooms- I usually stay in the Superior Rooms, you only pay about €10 extra for them and they are a lot nicer than the standard rooms. Don't be afraid to haggle at reception to get the best deal, especially if it is last minute they will want to fill the rooms. Ask for the first or second floor as there is no lift to the Superior Rooms. Tea/coffee facilities. Bathroom is always very clean. Bed is huge and very comfortable. There are ear plugs in the drawer too!

Breakfast- Cereal, juices, tea/coffee and a fresh hot breakfast. Lovely, fresh and filling- perfect.

Nightclub- free entry when you stay in the hotel. Wednesday is a good night, the band Bluemoose play.

Location- Central to restaurants/ clubs etc.

Parking- There is a free car park but it only has a small number of spaces. If you have a large car it can be tricky to get in and out of as people tend to park all over the place. Apart from that you will have to park on the street which costs a fortune and the clamper's are notoriously bad in the area.

Room Tip: Superior rooms, ask for one that DOES NOT over look the nightclub
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Wow. This is not somewhere to stay if you intend sleeping at all. The location is excellent and the room was fine, with a nice en suite. You need to buy a token to use the wifi, and their machine wasn't working, so there was a bit of hassle with that, and the TV remote was missing. However, the room seemed like a fantastic bargain until about 4am, when it became apparent it had been a terrible mistake. When warned about noise from the club downstairs I imagined loud music until 2am or so, when I'd just be getting to sleep anyway, and maybe a bit of a racket outside while people left. (I stayed on a Sunday night.) In fact, the thumping, terrible music ('Let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel' was a highlight) continued until well into the early hours, and rather than leaving, the clientele preferred to stand directly under the windows yelling at the top of their lungs, singing and arguing for literally hours on end. When the noise began to die down (just as it was getting light) I had hopes of fitting in a couple of hours' rest before giving the presentation I was in Dublin to make. It turned out, however, that most of the crowd was coming inside, to continue shrieking and banging around the thin-walled corridors of the hotel. If you're 18 and can think of nothing better than a sleepless night, this is the place for you. If not, avoid!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Monaghan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

As I college student in Dublin, I was frequently in Copper's nightclub, which is part of this hotel. Therefore when I stayed I knew what to expect. On the night of my graduation most people in my course stayed here. It is really just a hotel for people wanting to go out, and that is what it is perfect for. We had a double room, which was really tiny, literally a bed, a tv and a chair in the corner. The bathroom however, was modern. The size of the room didn't bother me as we were only using it as somewhere to stay that night. Those staying at the hotel get free entry into the nightclub as well. I would recommend this hotel as a good place to stay for a night out in Dublin. Staff are friendly and we did not get up for breakfast. One compliant I have is the closest car park to the hotel is a bit of a trek. However, the Luas line outside is handy to access all areas of Dublin

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Newtownards, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and my my it was lovely rooms were spacious with a four poster bed and large bathroom. Restaurant and breakfast were great and the staff couldnt have been nicer. The only thing people may complain about is on certain nights of the week the hotel turns into a bit of a night club loud music and very very busy, this however didnt bother us as we just went out and down into temple bar for dome good old irish music and comedy!

The club soesnt stay open late and is actually under the hotel. The bars in the hotel.. think theres 3 well they open up at different times of the night and it just gets busier and busier. Overall a great stay and would stay here again!

Emma and Daniel (young couple) Northern Ireland

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Jackson Court Hotel? Share your experiences!