“Nice hotel, helpful staff and great location” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early & Save
Ranked #55 of 174 Hotels in Dublin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Whitsett, North Carolina
“Nice hotel, helpful staff and great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Good rooms and good restaurant . Overall staff were very helpful, Michelle working at the front desk went out of her way to find me a guide for the afternoon so I could see the city of Dublin. She obtained Brian O'Reilly, Corporate Taxis service who was fantastic in showing me the city with excellent commentary. He then suggested a very nice Irish pub near the Phoenix Park, Angler's Rest where my husband and I had a wonderful meal. The location of the hotel is great for walking to many of the noted attractions in center city and the public transportation is easy to navigate. I really enjoyed my week in Dublin.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the canal provide a better view. The 3rd floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Guest_Relations_HD, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Sharon2902,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on tripadvisor.

I am delighted to hear that you had a fantastic time in Dublin and that you had really enjoyed your stay in our hotel.

Thank you for mentioning our front office supervisor Michelle, we are thrilled to hear your very kind words and your comments have been shared with the front office team.

I am happy to hear that you had found the rooms to be comfortable and very quiet.

Thank you for your valued feedback it would be a great pleasure to welcome you back to Hilton Dublin in the future.

Louise Coyne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Having just stayed at a Hilton hotel in London, I must say that the price of staying at the Hilton in Dublin was a welcome surprise (difference of approximately 250 euros...!)
That said, the quality of this Hilton was not quite as up to par. I always like to use the extra security of the chain lock, but the chain lock on my door had been oddly removed (the chain was gone but the other elements were there). Oh well. Other than that, the room itself was fine, nothing special ( I was given two narrow twin beds which made me chuckle - haven't slept in a twin bed since I was a child). The bar is nice and the food from the bar quite tasty (especially the fries)! The breakfast buffet is copious and has everything you could ever want for breakfast.
All in all, having stayed here twice in the past couple of years, I would say that this is a decent option for a stay in Dublin. There is nothing absolutely remarkable about it, but it does remain a Hilton, which ensures a reliable quality that doesn't disappoint.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Guest_Relations_HD, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear KOuest,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to leave a review on tripadvisor.

We are delighted to hear that this was a return visit to our hotel and that you had enjoyed your stay. I was sorry to hear that the beds were quite small for you, unfortunatley this is the only size beds that we have in our twin rooms. I do apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I am also disappointed to hear that you had some trouble with the lock on the door of your room, security is of paramount importance to us, and we would like to investigate this further. I would greatly appreciate if you could contact me and provide me with the room number in which you had stayed in and I can ask our maintenance team to look into this. It maybe the case that as we do not have chain locks instead of this we have a smiliar lock but it has a switch instead of a chain. Please feel free to contact me on my email louise.coyne@hilton.com if you would like to give me any further information.

Once again many thanks for your feedback, I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hilton Dublin in the future.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Spent time at the Hilton in Dublin center as Gold member.
Nice rooms, clean, large enough and quite.

Friendly staff and I enjoyed the time at the bar.

Ideal for business travellers ;-)
Value for money.
Half hour from the airport and walking distance from the main tourist attractions.
Close to the main river and the train station.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Guest_Relations_HD, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear traveller1969,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review.

Many thanks for mentioning our hotels central location.

I am delighted that as a Gold HHonors member you where more than happy with the value and quality of your stay with us.

We would be thrilled to welcome you back to our hotel in the not so distant future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We chose to stay at the Hilton Dublin as we previously stayed at the Conrad and wanted to try something different for this visit. I wish we hadn't.

The location is not ideal, there is the option of catching a tram (there is a station facing the hotel). The walk back to the hotel from the centre of Dublin does take you through some poorly lit residential areas (I wouldn't feel comfortable walking on my own at night).

We arrived to a busy lobby as there was a group of Emirates airline staff checking out, we were dealt with in good time and we informed that we wouldn't be able to check in for a few hours (understandable as we'd arrived early in the morning).

We were handed an envelope which informed that as they were not able to upgrade our room there'd be a bottle of 'premium red wine and a box of chocolates' .

Our room was quite large by European standards and was modern and in relatively good condition. We were disappointed to see that our 'premium bottle of wine' was in fact two tiny bottles of unpalatable vinegar; and the 'box of chocolates' was two pieces of chocolate.

After we freshened up we decided to check out the bar.. and wow were we in the a shock. We were served at the bar by a very rude bartender and didn't seem very happy about having to serve people drinks. The tables were sticky, the bar area was messy with lots of glasses and plates everywhere.

The bar felt like a tacky, rowdy chain pub rather than the pleasant atmosphere I expect in a Hilton brand property.The bar area was truly awful and really lets the rest of the hotel down.

I got the impression that the hotel are embarrassed by the bar, we walked out of the bar and asked a lady at the front desk if it was the only bar. She smirked and said "Yes it is, but there are some nicer bars around the corner".

The one major redeeming feature of the Hilton Dublin was the breakfast, the choice and quality of the food on offer is fantastic- and the breakfast staff were very friendly.

We stayed in the Brussels Hilton a few weeks before and it's incomprehensible that these two hotels are on a par.

The cherry on the cake of our mediocre stay was as we checked out I checked with the clerk that my HHonours card has been swiped as i've had issues with my points not reaching my account. He replied without looking up "we have no control over that". Helpful.

I will not be staying at the Hilton Dublin when i'm next in the city, and will head back to the Conrad.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed here Friday 1/3/2013 until Sun 3/3/13 with my wife. Just a short weekend break. Having stayed in Dublin many times before we knew what to expect in standards. this was our first stay at this hotel and I must say it didnt disappoint. Rooms very clean tidy along with the rest of the hotel, really just what you would expect of a good quality Hilton hotel. easy walking distance to city centre, Hotel has its own secure carpark (10 euro per night) although with the carpark being part of the hotel and secure I think its a fair price. The staff were excellent, more than helpful, and a special thankyou to Lisa at reception who went out of her way to be of assistance on any occasion. Thankyou Hilton.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tom P

Thank you for taking the time to write a fantastic review on tripadvisor.

We are thrilled that you and your wife chose to stay with us for your short weekend break away.

I am glad to hear that you where more than satisfied with your stay and that you found the rooms to be very clean and of good quality. Thank you for also mentioning our secure carpark we also find our set prices for guests of good value as it quite expensive in the city centre areas for parking.

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding our team members in particular Lisa, I have shared your feedback with Lisa and she is more than happy to hear your kind words.

We hope to welcome you back to Hilton Dublin in the near future.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Went on business and the staff were good and attentive. Emirates appear to use this as their hotel for their Dubai stop-over, which is a good tip. Nudge, wink.

I'd certainly use this place if I was spending myown money too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear C M

Thank for you taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor.

We are happy that you had chosen to stay at our hotel whilst in Dublin on business.
Thank you for mentioning the helpfulness of our staff members, your feedback has been forwarded onto the team.

We hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Dublin in the very near future.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My wife and I spend very pleasant nights in the Hilton hotel. The location is perfect for town...its 15min to city and 5 min to Stephens Green by Luas.. One of the most memorable things about staying at the Hilton was the lovely breakfast .Very friendly staff on the recepcion ...
The staff were brilliant especially Vladimir on accommodation. He help me all the time and the room when he cleaned was very very perfect. I want to thank him.. Great job Vladimir...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel on tripadvisor.

Thank you for mentioning our hotel's location and the Luas line outside the hotel we are happy to hear that this was very convenient for you and your wife whilst staying with us.

I am delighted to hear that you had thoroughly enjoyed our Hilton Breakfast.

A big thank you for mentioning our team member Vladmir for providing excellent service to you and your wife during your stay. Your comments have been shared with our senior management team and the accommodation manager has passed on your kind words to Vladmir.

Once again thank you for your feedback. We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to Hilton Dublin in the near future.

Hotel Administrator

Been to Hilton Dublin? Share your experiences!