“Decent hotel in Dublin” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 171 Hotels in Dublin
Dubai
“Decent hotel in Dublin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Located approximately 15-20 minutes drive from Dublin International airport, close to the city centre.

Friendly/Helpful/polite staff are at hand at all times to assist guests. Rooms are clean and somewhat small in size. In-room amenities provided are plenty and of good quality. property is maintained very clean everywhere.

I only had breakfast in the hotel and was average in terms of choice. Hotel bar is located right in front of the lobby and was not busy at all. Loved the courtyard seating area in the middle of the hotel, which I felt was a nice touch.

Very limited number of smoking rooms are available in the hotel and this may be a challenge, if you are a smoker! (Clear warning is attached to the key card that stated a 75 euro fine for the offenders!!).

A short walk from the hotel would take you to some nice pubs around the area. Euro 10-12 taxi ride from hotel would take you to the city centre.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank AviatorDXB
JenniferDalton01, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Dear AviatorDXB

Thank you for kindly taking the time to leave such a lovely review on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to see you enjoyed our central location and found the hotel to your liking.
Thank you for your kind words regarding the team here, they sent their best wishes.

We have 4 smoking rooms within the hotel when are available on request at the time of booking if demand allows. I do hope this did not inconvenience you too much.

We hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Dublin in the very near future.

Many thanks

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

This is the second time I stayed there. This time it was for several nights while attending a conference. The place is clean and the staff although borderline incompetent is friendly. Many of them can barely speak English especially in the restaurant at breakfast. It is the kind of place that nickels and dimes you to death. Everything you want is additional cost. I cannot recall a specific incident or complaint, but when I left I felt that something is missing and it just was not a truly pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor if staying over the weekend. Saturday night is weddings night and the...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Valiant10000
Dear Valiant10000
Thank you for kindly taking the time to leave us a review on Tripadvisor.
I was delighted to see you choose the Hilton Dublin for a second time.
I apologise for any issues during this stay with us, I would be delighted to follow up with any feedback you have if you would like to contact me at the hotel.
We hope you choose to stay at the Hilton Dublin again

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Room was great

SkySports was very welcome (although it was very fuzzy!)

Breakfast good

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
JenniferDalton01, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Dear HantsJonny
Thank you for kindly taking the time to leave us a review on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to see you enjoyed the room and of course the breakfast. I have passed your comments regarding the Sky Sports to our service providers.
We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Montclair, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012 via mobile

For better or worse, when I walked in, I was clearly in the Hilton world. The welcome and room were equivalent to most of the Hiltons I have been in while traveling in the US. Average size room, comfortable bed, clean room, reliable wireless. To me, those are the essentials. Some odd misses are absolutely no draws for storing clothes, just a small tight closet. One plus is a US-plug ready adapter on the desk. Small niceties like that go a long way. And as a Hilton Diamond, I found a plate of pear and orange in the room. Nice bar/restaurant on first floor.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Jaewriter
Dear roadtravelled09
Thank you for kindly taking the time to leave us a review on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to see you enjoyed our central location and found visiting local attractions so easy.
I apologise for any inconvenience with your bed, I have asked our maintenance team to have a look as we wish all our guests a peaceful and comfortable nights sleep.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel should you return to Dublin.
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

We had a one night stay in this hotel, it is a modern hotel. The room was a pretty standard double room with everything we needed including a decent hairdryer. The only problem we found with this room was the bed as we found it quite uncomfortable, it just seemed like it was quite worn out. Besides the bad nights sleep we did enjoy our stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Dublin as the tram stops outside which makes seeing the city very easy.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank roadtravelled09
Dear roadtravelled09
Thank you for kindly taking the time to leave us a review on Tripadvisor.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel should you be in Dublin
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Thought this hotel was nice although attention to detail in a few spots could improve a lot. Good nights sleep with friendly staff, could be more helpful at front desk.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank thuntdub
Dear thuntdub
Thank you for kindly taking the time to leave us a review on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed your feedback to the relevant manager regarding the front desk. We are always grateful to receive feedback from our guests.
Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Dublin.
N. Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

My wife and I stayed for one night. Customer service is excellent and included a change in the night of our stay, at very short notice, without any hassle or additional charge.
Rooms are ultra modern, clean and bright and include a large widescreen tv, iron and ironing board and the usual facilities for a standard double.
Location is reasonably good with a short walk to the Harcourt Street/Camden Street area, a short 15 minute walk to the shopping areas and the Luas right at the door. An underground car park is also available.
We had a few niggles with the stay. Our room was right beside the Luas line and was on the top floor, obviously close to some plant on the roof. There was a constant hum of a fan/motor and the occasional rumble from the Luas (despite the triple glazing) which led to a patchy night's sleep for my wife who is a light sleeper.
Breakfast provided a reasonable choice in the plush Uisce restaurant but the food could have been warmer and the fried bread was like concrete.
Parking is also E10 for overnight parking. Reasonable in terms of parking in Dublin but at a room rate of E110 (approx) I think this ought to be included in the overall price.
On another day, in another room I may have rated this 5 stars, but I certainly would return and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GCCo.Derry
Dear GCCo.Derry

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us and found rooms comfortable and convenient and that the location suited you so well.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused to your wife, please be assured I have had our maintenance team check on our equipment on the roof. Thank you aldo for your feedback regarding breakfast and the car park charges I have passed both to the relevant manager for review.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the futures, when we will aim to earn your five stars. I thank you for your recommendation.