“brill hols short brake” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Abbey Hotel

You added Abbey Hotel to your Saves list
Abbey Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   52 Middle Abbey Street, Dublin 1, Ireland (North City Centre)   |
Ranked #140 of 174 Hotels in Dublin
tenerife
“brill hols short brake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

good hols lots to do day and night.; hotel very centrel good prices but that is just for room only dublin is a must but take plenty money. we spent as mush on a 4 day breack than a week in spain but dublin is a must like to go agian

Room Tip: as to go on lower floor has we were on the 4 floor with 2 flights to a landing and no lift carpet on...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Finnish first
Hobart, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The elevators doesn't work. Plaster sheets now cover it. I requested a room on the lower floors but was given a room on the fourth floor. Even walking up these stairs was an issue for us, let alone getting the luggage up and dow. Breakfast is ridiculous, €4.90 for toast and weatbix. Go over the road for a much better breakfast. Staff are polite and helpful but there is no way I would recommend or stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Hotel has a great location. Staff were very helpful and accomdating. Would definatley recommed staying in this hotel. Will definatley be back soon. Bar staff are lovely. Great value for money. Easy access to shops and bars

• Stayed July 2013
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

When booking this hotel, i looked on here, tripadvisor, to read some of the reviews to be honest i had a mixed feeling from what i had read. so decided to take the plunge and book.
I found the booking process very easy, and the reception staff very helpful and friendley, we had had a very early flight, but could not check in tiill 2pm, however the staff arranged things so we could get into out room earlier! which was great!!
The location of this family run hotel could not be better!!!! All the sights of dublin at your feet!!
The hotel room, was perfect for a weekend stay, i payed a great price, got a room in the heart of the city, yes it was basic, and clean but its all you need for a weekend away with the girlies!!

I would not say its the best hotel for families or couples wanting a quiet break.... more for the weekender with friends, as there are various nightclubs along this road!

We did have lunch here in the hotel bar, the food was perfectly fine! no complaints what so ever!!

The staff ver very friendly, and made me feel very welcome!!

I would like to say, Gerry (the bar manager) and Franko were very polite, friendly staff, and made myself and friend feel very welcome!! In fact the first night we never even left the bar!!

I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends or family wanting a cheeky city break...... Was fantastic!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Galway
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I suffered the most horrendous night during my stay. I was subjected to overbearing heat in the room which could not be adjusted. When I complained about this I was told that it could not be adjusted as the heat had to be on at this temperature to heat the water. This is a ridiculus situation to experience in the height of summer.I was also subjected to unbarable noise from the front of the hotel from rowdy groups. I could not tell if they were hotel guests or not. The hotel is not on a very good street, even for dublin.
I complained to the desk and the manager in the morning where I demanded my money back for the terrible night experienced. She promised me she would be in touch but I now beleive that I was only being fobbed off. I am disgusted that I have been treated this way and being ignored just tops it off. I would recommend you avoid this hotel as there are plenty of others in Dublin

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Room was basic but functional, good shower, very good night's sleep.

I injured my calf muscle while I was there and the bar staff helped out by supplying jugs of ice and carrying all my luggage up and down 4 storeys for me.

Excellent value for money and great staff..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Salzburg, Austria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Very central location, right in the heart of the city, we pre ordered a double bed and we got 2 singles, in fairness the goth chick at reception changed us to a room with a double in a few minutes, the walls were paper thin and the room was not the cleanest but the bed was so uncomfortable i felt like i was sleeping on rocks!!didnt have breakfast there as we had no time. plus twice when we wanted to leave early in the morning to go to a tour and to the airport we were not allowed to go through the exit door and had to drag our luggage through the bar.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Abbey Hotel? Share your experiences!