“Very good hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #138 of 177 hotels in Dublin
Finland
“Very good hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I`ve been two times to Dublin, first time in a B&B close to Regency Hotel and second time in the hotel. The hotel was a pleasent experience, I was travelling with my mother and my daughter and we all liked the hotel alot. The staff was nice and helpful, the room was spacious (big, we had 5 beds, 2 rooms, 1 bathroom and one toilet for the 3 of us!), and with great view overlooking Dublin, breakfast area was good. Also my little girl loved the possibility to go swimming. Finding the hotel was easy and also going to the center by bus was easy.
(I went there 3 years ago so things might have changed...)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

869 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
galway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

the room was ok,it served its purpose,reception staff were friendly and gave us directions to city centre and shopping centre which is close by. we would stay here again as its great value and easy access to city centre

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Wexford, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I got a great deal online so was generally happy. The room was adequate with an excellent city view. Sadly the TV only worked intermittently and when brought to the attention of Reception, they weren't too bothered. Handy location between City and Airport. Food was ok but could be a lot better. I feel the Hotel lacks serious Management. The Leisure Centre was dirty. I Swam on Saturday morning and noticed empty bottles by the Jacuzzi and the dressing room had rubbish on the floor. I was disgusted to see the same stuff in the same place the following day so no cleaning done on a daily basis. Eek! Could do with a visit from the Health Inspectors!!

Room Tip: The city view rooms, while a bit tired, were cheered up by the view!
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Hotel was nice, bar area was lovely and food was lovely, however staff found to be rude. Reception staff whilst friendly were unable to assist with directions to a few major landmarks in the city centre.Leisure centre was great with great ammenties and beautifully presented however unaccessable from inside the hotel, meaning one would need to go out the main entrance and walk about 20 metres to access the centre.
Room was average, bathroom was newly renovated and warm. no phone in room and window was barely usable. Biggest downfall was the housekeeping staff starting their rounds at appx 730am, making quite a fair bit of noise. On sunday morning we were awoken at 9am by a cleaner knocking on the door, unacceptable before check out time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not situated at at corridors end as this is where the housekeeping store rooms are.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We booked this hotel to stay in after a flight into Dublin airport. It was cheaper than everywhere else so we went for it expecting nothing much. I had seen this hotel from the road before and the big red old-fashioned sign is very off-putting...but when I drove around the side to the main enterence it was a whole different story. It looked elegant and certainly worth more than the 49euro for the night! It is conveniently located beside a convenience store. The receptionist had us checked in very fast and the whole place was well furnished and lovely. The room was warm, spacious and comfortable, and the bathroom was clean and well equipped. We were informed that we had full use if the leisure facilities but we did not avail because we were tired from traveling. We had such a relaxing time. There were plenty of channels on the TV and tea/coffee making facilities and we were able to unwind and relax without disturbance. Although the parking was not free, we only paid about 6euro for the night, I had expected it to be more. All-in-all, I would recommended this place highly over all the other "budget" hotels in the Dublin Airport vicinity. We just wanted somewhere to rest our heads but it became an extra night onto our holidays :)

Room Tip: Lifts are tiny, beware if you are claustrophobic at all!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Cork
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great value for money for short stay; 2 nights for €49 + 4 breakfasts @ €10 each total €89. Breakfast poor value for €10 each. Room warm and very comfortable. Staff pleasant and helpful except for barman who had a cock and bull story about the bottle opener when I asked him to open a bottle of wine. Excellent Italian restaurant Il Corvo within walking distance in Drumcondra.

Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed in hotel with my daughter last Friday as we ere having renovations in the house and wanted her to have a good nights sleep. We chaecked in and I was delighted to hear that we were being offered a complimentary upgrade! Delighted we headed to the room, firstly, if this was an upgraded room I would hate to see the standard rooms! The room was freezing also! After a nice dinner in the restaurant we headed up to bed. While watching television in bed the pplace was echoed with loud music and I realised they had placed us diectly over the function room!!!!!My daughter jumped out of her sleep and I rang down to reception and was told that there was a function on(like I hadnt already guessed)!! The girl was so unhelpful I just hung up. This went on unti all hours and I again called down and the unhelpful man recpetionist who could barely speak proper english just apologised! Not even offered a room move! I work in hotels and could not believe it! On check-out the gentleman sis not even look at me just said"room number" and when he saw the account was settled the said that was fine. I then said as he hadnt asked I may tell him about my stay. He took my details and told me a letter would come in the post- obviously never recieved a thing. When I asked about the parking he then charged me even after knowing about my sleepless night! People working in this hotel have no cop on firstly to put a woman and a 3 year old over a function room in the first place and absolutely no customer service! Will never return to this hotel- better off its demolished!!!!

Room Tip: Just do not stay here!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Regency Hotel Dublin? Share your experiences!