“Not really a hotel, more like a B&B.” 4 of 5 stars

Roxford Lodge Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   46 Northumberland Road, Dublin 4, Ireland   |
Ranked #18 of 172 Hotels in Dublin
Brooklyn, New York
“Not really a hotel, more like a B&B.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed for 4 nights in an Economy Single room. The room was very small, but well appointed. There was a sauna in the room that took up a lot of space. Would be much better value w/o the sauna in the room. The bathroom was nice. Not too small. Enjoyed the jacuzzi tub.

The hotel is located about a 20 minute walk/7 EUR cab ride/1.40 EUR bus ride from the city centre. Very safe, posh area. Bus stop right outside the hotel. Cabs everywhere.

They have free unsecured wifi which worked only part of the time I was there. But I found this to be a common occurrence in Dublin. Wifi was out everywhere.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

I chose this hotel after reading reviews on Trip Advisor and I was not dissappointed.
Very friendly and helpful staff, I was offered tea or coffee on numerous occasions, served in the lounge.
My room was clean, comfortable, and even had a jacuzzi in the bathroom. It was cleaned every day.
The hotel is situated about 15 minutes walk from Trinity College 25 minutes from the Liffey.
There is a bus that runs past the hotel every 15-20 minutes to the City centre and back for 1€ each way.
I decided not to have breakfast at the Roxford as I like to eat out, and just down the road towards Trinity College is Kilkenny, a family homeware store that has a restuarnt on the first floor. For 5€ you can chose four breakfast items and for 7€ you can choose six items plus brown or white toast plus tea or coffee, and it was all really, really good quality, hot, with great service. The relish is a must to try!! It was so good I decided to have go back the next day and have the extra items. Kilkenny also have a lunch and evening menu changed daily!

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed here on a midweek trip and it was absolutely fantastic. We had a gorgeous room with a high ceiling that just made it feel so spacious, the hotel oozes character but has all the amenities too. The high speed internet was excellent, which I needed for work. The parking is very secure and there are plenty of spaces.

The room had to be the cleanest and best maintained of any I have stayed in, the DVDs in the room are a really nice touch, and I found the desk with the fax/printer very useful. We didn't use the jacuzzi bath or steam room but they looked good.

The staff are excellent, very helpful, friendly and accommodating, I was able to use the hotel as a base even after I had checked out.

This will now be my default hotel when visiting Dublin. Very happy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
North Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

A friend and I just completed four nights at the Roxford Lodge Hotel in Dublin's Ballsbridge District. Close to Aviva Stadium where we enjoyed a rugby test match between South Africa and Ireland, the hotel is also within easy walking distance to the central part of the city [for spry Guiness-drinkers like ourselves] or an easy bus ride or taxi away.

From the airport, the AirCoach stops within 150 metres of the Roxford at School House Hotel. Be warned, though, if you buy a return ticket in advance as I did leave plenty of time for your return journey. Our bus was at least 25 minutes late so we ended up grabbing a cab anyway.

As for the Roxford, the rooms are clean; the hotel is quiet; and the prices are reasonable. While ours did not come with the complimentary Irish Breakfast, we enjoyed the 6 Euro continental starter that was not only more than adequate, it was far more than either of us would eat in a typical day back home.

Of special note is the service. Agnes, Desmond and Jennifer were terrific. Every night when we returned to the hotel, Agnes was there to offer us a pot of tea or coffee and some cookies in our room -- the consummate hostess. When we discovered a broken hanger rod in our closet, Desmond immediately appeared to fix it. And Jennifer proved to be the ultimate guide, directing us to points of interest cultural and festive.

If you want to be in the middle of the action, then the Roxford may not be for you. If you like to be near the action in a quieter part of the city, and if exceptional service means anything to you, consider the Roxford for your next trip to Dublin.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Lisburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel’s a gem. On arrival I was made to feel I was the most important customer it was ever going to have to stay within it.

Stephanie (the receptionist) made me feel very welcome and with an immediate offer of tea or coffee I was convinced I had made the right choice of hotel for my Dublin stay.

As an unaccompanied traveller I was delighted with my room. It was not big but it was of sufficient size and was spotlessly clean. It was well furnished and had a delightful bathroom. The Jacuzzi was the icing on the cake for me.

The hotel is in a nice area and if public transport is your means of getting about the bus stop is beside the hotel and a modest fare (1.4 euros) will get you into the city centre.

I had breakfast in the hotel. It was freshly prepared, tasted great and was well presented by a pleasant member of staff.

I hope to go to this hotel again. This was my first stay in the Roxford; having stayed in quite a few Dublin hotels in the past. Any future stays in the south side of Dublin will definitely be in this one.

Room Tip: My room was located on the ground floor at the front of the building. The front of the building is n...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Tralee, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here for the weekend of the Dublin City Marathon and was very glad we did - fantastic hotel - probably the best Dublin hotel I've stayed in. Warm atmosphere, friendly staff, and good location. When we arrived we were told there was an error with our booking which meant we would be upgraded to the executive suite for no extra cost - I like those kinds of errors! Our room was excellent - even had a sauna and jacuzzi. We enjoyed every minute we spent here, and will definitely be back. Free secure parking. Very highly recommended.

Room Tip: If you can stretch to the executive suite do!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple