“Will definitely be back!” 5 of 5 stars

Roxford Lodge Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   46 Northumberland Road, Dublin 4, Ireland   |
Ranked #16 of 177 hotels in Dublin

611 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed here on a midweek trip and it was absolutely fantastic. We had a gorgeous room with a high ceiling that just made it feel so spacious, the hotel oozes character but has all the amenities too. The high speed internet was excellent, which I needed for work. The parking is very secure and there are plenty of spaces.

The room had to be the cleanest and best maintained of any I have stayed in, the DVDs in the room are a really nice touch, and I found the desk with the fax/printer very useful. We didn't use the jacuzzi bath or steam room but they looked good.

The staff are excellent, very helpful, friendly and accommodating, I was able to use the hotel as a base even after I had checked out.

This will now be my default hotel when visiting Dublin. Very happy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
North Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

A friend and I just completed four nights at the Roxford Lodge Hotel in Dublin's Ballsbridge District. Close to Aviva Stadium where we enjoyed a rugby test match between South Africa and Ireland, the hotel is also within easy walking distance to the central part of the city [for spry Guiness-drinkers like ourselves] or an easy bus ride or taxi away.

From the airport, the AirCoach stops within 150 metres of the Roxford at School House Hotel. Be warned, though, if you buy a return ticket in advance as I did leave plenty of time for your return journey. Our bus was at least 25 minutes late so we ended up grabbing a cab anyway.

As for the Roxford, the rooms are clean; the hotel is quiet; and the prices are reasonable. While ours did not come with the complimentary Irish Breakfast, we enjoyed the 6 Euro continental starter that was not only more than adequate, it was far more than either of us would eat in a typical day back home.

Of special note is the service. Agnes, Desmond and Jennifer were terrific. Every night when we returned to the hotel, Agnes was there to offer us a pot of tea or coffee and some cookies in our room -- the consummate hostess. When we discovered a broken hanger rod in our closet, Desmond immediately appeared to fix it. And Jennifer proved to be the ultimate guide, directing us to points of interest cultural and festive.

If you want to be in the middle of the action, then the Roxford may not be for you. If you like to be near the action in a quieter part of the city, and if exceptional service means anything to you, consider the Roxford for your next trip to Dublin.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Lisburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel’s a gem. On arrival I was made to feel I was the most important customer it was ever going to have to stay within it.

Stephanie (the receptionist) made me feel very welcome and with an immediate offer of tea or coffee I was convinced I had made the right choice of hotel for my Dublin stay.

As an unaccompanied traveller I was delighted with my room. It was not big but it was of sufficient size and was spotlessly clean. It was well furnished and had a delightful bathroom. The Jacuzzi was the icing on the cake for me.

The hotel is in a nice area and if public transport is your means of getting about the bus stop is beside the hotel and a modest fare (1.4 euros) will get you into the city centre.

I had breakfast in the hotel. It was freshly prepared, tasted great and was well presented by a pleasant member of staff.

I hope to go to this hotel again. This was my first stay in the Roxford; having stayed in quite a few Dublin hotels in the past. Any future stays in the south side of Dublin will definitely be in this one.

Room Tip: My room was located on the ground floor at the front of the building. The front of the building is n...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Tralee, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here for the weekend of the Dublin City Marathon and was very glad we did - fantastic hotel - probably the best Dublin hotel I've stayed in. Warm atmosphere, friendly staff, and good location. When we arrived we were told there was an error with our booking which meant we would be upgraded to the executive suite for no extra cost - I like those kinds of errors! Our room was excellent - even had a sauna and jacuzzi. We enjoyed every minute we spent here, and will definitely be back. Free secure parking. Very highly recommended.

Room Tip: If you can stretch to the executive suite do!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The hotel was lovely, clean and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful (especially Jen).
I had a double room and it was very spacious and the bed very comfortable.
The breakfast was very good, but it should have been included in the price of the room.
I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

This lodge is a little gem in the city of Dublin. We arrived 5 hours prior to check in, but we were graciously greeted by the receptionist. They were able to give us our room right away and brought a lovely tray of coffee and cookies within 15 minutes. The room was very clean, cozy and filled with all of the nicities (flatscreen TV, nice bedding, complentary trays of coffee and tea, sauna, fluffy towels, etc) The room was a good size, bedroom and bath were completely separate which was nice, and there was a balcony in the back to get a bit of fresh air. We never heard any of the other guest in the rooms around us either. The morning breakfast was great. The breakfast room was nice and I loved enjoying my morning coffee there. The lounge was very cozy also. Lastly the staff was great. They were all incredibly friendly and accomodating. We loved this place and will return next time we are in Dublin.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Roxford Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!