“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Schoolhouse Hotel

You added Schoolhouse Hotel to your Saves list
Schoolhouse Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 - 8 Northumberland Road | Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, Ireland   |
Ranked #24 of 171 Hotels in Dublin
Santiago, Region Metropolitana, Chile
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

The place was lovely, and being right beside the canal makes for a pretty quaint view. The staff were incredibly friendly with every request I made, the rooms were very comfortable and the location was very good, just a 10' walk from Temple Bar.

100% recommended! Everything you want from a hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here at The Schoolhouse 4 Star Hotel, Ballsbridge. This is truly a gem of a place. Our room was quite large, the beds amazing with crisp sheets. But the restaurant food was impeccable. It was so good we ate there both nights that we stayed in Dublin. the front desk was very helpful with instructions on how to get around in the city. There is also an Irish pub on sight. It is within walking distance of Trinity College. We would absolutely go back and have recommended it to friends.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The service here was excellent, and the food was very good too. The distance from the town centre was a bit further than I had planned. If you aren't up for a walk then I would stay closer to the centre. The room was well equipped, with a big comfortable bed, desk TV etc. The only reason this isn't a 5 star review is that my pillows and duvet really smelt of cigarettes, something I haven't experienced in quite a while. The sheets were also over-starched which I don't like. Both of these made it difficult for me to get to sleep. I was so tired after my journey though that once I was in bed I couldn't face getting up again to complain, and I was only staying one night. If it bothers you I would strongly suggest asking for a non-smoking room (if they have them).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We arrived after a long flight from New York to Dublin and were greeted by the friendly and accommodating staff at the Schoolhouse Hotel. Jenni who had helped me with rental car information and other questions via email prior to our travels is a great example of what customer service should be, friendly, helpful and welcoming. We stayed in the headmistresses room and were impressed with the room both in decor and comfort. The shower and tub were great and the bed was very comfy. We ordered room service and were impressed with the service and quality of the food. This is a perfect hotel if you are looking for a bit of a quiet escape within the city with excellent customer service and accommodations.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SchoolhouseHotel, General Manager at Schoolhouse Hotel, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear Amie,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We strive to exceed out customers expectations in both the service we provide and the customer servicer we deliver so it is always rewarding to receive such positive feedback. We do hope you come visit us the next time you're in Dublin.

Warm Regards,

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in dozens of hotels in Dublin but never the Schoolhouse Hotel.

I needed to stay overnight in that area last Friday night and selected the Schoolhouse over its neighbours based on its over all price, location, parking etc....

I've previously been in the bar of the Schoolhouse so had an idea of what to expect. .. once I checked in and got to the room I realised my expectations were way too low. This is a gem of a hotel!

Everything is "quaint"... from the huge old style room key to the home style feel of the bedrooms.

We had dinner and breakfast there and can say the food is very good. The bar attacts a nice mix of people with live music and the blazing fire bringing in that final touch that reminds you it's a great Irish hotel.

My only regret is not staying here years ago because I wouldn't have bothered going anywhere else over the last few years.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Mr. Quinn,

Thank you so much for your recent review. I am delighted to hear that your first experience with us at The Schoolhouse Hotel was such an enjoyable one. We hope it was the first of many to come.

Kindest Regards,

Letterkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We have stayed at the Schoolhouse hotel several times and have always enjoyed our stay. The hotel is small with 32 rooms. We always request a room at the rear of the hotel as the ones facing the road can be a little noisy, due to traffic. The rooms are a good size, but we thought the furniture could be updated as it is looking a bit tired. Rooms are very clean and there is a quirky shower in the bathroom, but it worked very well. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The location is safe and excellent, offering a pleasant walk into town. We dined in the hotel restaurant and their set meal was very good value. The bar is very nice and the bar food is also very tasty. The particular reason for staying at this hotel is the uniqueness of the building itself, an old schoolhouse. We will certainly return for another visit, but I do wish management would freshen up all paintwork and wallpaper in the corridors

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Donegaljam,

Thank you for your lovely review. It is great to hear that you have been with us on a number of occasions and enjoy the service and facilities we provide. We will certainly take on board all of your comments in relation to the interior up keep. We hope to welcome you back to The Schoolhouse Hotel again some time in the future.

Warmest Regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Rooms were lovely and cosy, shower had brilliant pressure.
Breakfast on first day was excellent. The whole restaurant experience was a disaster. Myself and my partner were placed beside the window and we could feel a very cold breeze through the whole meal.
We found the dinner very unsatisfactory from start to finish. The terrine had absolutely no flavour, the pork belly( big pork chop) was over cooked on one side and not cooked enough(pink juices) on the other side. The brulee was the wrong texture and when I was only a few mouthfulls into it I started to get a greasy butter taste.. In the end we headed into town and ate in there. The restauraunt did not live up to its 4 stars. I will come back for the hotel its self but not for the food.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Schoolhouse Hotel? Share your experiences!