Sent from my iPad
Begin forwarded message:
I raised a complaint with your night manager, then your receptionist and was promiseWether hotel would call or contact me Monday. We stayed in rooms 326 and 328.
I was treating my godmother of 80 to a night away, in the hotel where she taught many years ago.
It was the most awful night I have ever had in a hotel, and whilst the beds were beautifully comfortable and we got off to sleep nicely at 10 pm, we were awoken later guests shouting, laughing, knocking things over in their room. The noise was not general laughter but raucous noise which echoed through the rooms and the bumping noise of furniture in the room next to me 329 prevented getting back to sleep. Then around 1.15am someone ran up and down the corridor shouting where's Clare. They then knocked on doors still shouting, so I got up and opened the door, to find a young lady in a fawn dress and stockinged feet running back down the corridor. I asked her to be quiet and go back to her room, to which she shouted back "Fxxx xxx" I called reception and asked your night manager to come up and deal with them, which he did and I told him what had been happening.
The point I would make is that he had done nothing about the noise and so evidently was not patrolling the hotel to check on guests as the noise would have been evident. After he went back downstairs the noise continued at a slightly lower level in the room, but it did not stop for some further 40 minutes. Whilst at least it was not in the corridor, it was next door to me and the bumping of furniture continued.
Next morning at 8.30 I reported this to your receptionist and asked to speak to the manager as I wanted to make a complaint. She said there was no one on duty, which is terrible for a hotel not to have any management available at a busy weekend. She said she would report it and that the night manager had told her.
1. The situation should not have happened if the night manager was doing his job and checking the hotel areas properly
2. The night manager was ineffective in getting the room to quieten down sufficiently although he managed to get them to stop running up and down and shouting.
3. We were woken up, had very interrupted sleep and could not get back to sleep easily being not only awake but upset by the girl and the lack of handling of the situation at your end.
4. As a result we were exhausted the next day, and I even managed to lock myself out of my room I was so tired.
5. The receptionist had no one senior or any management on call on to take my complaint, and I left having paid the bill for a lack of sleep in what is supposed to be a reputable boutique hotel.
6. I was told I would be contacted and it is now Tuesday, 2 days after the event and I have received no email or call to resolve my complaint and redress the situation.
Do not stay here if you need your sleep
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
November 2, 2012
Report response as inappropriate
Firstly I would like to thank you for your feedback, I take all feedback on board as we constantly provide regular training to the team to assist in improving the service which we provide. As we have been in contact numerous times this week I won't respond in great detail online.
Again I am genuinely sorry for any inconvenience caused during your stay. As mentioned already we did unfortunately have a very confused guest with us who became disorientated during the night. Once the night porter confirmed the room number of this guest, she was assisted back to her room. I can assure you that this is an isolated incident as The Schoolhouse is always very peaceful and charming.
Following on from my correspondance with yourself I am aware that you are now satisified with the resolution. I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Schoolhouse where I am sure we can restore your faith in us.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.