Sent from my iPad
Begin forwarded message:
I raised a complaint with your night manager, then your receptionist and was promiseWether hotel would call or contact me Monday. We stayed in rooms 326 and 328.
I was treating my godmother of 80 to a night away, in the hotel where she taught many years ago.
It was the most awful night I have ever had in a hotel, and whilst the beds were beautifully comfortable and we got off to sleep nicely at 10 pm, we were awoken later guests shouting, laughing, knocking things over in their room. The noise was not general laughter but raucous noise which echoed through the rooms and the bumping noise of furniture in the room next to me 329 prevented getting back to sleep. Then around 1.15am someone ran up and down the corridor shouting where's Clare. They then knocked on doors still shouting, so I got up and opened the door, to find a young lady in a fawn dress and stockinged feet running back down the corridor. I asked her to be quiet and go back to her room, to which she shouted back "Fxxx xxx" I called reception and asked your night manager to come up and deal with them, which he did and I told him what had been happening.
The point I would make is that he had done nothing about the noise and so evidently was not patrolling the hotel to check on guests as the noise would have been evident. After he went back downstairs the noise continued at a slightly lower level in the room, but it did not stop for some further 40 minutes. Whilst at least it was not in the corridor, it was next door to me and the bumping of furniture continued.
Next morning at 8.30 I reported this to your receptionist and asked to speak to the manager as I wanted to make a complaint. She said there was no one on duty, which is terrible for a hotel not to have any management available at a busy weekend. She said she would report it and that the night manager had told her.
1. The situation should not have happened if the night manager was doing his job and checking the hotel areas properly
2. The night manager was ineffective in getting the room to quieten down sufficiently although he managed to get them to stop running up and down and shouting.
3. We were woken up, had very interrupted sleep and could not get back to sleep easily being not only awake but upset by the girl and the lack of handling of the situation at your end.
4. As a result we were exhausted the next day, and I even managed to lock myself out of my room I was so tired.
5. The receptionist had no one senior or any management on call on to take my complaint, and I left having paid the bill for a lack of sleep in what is supposed to be a reputable boutique hotel.
6. I was told I would be contacted and it is now Tuesday, 2 days after the event and I have received no email or call to resolve my complaint and redress the situation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a class of its own... For those seeking somewhere truly different in Dublin, The Schoolhouse Hotel Ballsbridge is definitely ahead of its class, one of the leading D4 hotels. Unique, intimate and ideally located, the four star Schoolhouse Hotel in Ballsbridge Dublin 4 exudes a warm and friendly atmosphere. Described as a hidden gem in Dublin city this D4 hotel is located just 10 minutes walk from many of Dublin's main visitor attractions: the fashionable area of Grafton Street, Trinity College, Temple Bar, St. Stephen's Green, The National Museum, The R.D.S and Landsdowne / Aviva Stadium. Boasting luxury d4 hotel accommodation in Ballsbridge, each of our rooms have Super King Size Double Beds or Deluxe Twin Single Beds and include a host of luxury extras such as Full Irish breakfast in the comfort of your room or at The Restaurant in The Schoolhouse, on site Car Parking, Mineral Water, Tea, Coffee & Cookies, Movies, Email & Internet on your plasma television, Luxury toiletries and a Schoolhouse bathrobe on request. As one of the best Ballsbridge hotels Ireland has to offer you will be in a haven of luxury at the Schoolhouse Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Schoolhouse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Schoolhouse Hotel Dublin