“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Number 31

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dublin
Number 31
You added Number 31 to your Saves list
31 Leeson Close | off Lower Leeson Street, Dublin 2, Ireland   |
Ranked #10 of 174 Hotels in Dublin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Westport, Ireland
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I recently took a trip to Dublin and was lucky enough to have discovered Number 31 on the internet beforehand! A bit hard to find for the taxi driver, but once you step through the large wooden gate/door it's lovely! Beautiful building and the room was very nice, bed was most comfortable bed I have ever slept in bar my own! The breakfast the next morning had to be eaten to be believed! Beautiful berries, cereals and fruits to start then the cooked breakfast. I opted for the eggs benedict on both mornings as it was just delicious. The eggs poached perfectly with amazing hollandaise and a magical little potato cake which was melt in the mouth. I have no doubt that the other options on the menu would have been equally delicious. I found all the staff very genuinely friendly and very welcoming - I would recommend Number 31 wholeheartedly and look forward to when I can next get back to visit!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Everything was perfect, the breakfast was scrumptious, I got a warm welcome, the room was lovely. The staff were very nice. It's a great place to stay as it's located in town which made it easy for me to do some clothes shopping. Also I would recommend this B&B to all of my friends, will stay again.

Stayed November 2013
Carmel, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

The hospitality here was terrific. We showed up early and were welcomed with open arms. Gave us a wonderful hot breakfast even before we checked in. Our room was spotless and spacious and the hosts went out of their way to make us feel at home. We very much enjoyed our stay here and would book here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I sojourned here for one night on a business trip. Was lovely to arrive and be served a nice cup of coffee in the beautiful reception with burning logs. Architecturally impressive, central to all locations and very comfortable rooms with great hot showers. Slightly pricey but definitely worth it!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Tullamore, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My nephew recently completed the Dublin City Marathon and we were fortunate to get two family rooms the night before the marathon and the next night. The proximity of the guesthouse meant my nephew had just to walk out the front door to where the marathon commenced. We waved off our nephew and went back into the guesthouse and had a fantastic breakfast (which kept us going all day) - we were also given take- away coffee/tea to enjoy while we shouted on the runners. The service was truely exceptional both from the owner Noel, the waiting staff and the chef who cooked our gorgeous breakfast, it was very busy but the service was still top class. I would recommend no 31 to all my friends and I will definitely be returning in the not too distant future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

What a find! Yes, I know, I am repeating what other reviewers said, but what can I do? It's true!

This is a gem of a place on so many levels: fabulous design (the super-wow 70s mews/reception/lounge/breakfast area with open fire, the warmly and elegantly modernised Georgian bedrooms, the in-between garden), fabulous service (friendly and confident, not in the least overbearing but genuinely there for you as/when you need it), fabulous breakfast (everything you could possibly want, and all excellent quality), super-dooper comfort and mod cons (those beds!! great bathrooms/shower, free wifi, great storage space for all your stuff, super armchairs...)

Location is very good - just south of centre, in an area of gorgeous Georgian townhouses. Not much to do in immediate surrounding, but a 10 min walk to the glorious St Stephen's green and another 5 to Trinity College, Temple Bar and the river.

The website doesn't do the place justice, you know - it is better than that. And I am kicking myself for forgetting to take pictures of the room... only communal areas.

And all for THOSE prices! I mean, seriously. I am trying to conjure up a reason to go back to Dublin so I can stay there again, even as I write this...

Room Tip: Rooms are in two buildings: the mews and the Georgian townhouse, across the lovely little garden. I...