“Such a Treat” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Kalamazoo
“Such a Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

It was such a treat to stay at Number31. A little difficult to find but we'll worth the effort. We arrived tired after our flight only to find tea and cookies on our arrival. It really hit the spot. Breakfast each morning was wonderful and the company was interesting and varied. All of us visiting Ireland for different reasons. The staff was so helpful answering our many questions, making recommendations and overall we felt like we were home.

Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for three nights and enjoyed three fabulous breakfasts! Decor is lovely and it is clean with large rooms and gorgeous bathrooms. The garden was a little oasis away from the busy city. Nolan the owner and all the staff were friendly and helpful. Enjoyed tea and biscuits upon our arrival. Great location within walking distance of grafton street, trinity, the galleries and museums. The Internet access was difficult but didn't detract at all from the overall delight.

• Stayed August 2013
North Shore City, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I chose this guesthouse after reading all the great reviews on Trip Advisor and we found it to be all and more than we anticipated. Our room was lovely, we were thrilled to see there was a fan in the room as we had heard that the warm summer made for an uncomfortable night in establishments without air conditioning. The decor was brilliant, the bed a dream and the breakfasts scrumptious. Nothing was too much trouble for our lovely hosts - they made us feel at home. If we ever return to Dublin we would not contemplate staying anywhere else. Location brilliant, easy to walk to most attractions and very close to some lovely restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had a wonderful time in Dublin, made all the better by how lovely and relaxed our stay was at Number 31! The location is great - within walking distance of most Dublin attractions. The service is wonderful, breakfast delicious, and the rooms so interesting with a mix of old and new features. Would love to return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We arrived early at the hotel and were warmly welcomed and invited to breakfast. When finished, our room was ready for us. Noel gave us wonderful tips on what to do and see. We followed much of his advice and were never disappointed. Everyone has different expectations but this was perfect for us. We love the charm and personal attention. Bathroom could have been bigger but oh well. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Darwin, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We all have varying senses of what we want, what we need, what we get and how satisfying that all is. Personal choice and personal satisfaction. It is hard to tell someone what they should like. We arrived at Number 31 after 20 hours of overnight travel from Australia. We were greeted by Noel and taken straight to a late breakfast of sumptuous proportion, quality and taste, prior to checking into our room. The room was spacious tasteful and extemely comfortable. The hotel is located within walking distance of interesting neighbourhood things plus easy distance to central Dublin highlights. Staff were helpful, charming and caring. This is what we wanted, what was needed and what was delivered. Could not have been more satisfied. Thank you again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Tarsus, Turkey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Having traveled all summer, I decided to treat myself to a nicer hotel at Number 31. I was looking forward to my stay, but I was extremely disappointed. The hotel itself is finely furnished, and I'm sure a lot of money went into the decor. However, the location, the food, and the service fell far from my expectations.

Number 31 is difficult to find and while it is close to Stephen's Green, it is certainly a walk to the rest of the attractions in the city. Finally, I was in the building detached from the main entrance. Little did I know that the street my window faced is quite busy all night long. I heard foot traffic until 3:00am -- mostly drunken shenanigans -- both Friday and Saturday night.

Again, based on reviews, I was looking forward to a hearty breakfast; I was sorely disappointed. The supposedly delicious cranberry nut loaf was dried out, and the fruit selection was overripe.

For my three nights there, only one staff member introduced himself, and while he did carry my luggage up the four flights of stairs when I checked in, no one offered to help me with my luggage upon check out. When I scheduled a wake up call, it appeared to be an inconvenience, and when the call came at 6:00am, the caller simply hung up. No good morning or acknowledgment.

I think Number 31 has great potential as a boutique hotel, but I was disappointed, and I hope others will be able to save some money and choose another place to stay in Dublin.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Number 31? Share your experiences!