I was going to give a better rating for this hotel, but unfortunately it just isn't a good return for the money. We were charged 110 Euros for two people in a double room for one night. Not bad, right? The actual location itself is gorgeous, very clean and well-maintained, and when the staff are actually there, they're very friendly and helpful. This is where my positive section of this review ends.
- Running a hotel with no night time staff is DANGEROUS. The place could have been broken into (very easy from my ground-floor room), there could have been an emergency situation, etc. I've become friends with another person who stayed the same night and had to call the "emergency number" that conveniently didn't work that night for her. Very irresponsible and bad business practice!
- You can hear everything going on outside the room. The walls are paper-thin, and our ground-floor room allowed us free reign to listen to the recycling bins being emptied on Sunday morning at 7am. This equals very loud crashing noises RIGHT outside the window.
- The actual room itself is not well-heated. The blankets on the bed are thin, almost like full-sized throw blankets. I gave the spare blanket to my friend who slept on the sofa bed (which was apparently incredibly uncomfortable) so I woke up several times from being cold. It might be different in the summer time, but one radiator for a high-ceilinged, open room is not enough.
- The shower's water pressure is abysmal, and the taps themselves make almost grinding-like noises when you turn the water on.
- This may be pedantic, but I find it really dodgy that the sign for the hotel has 8 stars underneath it. Obviously it is just decoration, but this could be misleading for people who don't understand the system of star ratings for accommodations. The actual rating is 3 stars - which is too generous.
TL;DR: DO NOT STAY HERE. The building is pretty, but it's unsafe and NOT WORTH THE PRICE. You're better off staying in a crappy hostel than this "luxury hotel".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique Georgian Hotel in the Heart of DublinSituated in the heart of Dublin's business district & cultural quarter, near Trinity College, this family-owned elegant guesthouse offers luxury en-suite accommodation in an authentic Georgian townhouse. Rich in character, Trinity Lodge is one of the finest examples of Georgian-period accommodation available in the center of Dublin and is comprised of 3 beautifully restored original Georgian houses .The Lodge is a splendid craft of Georgian elegance and contemporary style& comfort .Perfect for business and leisure travelers alike Trinity Lodge has a unrivaled location as Grafton Street, Temple Bar, O'Connell Street, the city's museums and theaters are just a few steps away. Aviva Stadium, RDS, Grand Canal Theatre, IFSC, Dublin Convention Centre, The O2 Arena, Croke Park, Gaiety Theatre, National Concert Hall are all within easy reach. Stephen's Green Park, Christchurch and Saint Patrick's Cathedrals, National Gallery of Ireland, Leinster House, Dublin Castle, National Library of Ireland, Iveagh Gardens, James Joyce Museum are all located within walking distance from us ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Trinity Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trinity Hotel Dublin