“Brilliant little hotel but don't tell your friends” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wynn's Hotel

Save Saved
You added Wynn's Hotel to your Saves list
Wynn's Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35-39 Lwr Abbey Street, Dublin D1, Ireland (North City Centre)   |
Ranked #42 of 177 hotels in Dublin
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Brilliant little hotel but don't tell your friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Location is fantastic, the staff are excellent, free parking and a cracking breakfast.
the rooms are lovely and very clean but beware the shower if your waist is more than 36" as it is a bit of a tight squeeze and manoeuvring once inside is an art.
I cannot recommend this hotel enough and will return. The noise from the street trams can be a nuisance if you have a room at the front. the bar is reasonably priced and the bar staff are friendly. Great hotel highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

626 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have being dining and staying at this hotel for the past 26 years. I had dinner today and for the first time felt it needs the Brennan Brothers advice. I was there at about 1.30pm and was on average 20 years younger than the rest of the clientel. What happens to Wynnes when they depart this earth? The staff are excellent but the place needs cheering up. I love the Dubliners and its ethos isgreat

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Julie4Dublin, Manager at Wynn's Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
I want to thank you for your recent comments on Tripadvisor. It is always great to hear from a long standing guest of Wynn's Hotel. As you are probably aware Wynn's first opened its doors in 1845 and from this time we have welcomed an array of fascinating characters with no age limits applicable. We are part of a listed building full of History and Charm and I suppose that draws a particular type of clientel, old and new. We feel this works for us as many modern hotels have come and gone over the last few years, much to the detriment of our economy. Our staff are very important to us and as you have kindly mentioned offer excellant service therefore we have a duty to ensure that we continue with what we know best and make sure Wynn's will be around for another 168 years. One thing we can all be certain of is none of us are getting any younger so hopefully this will secure the future clientel of Wynn's Hotel. Looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

kind regards

Guest Relations.
Utrecht
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I spent only one night in the Wynns for a very short stay in Dublin, buit it was a pleasant enough stay. If you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel in the heart of Dublin with the necessary services -that is, clean, enjoyable room with good bed, TV/telephone, internet, lift, clean bathroom, toiletries, coffee in the room and breakfast included- this is your hotel. Even if I didnt use the gym they do have it. This is what I was looking for and I got it.

I will tell you what could be improved: the gym access is under notice, so you have to tell them you intend to use it before getting access. The room serves its purpose but it is old, could be renewed a bit. The TV is flat screen but has only 15 channels, and not very good ones, 2 of them news, one radio and some shopping channels. Coffee is drinkable but instant... toiletries are middle quality, ok. Breakfast is good, not the most variated but good quality of food. Maybe the one thing of breakfast that goes toward below is their coffee, but the rest is yummy.

The one con I actually found was their receptionist. I arrived to checkin with a colleague that chose another hotel, and when she saw me with her she inmediately remarked: "this room is only for one person, no more are allowed there". That was so rude. I am not used to impertinent remarks like these when I get into a hotel, more than offended I felt shame for her and even if I needed assistance during my stay, I didnt want to contact reception at all. The fact that she thought someone like me neede to cheat somebody else in is the one thing -but meaningful one- to make me think I was in a hotel of less quality than I deserved.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floors rooms, the noise is less during the night.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Madam,

We are delighted you found what you were looking for when you stayed with us at Wynn's.
We will take under consideration your remarks regarding our gym, there is an age restriction on the use of the gym, over 18's, and that is the reason you check with front desk for access.
The complimentary tea/coffee service in all our rooms are instant sachets for convenience but room service can bring an array of coffee from our lounge downstairs. After careful consideration we have decided to replace our coffee that is served for breakfast in our Restaurant and we do hope it meets everyones standards.
Please accept our apoligies if you found our receptionists remarks rude this is defintely unacceptable. We have spoken to our check-in staff regarding this matter and not to take from how you felt, but it may have been a little lost in translation situation. The member of staff in question assures me that she wanted to make sure the room was for single occupancy to avoid giving a room too small to suit your needs. We regret that you felt the need not to contact reception for any assistance during your stay, I just wish you would have contacted one of our managers on duty and we would have cleared this matter up immediately.

Kind regards
Manager
Wynn's Hotel
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

A wee bit late reviewing, as my latest stay here was over Christmas.

What can I say? - Excellent as always, hot mulled wine reception on Christmas evening, transport to mass on Christmas morning if needed, Excellent food as usual, entertainment in the afternoon and trip to Leopardstown races on St. Stephens day if wanted.

The staff cannot be helpful enough, and the Hotel itself was, as usual pristine.

If you've nothing on next Christmas - this is well worth a look - see you there in December???

Room Tip: Higher floors avoid any possible noise from function suites
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Our hill-walking club returns here year after year for our annual lunch party not merely because of its central location but because the staff are courteous, helpful and efficient; nothing ever seems to be too much trouble. This year was just the same and the food was, if anything, better than ever, especially the beef!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Me, my partner and our 11 month old daughter stayed for 3 nights. When booking we requested a cot in the room, this was all set up and ready when we arrived, the staff were very friendly and helpful and we couldn't believe how quickly all our requests were met. The location is fantastic, 30 yards away just off the Liffey and maybe 200 yards from Temple bar. O'Connell Street is literally around the corner for shopping and the theatre. All in all would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
Mullingar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Wynns is a brilliant hotel. It is one of the older hotels in Dublin and as such is full of old world charm. From the moment you arrive in reception, where you are greeted with warmth and courtesy, to the waiting staff and housekeeping nothing was too much trouble. The room was very comfortable and as I had requested a quite room they were able to accommodate me. Also included was a delicious breakfast. I would consider Wynns Hotel to be great value for money from its central location - just a stones throw from O'Connell Street and a ten minute walk from Trinity College and the museums.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Wynn's Hotel? Share your experiences!