“Good enough.. 3+” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Wynn's Hotel to your Saves list
CheapTickets.com Booking.com
Wynn's Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35-39 Lwr Abbey Street, Dublin D1, Ireland (North City Centre)   |
Ranked #44 of 178 hotels in Dublin
Utrecht
“Good enough.. 3+”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I spent only one night in the Wynns for a very short stay in Dublin, buit it was a pleasant enough stay. If you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel in the heart of Dublin with the necessary services -that is, clean, enjoyable room with good bed, TV/telephone, internet, lift, clean bathroom, toiletries, coffee in the room and breakfast included- this is your hotel. Even if I didnt use the gym they do have it. This is what I was looking for and I got it.

I will tell you what could be improved: the gym access is under notice, so you have to tell them you intend to use it before getting access. The room serves its purpose but it is old, could be renewed a bit. The TV is flat screen but has only 15 channels, and not very good ones, 2 of them news, one radio and some shopping channels. Coffee is drinkable but instant... toiletries are middle quality, ok. Breakfast is good, not the most variated but good quality of food. Maybe the one thing of breakfast that goes toward below is their coffee, but the rest is yummy.

The one con I actually found was their receptionist. I arrived to checkin with a colleague that chose another hotel, and when she saw me with her she inmediately remarked: "this room is only for one person, no more are allowed there". That was so rude. I am not used to impertinent remarks like these when I get into a hotel, more than offended I felt shame for her and even if I needed assistance during my stay, I didnt want to contact reception at all. The fact that she thought someone like me neede to cheat somebody else in is the one thing -but meaningful one- to make me think I was in a hotel of less quality than I deserved.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floors rooms, the noise is less during the night.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Julie4Dublin, Manager at Wynn's Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Madam,

We are delighted you found what you were looking for when you stayed with us at Wynn's.
We will take under consideration your remarks regarding our gym, there is an age restriction on the use of the gym, over 18's, and that is the reason you check with front desk for access.
The complimentary tea/coffee service in all our rooms are instant sachets for convenience but room service can bring an array of coffee from our lounge downstairs. After careful consideration we have decided to replace our coffee that is served for breakfast in our Restaurant and we do hope it meets everyones standards.
Please accept our apoligies if you found our receptionists remarks rude this is defintely unacceptable. We have spoken to our check-in staff regarding this matter and not to take from how you felt, but it may have been a little lost in translation situation. The member of staff in question assures me that she wanted to make sure the room was for single occupancy to avoid giving a room too small to suit your needs. We regret that you felt the need not to contact reception for any assistance during your stay, I just wish you would have contacted one of our managers on duty and we would have cleared this matter up immediately.

Kind regards
Manager
Wynn's Hotel

565 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

A wee bit late reviewing, as my latest stay here was over Christmas.

What can I say? - Excellent as always, hot mulled wine reception on Christmas evening, transport to mass on Christmas morning if needed, Excellent food as usual, entertainment in the afternoon and trip to Leopardstown races on St. Stephens day if wanted.

The staff cannot be helpful enough, and the Hotel itself was, as usual pristine.

If you've nothing on next Christmas - this is well worth a look - see you there in December???

Room Tip: Higher floors avoid any possible noise from function suites
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Our hill-walking club returns here year after year for our annual lunch party not merely because of its central location but because the staff are courteous, helpful and efficient; nothing ever seems to be too much trouble. This year was just the same and the food was, if anything, better than ever, especially the beef!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Me, my partner and our 11 month old daughter stayed for 3 nights. When booking we requested a cot in the room, this was all set up and ready when we arrived, the staff were very friendly and helpful and we couldn't believe how quickly all our requests were met. The location is fantastic, 30 yards away just off the Liffey and maybe 200 yards from Temple bar. O'Connell Street is literally around the corner for shopping and the theatre. All in all would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
Mullingar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Wynns is a brilliant hotel. It is one of the older hotels in Dublin and as such is full of old world charm. From the moment you arrive in reception, where you are greeted with warmth and courtesy, to the waiting staff and housekeeping nothing was too much trouble. The room was very comfortable and as I had requested a quite room they were able to accommodate me. Also included was a delicious breakfast. I would consider Wynns Hotel to be great value for money from its central location - just a stones throw from O'Connell Street and a ten minute walk from Trinity College and the museums.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Carrickmacross, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is the location, just off O'Connell St and with the LUAS tram right outside the door. The staff are friendly and helpful and there is a great little old school bar. Downsides- rooms are a bit small (but thats to be expected in the city centre) and a bit old fashioned but I'm still in my 20's so like the more modern look. The food in the restaurant was sub standard- you really shouldn't be serving up bottled sweet chili sauce with lemon sole. I might not book again but that's more about my own personal taste.

Room Tip: Busy street/tram at front of hotel so request a room at the back if you want a peaceful sleep.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Didcot
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I flew from UK, and stayed here two nights for long-sought visit to the city and the Abbey Theatre, almost next door. My purpose was met more than adequately, with a clean and comfortable room (double at singles rate), and an excellent if rather noisy breakfast. Be warned that, like other hotels, they do not serve after-theatre meals. That situation is easily remedied by a short taxi-ride across the Liffey. O'Connell Street, with its large shops, is just around the corner

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Wynn's Hotel? Share your experiences!