“Comfortable and Friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chipping Norton, United Kingdom
“Comfortable and Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Stayed here for one night on business. Chose it because of location close to client's offices.
The hotel was a fairly typical international hotel - nice, but not a huge amount of character. However, the staff were very friendly and welcoming, and the room was clean and comfortable. Not a perfect location for the centre of town, but very close to the tram. The Guinness was pretty good too...
Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you for your comments about your stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was delighted to hear that you found our staff welcoming and our rooms clean and comfortable. I would be delighted to welcome you back to us again in the future.

Alan Moody

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
  • Polish first
Foxford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

my family and i stayed in the ashling in November for my sisters graduation. we had a 3 person room and my parents had a double room. the staff were really helpful with setting up a taxi to take us to the RDS early in the morning. the breakfast was amazing lots of choice, we also had dinner in the restaurant which was very affordable. the location is great for shopping a short walk to the luas stop.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Thank you for this lovely review of the Ashling Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed everything about your stay, and that the graduation was a success. I would be over the moon to welcome you back to us in the future, if you are ever back in Dublin.

Kindest Regards
Chester-le-street durham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

we found this hotel on the recommendations on trip advisor and we were very pleased we did.
The hotel was well worth the money and staff were extremely friendly and professional.
The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable, only down side no fridge.
we were very impressed with the range on offer for breakfast and the quality was excellent.
After breakfast we just had a lovely walk into the city centre along the river liffey, 20 mins later we were in the centre of town. Great all round. Would recommend you visit the pub 5 mins walk called ryans bar, say hi to daniel the young barman, who was so friendly.
Try and get the local bus from the hotel to the airport only 6 euros single or 10 euros return as taxis are a rip off.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for this lovely review of the Ashling Hotel. I was so pleased to read all of your comments and to hear that you found our staff friendly, and the rooms clean and comfortable. I would be delighted to welcome you back to us if you are ever back in Dublin.

Plainview, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Clean, comfortable room with plenty of hot water in the shower. Very quiet. Located across the street from the bus to the airport, buses to take you all over the city and the LUAS. Pleasant staff. Very good value for the money.

Room Tip: We faced the back of the hotel and the room was very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for this lovely review about your stay at the Ashling. I was delighted to read all of your comments and especially pleased to hear that you found it good value for your money. I would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel if you are ever back in Dublin.

Punta Gorda, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is frequently used by tour packagers. For people who have traveled that way, the Ashling will be a very pleasant surprise. It's modern, clean and efficient...and the included breakfast will please most western travellers, with beans for the Brits, herring for the Scandinavians and plenty of pork for the Germans. The front desk was helpful, and the rooms were comfortable. Dublin's tourist attractions are located in a fairly confined area, and are well served by two competing "hop on, hop off" companies-- red and green. We were pleased with the "red," but the "green" seemed to cover the same ground. Tourist can buy tickets for the "red" at the hotel desk, and are told how to walk to stop #20 to board. If walking is a problem, ask instead for directions to stop #18-- it's just across the street from the hotel, and less than a block away.

Stayed November 2013
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for this lovely review of the Ashling Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our breakfast and found your room comfortable. I was also pleased to hear that you found our location suitable for seeing Dublin's attractions. I would be delighted to welcome you back to us if you are ever back in Dublin.

Ayr, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stayed here for one night only and enjoyed all the facilities of the hotel. Restaurant and bar were tastefully decorated, as were the rooms.
We had a lovely view over the park at the front of the hotel, yet noise from the street was minimal.
Enjoyed an evening meal and breakfast here, and yet again, no complaints.
During our stay we used taxis to travel in and out of town. We met a lovely driver called Dinny, who looked after us, got us where we wanted to go with no hassle and made sure we made it to the airport on time! He is an absolute credit to the hotel. He went out of his way to look after us and make sure we stayed safe during our visit.
Top marks!!

Room Tip: 354 is a lovely twin room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Thank you for this lovely review of the Ashling Hotel. I was so pleased to hear that you enjoyed everything about your stay. I will make sure Dinny sees this review, and I am sure he will appreciate it. I would be delighted to welcome you back to us, if you are ever back in Dublin.

Harlingen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

My husband and I were on vacation in Dublin when he suddenly became very ill. I stayed at the Ashling while he was hospitalized in St. James's. On checking in, when the front desk clerk became aware of my circumstances, she showed great concern and gave me vouchers for breakfast in the hotel. The buffet breakfast was excellent and the wait staff were always present. LUIS tram right outside front door. Beautiful clean room, very spacious. Had the good fortune to encounter their resident taxi driver, Dinny. He had me smiling and laughing from the time I got in his vehicle until I got out. Quite a character. Very funny and charming. When leaving Ashling, turn left and immediately beside the hotel is a small bar which is welcoming and friendly. Sorry, but I can't recall the name. I went in for a glass of wine after returning from the hospital and when they heard about my husband, they sold me a bottle of wine for my room (not expensive) wrapped up a wine glass for me and threw in a couple of bags of "crisps". And they would not even think of me giving them a tip. Awesome. So very friendly and caring. Can't say enough about the lovely people at the Ashling, the little bar and Dinny.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for this wonderful review about your unexpected stay at the Ashling. I will make sure Dinny sees this review, and I will also call into the Millennium bar next door with a copy for them. I am so pleased to hear that whether it was from us, Dinny, or the barmen next door in the Millennium, your stay was made special and welcoming. I hope your husband is feeling better, and I would be delighted to welcome you back to us, if you are ever back in Dublin.

Alan Moody

Been to Ashling Hotel? Share your experiences!