“First stop in Ireland” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 177 hotels in Dublin
Barrie, Canada
“First stop in Ireland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Very nice hotel - booked three rooms for family trip - nice rooms - friendly and helpful staff - good breakfast buffet -convenient to Heuston station and Lucas stop - walking distance to Guinness experience - great pub just up the road for food and atmosphere Ryans - Would definitely stay again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for your lovely comments about your stay in the Ashling Hotel. I was pleased to read that your first stop on your tour was very successful, and that you would definitely stay again. It was also lovely to read that you enjoyed our breakfast and found our staff helpful. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Ireland.

1,848 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
  • Polish first
Kilkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We are regular visitors to the hotel, have stayed 20+ times and will return again.Great location right beside heuston station and luas stop.Breakfast always excellent,have favored the bar food over the restaurant but again cant complain.Have only had one issue in all the times Ive spent here but wont cry over spilt milk. Special thanks to all the bar staff in the hotel they really know how to look after people.

Room Tip: king size beds are NOT king size save money book a twin or double
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for this wonderful review of the Ashling Hotel. To have stayed 20+ times and to still love it, is fantastic. It was lovely to read your special thanks to our staff, as they put in a great deal of hard work to ensure we are providing quality customer service, at all times. I will be delighted to see you again soon.

Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was our first stop in Ireland on our tour after getting off the plane. Very nice hotel, friendly hotel (they let me borrow a power adapter rather than paying for one). The planned food was good and the room was suite size.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments about your stay with us. I was so pleased to hear that we were a good starting point for your tour. I would be delighted to welcome you back to us again in the future, if you are ever back in Dublin.

Golden, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We drove here and parked in their garage (thankful it is on-site). It is a tight space, but fine if you don't hurry. Our room was fine, no complaints. WiFi wasn't great, but worked ok. Breakfast was fine - quite a few choices. Really nothing great or bad, worked well for our night. We walked to dinner and walked down the street to the museum.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for your comments about your stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was pleased to hear that your stay was pleasant, and would be delighted if you could join us again in the future.

Moosup, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed here as part of a tour group(10/9+10/10). Small rooms;updated bathroom. North of river Liffey, next to Collins Barrack/National Museum. Short walk to Phoenix Park and Dublin Zoo.Jamesons and 1 3/4 miles to St Stephen's Green. Caution advised if walking after dark Extensive breakfast buffet in Iveagh Dining room for many tour groups. Hot selections were barely warm

Room Tip: As Luas tracks are within 2 feet of hotel, ask for side or rear facing room. Trains runto past midn...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. It is unfortunate to read that you felt the accommodation was basic, but I appreciate your honesty. I was so glad to read however, that you found our location good for the Phoenix Park, and other tourist attractions. I was also pleased to read your comments about our breakfast. I would be delighted to welcome you back to us, if you are ever back in Dublin.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I just returned from a one night stay in this hotel and decided to read the bad reviews before writing this. The bad reviews must be about a different hotel because my experience here bore no similarities with any of them. This was my third time staying here this year. On every occasion I have found everything about this hotel to be wonderful. The staff are all extremely pleasant and friendly and the staff in the bar and restaurant couldn't be more friendly. The staff in the bar seemed to be in great form and I noticed how well they interacted with each other, joking at times which to me made the hotel seem like a happy place to work!!
I was asked at reception if I had stayed before and I said I had. Without anything being said my room was upgraded. A very nice touch! I decided to eat in the bar and the food was excellent as always. The breakfast is incredible and the last time I was there I noticed people actually came in just to have breakfast!! No more needs to said if it can attract people who aren't guests!! Once again I cannot see how there could be any bad reviews at all unless there was an entire change of staff, food, bedrooms, electrics, wifi etc!

I will be back and would recommend this highly! Thanks to all concerned.

Stayed October 2013
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Thank you so much for this lovely review of the Ashling Hotel. I was so pleased to read all of your comments and truly appreciate them. I am so glad to hear your experiences have always been positive, and I would be delighted to welcome you back to us.

Zebbug, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed at the Ashling for 2nights in July 2013 after visiting Belfast. When we arrived at the hotel, the receptionist welcomed us warmingly and also said she loved our country (Malta) which made me feel more welcome. The room was really nice and spacious with a nice view of the garden in front of the hotel. The hotel is literally a walking distance to Jameson Distillery, Guinness Storehouse and right next to an interesting museum. Right next to the hotel are a really good steak restaurant and a fun pub (Eamonn Rea's) with really friendly people. The breakfast food was delicious and there is a lot of choice from where to choose.

Something which we didn't use but might be really useful for other people is the laundry service. For a charge, the hotel offers to clean any clothing you want.

Overall it was a fantastic experience, both in Dublin and at the Ashling Hotel. Really recommend it to other visitors.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for this lovely review of the Ashling Hotel. It was really nice to read all of your comments, and I was especially glad to hear you received great customer service from our staff. If you are ever back in Dublin, I would be delighted to welcome you back to us.

Alan Moody

Been to Ashling Hotel? Share your experiences!