“Food to Suit” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sligo, Ireland
“Food to Suit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have stayed in the Ashling before with my colleague Mary Darlington who knows Alan Moody from this and other hotels in the past. Sometimes for business and this time for hospital check up and also to attend bloom. All experiences there have been good but this time I have to commend Alan on the food in the restaurant with the variety to suit every diet. I was amazed as I am on my own new healthy diet and everything I could ask for was there, from the breakfast to the evening meal. Even a green healthy smothie at breakfast tasted great. Did not get all staff names but well done Maria, Aisling, Aniko in the restaurant and Kate at reception. If you are coming to Dublin and want a choice of healthy food it is there in abundance. At bloom Mary discovered her mobile phone was lost, but on return to hotel the taxi driver think his name was Laurence from Express Taxis had left it back in the hotel for her. We had booked the taxi from the hotel and again well done.

Room Tip: Always ask for quiet room or near a lift and they will sort it out for you.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Ashling Hotel from your recent stay with us. We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and hopefully you enjoyed Bloom too. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Ashling on your next visit to Dublin.

ASHLING HOTEL DUBLIN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We were given a choice of front facing or rear facing room. It was great to be given a choice. We chose the front. Excellent views out to the Wicklow mountains, but there was some traffic noise. If you are used to traffic noise and it doesn't bother you, a front facing room is great. If it's peace and quiet you want choose a rear room. Room was very spacious with a massive comfortable bed. Hairdryer was dodgy a bit like ones in a public swimming pool changing room. If you need to blow dry your hair take your own. Food was superb and excellent value and quality. Service in the main restaurant was great but a minor niggle was the slow service in the bar. The bus from the airport drops off just across the road and the tram stop is just a few metres walk away. Tram is cheap and a great way to get into the city.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for your review from your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel Dublin. We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and take all comments on board. We hope to welcome you back to the Ashling in the near future.

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Ashling Hotel last week for 3 days. We have stayed in the Ashling before and brought friends from abroad over for a stay as well. We were early for check in and the room was not ready but that was no bother to the reception staff or us.The staff greeted us warmly, checked us in and told us we could leave our bags in the storage room safely while we went up town. We spent a few hours up in the city having travelled there on the Luas which is conveniently located across from the hotel (return standard ticket to Central 1 of the city is €3.10 per person). On our return the room was ready and was comfortable and spacious. The safe was placed on the dressing table making it easy to work with. We ate in the restaurant one night and were very pleased with the choice,presentation and quality of food. We ate in the bar and had drinks in the bar and again enjoyed the atmosphere, service and friendliness of staff. The following facilities are available: Ice making machine available on the second floor. WIFI in public areas(free), two computer terminals available outside the bar,vending machine near the bar for water, snacks and emergency overnight kit. Parking is available at no exctra cost. Breakfast offers plenty of choice and one can feel ready for a full day's touring after the breakfast. On our last day we received some unexpected news which took us by surprise. Having discussed our situation with one of the managers we were looked after with sensitivity and genuine concern and we were offered a late check out which made things easier for us as we had a late flight returning home that evening. We have only good to say about the location, staff, service, food and facilities and we will be returning again. Thank you to all the staff for making our stay so welcome and easy.

Room Tip: Superior Room had air conditioning as against the room we had at the beginning of the trip which had...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review from your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel Dublin. We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us from the location, to our staff, to the service and food and facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Ashling in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed at the ashling hotel recently.I have to say that I was very impressed. On arrival I was greeted at reception by very friendly staff and this was the case with all the staff that I met during my stay.The food in the restaurant in my opinion was second to none much to my delight and very reasonably priced.The bar food was equally good,without the frills and less costly. Last but not least breakfast would suit any taste. I hope that this review is of some help to those who may be on the brink of choice.

Room Tip: upgrade to a superior room.Ice machine located on 2nd floor if required.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review from your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel Dublin. We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Ashling on your next visit to Dublin.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed at The Ashling recently and it is a really good hotel. It has great first impressions with the front reception staff being very helpful, in fact all of the staff were very courteous and helpful during my stay with worthy mention to the breakfast room staff. The hotel is reasonably central without being in the noisy shopping area of the city but either a nice walk along the river or a short tram ride away (conveniently there is a stop 60 secs outside the hotel). I was however left with a bitter taste on leaving, I checked out and all was well, I left me luggage at the hotel while I went about my business, on my return I remembered that I had left something in my room (gifts for my family). There was already another occupant in the room and helpfully the reception informed that anything left in the room is logged and contact is made with the previous occupant, I was ensured that the gifts would be found and returned and then forwarded onto me at the hotels expense, I though this to be excellent customer service especially as it had been my fault in the first place. I was contact the next day to be informed that nothing had been found? To say I was disappointed would be a major understatement and I very much suspect house keeping have got some nice new gifts which is a shame and a detriment to the hotel as I won't be staying there again and will let my other collegues and friends know of my experiences, I work for the company across the road so very much until now a captive market?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us and I was so glad that so much of your stay was so positive. Regarding the incident with your gifts and having spoken to you in person by phone I am glad that we have been able to resolve the matter which I believed stemmed from a simple case of human error. Looking forward to welcoming you back and to meeting you in person on your next visit.

Very Best Wishes,

West Des Moines, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our Railtours Ireland actually booked this hotel in conjunction with our Atlantic Rail Tour. After looking at the website, I booked an additional 2 nights and was not disappointed. The staff was very accommodating to all our needs. We left our large suitcases in the luggage lockup for four days while we were on the rail tour. No extra charges and very secure. The rooms were large, beds comfortable, and bathrooms very nice. Located next to the Heuston Railway station, electric tram and not far away the Guinness Storehouse makes it a good place to get to other attractions. The cafe choices were good for a quick meal.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review from your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel Dublin. We were delighted to read that you had a lovely stay with us at the Ashling and made the most of your time in Dublin by visiting tourist attractions close by and making use of the nearby transport options. We hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Ashling in the not too distant future.

Higham Ferrers, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We have just returned from a 2 nights stay in this lovely hotel, on arrival at the airport, we purchased a 3 day pass with the bus company airlink it was 56 euro's for the 2 tickets, the bus is the 747 and runs just outside the airport, the last stop is across the road from the hotel. This bus pass also allows travel on the hop on hop off tourist bus. Do not take a taxi as I'm told it is expensive ! On arrival at the hotel, our room was not ready but then it does state that check in is from 3pm. We left our bags at the hotels bag storage area. There is an excellent pub along the road from the hotel, the Nancy Hands, the food was very good as well as the guinness ! in fact we ate there twice, sampling both the lunchtime and evening menus, the staff were friendly as well. When we did check in the room was, clean and a good size, my only criticism would be, I reported the toilet seat was broken , sadly it was never fixed. The breakfast was great offering a wide selection of hot and cold food. The bar service was quick considering the hotel was busy. We had some great times, the Guinness Store is close to the hotel, the tour is a little rushed but the guinness in the bar with great views of the city was worth it. The Jameson distillery is also within walking distance of the hotel about 10 minutes, the tour was well worth it as is the sample in the bar after the tour! another good tour is of the jail, this is stop 15 on the tourist bus, (you can get on the tourist hop on hop off bus at stop 18, turn right out of the hotel just near the car sales garage) I took my student ID with me and entered all attractions at a reduced price. Dublin is a city all should visit at least once, the Ashling Hotel provides an excellent base to explore all on offer.

Room Tip: our room was to the back of the hotel, no traffic noise, ice machine on level 2.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review from your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel Dublin. Sorry to learn that the issue you reported wasn't rectified but we were delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Ashling on your next visit to Dublin.

ASHLING HOTEL DUBLIN

Been to Ashling Hotel? Share your experiences!