“Smart, clean and comfy.” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Parkgate Street, Dublin 8, Ireland   |
Ranked #20 of 174 Hotels in Dublin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dundalk, Ireland
“Smart, clean and comfy.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

Stayed here for one night (Jan 6th) while attending a comedy gig and was very impressed with every aspect.

The car park is really handy to access and at 8 euro per day is fantastic value - on-street parking would be astronomical compared to that rate. Got the feeling they could charge more if they chose to but it's a testament to the hotel that they don't.

First impressions in the reception are that it's a sleek and stylish, yet comfortable hotel. They find the balance nicely between modern and cosy and the couches in the bar and reception area are ridiculously comfortable. The staff were very friendly at check-in and prompt in dealing with us. The security in the hotel is excellent. You need your key card to access all corridors and it gave us a reassuring feel.

We stayed in a standard double room. The room was spacious and spotless. The bed was very large and honestly was extremely comfortable. It had six, yes six, pillows on it for anyone who likes to stack them. The room was warm without being stuffy and enjoyed great views over the small park and the Liffey/Heuston Station. With the tram line outside I was worried we'd be kept awake but the ceiling-to-floor glass windows are sound-proofed enough for this not to be a problem.

The bathroom and in particular the shower with it's large rain-shower head were great. Bright, spotless and functional. The heavy doors into each room also ensured we didn't hear a peep during the night or morning from other guests coming or going - although it didn't seem busy and to be honest I had had a few beers after the gig so that probably helped too.

Breakfast the next morning looked fantastic, I say looked because I was worse for wear after said beers and was barely fit but I forced myself a bit because it was so nice. The other 5 members of our party all raved about the breakfast and when I recovered later that evening I'd have given anything to have a second go.

Overall we were absolutely delighted with the hotel although it has to be said we did get a very good deal when compared to the current prices on their site but even at that it's still quite reasonable. Perfect location, spotlessly clean throughout and staff were 100% in the few short dealings we had with them. It's easy to get to regardless of which direction you're coming from as it's right off the quays and with the Luas literally outside the front door you have the freedom too. The 8 euro for overnight parking was the icing on the cake too - very reasonable for Dublin. The other two couples with us both agreed that their rooms and the hotel in general was top notch. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (513)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

I booked this hotel as a Christmas gift to my boyfriend back in October of last year. I found a really good deal via another site,so rung the hotel direct who had no hesitation in matching the deal.
On arrival the reception staff were very helpful and gave a nice and quick service.
Our room was lovely and over looking the front which at night time was a lovely view.
The staff in the bar were also very friendly and couldn't do more to help you to make sure you had a pleasant stay. As were the cleaning staff.
I would for sure recommend this hotel, it's situation is perfect for those who wish to walk to some of the main attractions. We walked to The Guinness Storehouse, Kilmainham Gaol and the Zoo! The hop on hop off tourist bus stop is straight outside the hotel as is one of the tram stops. As a tip from the airport - take the Airlink bus and get off at Heuston station, you can walk across the road to the hotel and only costs €6 instead of €30 in a taxi!!
I will definately be staying here again, needless to say my boyfriend loved his Christmas gift!!

• Stayed January 2012
essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

we stayed in this hotel for a weekend and loved it.It was in a great location as the bus from the airport droped you right over the road and the monorail station was right there aswell so was so easy to get in and out of town with out being in all the noise of staying in middle of center.the rooms were modern and clean and the bed was the most comfy bed i have ever stayed in a hotel.had a great night sleep as hotel was realy quiet.we had a meal in the restaurant which was lovley a little pricey but well worth it.Breakfast was great with loads of choice.staff were all very friendly and helpful.would defo stay again and would recommend highly.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

My family and I stayed for 2 nights in November of 2011 at the Ashling. The hotel has a lot to offer - very nice rooms, great breakfast and a great bar for nightcaps. One of the true benefits of the hotel is a very helpful staff at the front desk - they are knowledgable about the city and where to go and how to get around. I would imagine they are following the lead of the hotel manager - when we first got to the hotel around 8:30 am - the hotel manager greeted us warmly and could not have been more pleasant and helpful. When we checked out he made sure we had taxi service and greeted the driver (whom he knew) with us. I can't say enough about what an asset he is to this hotel - regrettably, I cannot recall his name. Another benefit to this hotel is that it is located about 1 block away from picking up the Tram (Luas service) which takes you to downtown a few stops away. Great city and great hotel!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Tipperary, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

I booked a night at the Aisling Hotel for my boyfriend and I as a Christmas treat. I was coming back from work in Belgium and had to wait for him to arrive into Heuston. When I was checked in, a lovely staff member helped me to my room with the big bags, showed me all i needed to know going into the accommodation area and in the room.. The Superior King Suite was everything I expected and more! The bathroom alone was amazing!

My only fault was that when we went to the restaurant for out reservation, we ordered the sirloin steak but i received the rib eye. I knew the difference as i too work in a restaurant in Bruges, Belgium. I couldnt get anyones attention so continued to eat my meal. By the time a waitress came to us i had it almost eaten.
I found the service in the restaurant to not be great since it was far from busy with there only being 5 tables eating including our own..

Room Tip: I booked my room on booking.com and chose the Superior King Suite. It was fantastic.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Sedgley, West Mids
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

We booked this hotel as a New Years trip as an extension of our Honeymoon, just a little getaway over New Year. Firstly the location. Fantastically located next to Heuston Station, easily walkable with luggage meant a quick and cheap bus ride from the Airport. Its also 100 yards from two Luas stations, Luas = Dublins Metro.

The hotel upgraded us to a King Size room from our standard size room which was lovely of them, we also received a free fruit basket. Again the little touches that count.

The Room was lovely, spotless clean and very spacious, our only issue was with the noise, I personally found it fine but my wife who is a very light sleeper was awoken more than once by passing traffic, we reported this the next day and were moved to a more suitable room. We also had an issue with a noisy neighbour on the first night, TV blaring at 4:00am!! One call and a quick Irish slanging match later it was sorted.

Nothing was to much trouble and the staff were helpful and offered information when asked. Ryans bar up the street served amazing Guinness and wonderful food, a proper old school bar.

Yes we had one or two issues but they were sorted quickly, with minimum fuss, would definitely come back.

The review below which describes the Hotel as two stars and questions its parking facility is very confusing, it clearly states the price of not only the food but also the car park, I find people who make comments about prices that are shown tend to be people who think these prices shouldn't belong to them, the fact that this person had the inclination to even ask to have their parking validated is beyond rude and should not leave you with an impression of the hotel or its staff.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

We had a great experience here! I loved the location (easy walk to the Guinness storehouse), and the lobby spaces and restaurant are lovely. We had a clean, comfortable room and a nice bathroom.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Ashling Hotel? Share your experiences!