“Stunning place to stay in dublin” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clontarf Castle Hotel

You added Clontarf Castle Hotel to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Castle Avenue | Clontarf, Dublin D3, Ireland   |
Ranked #20 of 174 Hotels in Dublin
“Stunning place to stay in dublin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Me and my boyfriend have just returned from a three night stay in the beautiful clontarf castle. The moment we saw the castle on arrival we were absolutely wowed, this place is completely stunning! The lady on reception who greeted us on arrival was lovely, the staff at this hotel are excellent, all very helpful and welcoming. I particularly liked how all members of staff would say hello as you walked past and ask how you are. Great customer service! The hotel is located right by a bus stop which is very convenient, make sure you have change for it though! No notes accepted! The staff were happy to change our notes to change for us. Breakfast was included in our stay and the buffet was lovely each day. Highly recommend this hotel and already looking at returning soon!!

• Stayed October 2013
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that you and your partner had such a lovely stay at the castle. I'm so pleased you were impressed with our customer service as this is very important to us. It's also great that you enjoyed your meals and found the location of the hotel to be so convenient. I'll be sure to pass your comments on to all the staff here at Clontarf Castle Hotel. Many thanks again for your feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to write such a lovely review for us. We would love to welcome you back to the castle in the future.

Clontarf Castle Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Turkish first
Laois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

The staff were very friendly and polite. From the moment we arrived they were very welcoming and helpful. The bed was big and comfortable and I had a great nights sleep. The room was spotless, cleaned to a high standard with mod decor.
My negative about this hotel is, for me, I was attending a function in the hotel and I enjoy a late bar or residents bar as a perk of checking into a hotel. There was a group of 6-8 of us in the residents bar (which only serves you drink been charged to your room which I really didn't like as you can go a bit wild and have no control over your spending) but it closed at 3:00 am! Late enough for some people but I had just walked in when they said they were finished serving! This is a first for me and a BIG minus in my opinion! I like the option of a late drink I can pay cash for.

• Stayed October 2013
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that you found the staff at the castle to be so welcoming and helpful during your stay. We strive to achieve excellent standards of customer care, so I'm pleased that you experienced this. I am sincerely sorry that you were disappointed by our residents bar policy and I do hope that this didn't cause too much inconvenience for you. Many thanks again for your feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us. We would be delighted to welcome you back to Clontarf Castle Hotel again in the future if you return to Dublin.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed 3 nights. Booked a triple room which was very spacious with a roomy bathroom. Great surroundings and easy access to bus services into the city centre. Great meals in the Knights Bar and a good selection for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was so pleased to read your review and to see that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. It's great that you were pleased with your room, the location of the hotel and the selection of food available at the castle. Our guests often compliment the food at the castle and we are always delighted with the great feedback we get. Many thanks again for your feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to write such a lovely review for us. We would be delighted to welcome you back to Clontarf Castle Hotel again in the future if you return to the area.

Karratha, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Our stay at Clontarf Castle Hotel was the highlight of out trip around Ireland and Scotland. From the moment we walked in the door, until we left everything was superb.The room was extremely clean and roomy, tastefully decorated and quiet. Our meal in the Knight Grill exceptional, as was out breakfast the next morning. Staff were friendly and very helpful. We caught a bus directly outside the Castle to Dublin and back. The whole experience was one we will always remember and hope to return one day. Our bed at the Castle was the most comfortable throughout our trip and we slept in 30 different beds over 33 days.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was absolutely thrilled to read your comments on your stay at the castle, to hear that staying with us was the highlight of your month long trip throughout Ireland and Scotland is just amazing. I'm so glad you liked your room, your meals and the staff at the castle. I'll be sure to pass all your comments on to all members of staff at the castle. Thanks again for your lovely feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us. We would love to welcome you back to Clontarf Castle Hotel again in the future.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were recently in Dublin and stayed at the castle. Our room was very nice, small (according to American standards) but very well maintained and clean and room furniture all in good condition. Bed was very comfortable, bathroom very clean and spacious. Had room service which arrived very promptly. Breakfast was excellent, staff attentive and very gracious. Would love to stay here again should the opportunity arise for a return visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was really pleased to read that you were so impressed with the quality standards in the hotel, particularly your room, the food and the staff. I'll be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all the staff here at the castle. Many thanks again for your feedback, we really appreciate it and would be delighted to welcome you back to the castle again in the future if you return to Dublin.

Kelowna, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

....you may not want to sleep here. Nice hotel. We were here for a wedding reception and I stayed in Clontarf Castle the night before. The room was great, but not enough little niceties, such as slippers, shower caps, etc for the price. The noise from the party downstairs was just thumping through the room. Fortunately it quieted down by midnight for me, but other people I knew staying there were kept up all night by the noise. The food at the reception was wonderful, but meals I had other days in the pub part were just so-so. Breakfast was excellent with good service. The night of the reception (Saturday) there were FOUR events going on at the same time, so I can only imagine what it was like trying to sleep there that night. The weeknights I was up there to visit in the bar, there always seemed to be a wedding going on.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the wedding reception you attended at the castle. However, I was sorry to read that the function on in the castle during your stay disrupted you. The castle is very popular and we always strive to maintain excellent service standards, however you have my sincere apologies for the noise issues you encountered. I can assure you that this is not our usual service standard. Many thanks again for your feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us and we completely take your comments on board. We would be delighted to welcome you back to Clontarf Castle Hotel again in the future if you return to Dublin.

Bedford, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Spent two nights at Clontarf Castle last week. The room we stayed in was small, but really all we needed in Dublin. The breakfast buffet was well put together. The highlight is that hop-on hop-off bus comes right to the hotel for pick up once a day (it does not drop off). The castle is a short walk through a nice neighborhood to the waterfront for dinner. The castle is also not that far from the airport.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was very pleased to read that you were satisfied with your stay with us. I'm glad you liked the hop on hop off bus which leaves the castle every morning at 9am during this season. Many of our guests find this very convenient. Many thanks again for your feedback on your stay at Clontarf Castle Hotel. We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us. We would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future if you return to Dublin.

General Manger
Clontarf Castle Hotel

Been to Clontarf Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!