“Loved Dublin” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 177 hotels in Dublin
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Loved Dublin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We loved our stay at Clontarf Castle. We especially loved Michael Byrne, the Concierge. He went "above and beyond" to assist us in planning our tour of Dublin and he really listened and made suggestions for things to see based on our likes and dislikes. He was fantastic!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I'm delighted with your comments and it's great to read that you enjoyed your stay at the castle so much. Our staff are a real asset to us here and we pride ourselves on excellent customer service. I'll be sure to pass your compliments on to Michael in our Concierge department, who I'm sure will be delighted with your feedback. Thanks again and we would love to welcome you back to the castle in the future if you ever return to Dublin.

General Long

1,662 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed in Clontarf Castle with my husband and my two children for the weekend. Checkin was very smooth, room with 2double beds very spacious , FREE wifi and plenty parking spaces.
Had meal in Knights Bar Friday night , very nice great service very friendly staff.
Hotel is beautiful specially at night when lit up. Breakfast was very tasty(sausages) and attentive staff. Had dinner in Farenheit Resturant it was lovely very generous portions, overall a lovely weekend enjoyed by all.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I'm really glad to read that you and your family had such an enjoyable stay at the hotel. It's great that you found the staff, the food and your room to be so good. These are all areas we pride ourselves on and we always strive to provide our guests with a high quality experience. Thanks again for your feedback we appreciate it and we'd love to welcome you back to the castle again in the future.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed here for 2nights at the end of Nov for a mini honeymoon, as soon as we saw the hotel we were in awe! It is truly beautiful, our room wasn't ready at first so we had lunch in the knights bar, my husband had the chowder and said it was the best he had ever had, as we were on our honeymoon we got upgraded to a suite with four poster bed, and staff sent chocolate cake to our room!such special treats! It is a little bit away from the city center but u can get a bus 1.90 euro or a cab around 10 euro, this would not deter us from staying here again!the breakfast was good with a great selection, we also had a meal here as part of our deal,that was delicious, really had a brilliant stay, im so glad we chose this hotel for our mini honeymoon

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. It was really great to read such a good review from someone who had a mini honeymoon with us. I'm delighted and honoured that you chose to spend this time in the castle and I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay. It's great that you enjoyed the food, we often get complimented on the high quality of our food. Thanks again for your feedback, we really appreciate it and would love to welcome you back to the castle in the future.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We were in Dublin for a week visiting our son who had just started his new job at Google Dublin. We liked the pictures of the Hotel found it romantic and decided to stay here. Well, the castle looking effect is impressive, the area nice and quiet but the staff was unbelievably rude and not helpful at all. We gave them something to keep in the deep freezer and when we asked for it back, it took them 20 minutes to find it and nobody seemed to know or was interested in finding out. They were so distant that we dared not ask them anything and we had to figure out everything ourselves. The room was spacious and very clean but the staff should be really trained to behave.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I'm very disappointed to read that you did not leave with a good impression of the castle. You have my sincere apologies for your negative experience with staff at the castle. I can assure you that this is an extremely rare occurance and we are usually praised for the high quality customer service that our guests recieve during their stays at the hotel. However, I completely acknowledge your feedback, there is no excuse for such behaviour and I can only hope that you return to the castle in the future so we can change your first impression. Thanks again for your feedback, we appreciate it.

Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We had a wonderful time while staying at Clontarf Castle. The room was very nice, the food was great and the atmosphere was wonderful. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Michael Byrne, concierge, went above and beyond the call of duty to help us have a great time during our stay in Dublin. He was very knowledgeable about the area and took the time with us to help us decide how best to spend what time we had in Dublin. Michael gave us some great tips of special non-traditional places to visit in Dublin and we loved every one of them. He also made sure we had transportation to get into town. Michael helped made our stay at Clontarf very special. We highly recommend the Clontarf Castle Hotel, and be sure to seek out Micheal Byrne for great service while there!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read all your comments about your stay at the castle. I was particularly happy that you found the staff here to be so good. We really pride ourselves on excellent customer service. I'll be sure to pass all your great comments on to Michael in our Concierge department.
Thanks again for your feedback, we really appreciate it and we would be delighted to welcome you back to the castle again if you return to Dublin in the future.

Yours Sincerly,

Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Clontarf Castle in Dublin Ireland. From the moment my family walked in, we were welcomed and greeted with a very friendly and helpful staff. The Castle itself is beautiful and very cool inside. My two boys loved the knight statues and all of the decorations. We truly felt comfortable and like royalty when we were there. I highly recommend the Clontarf Castle for anyone staying overnight in the Dublin area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. It's great to read that you and your family had an enjoyable stay at the castle. I'm delighted that you found the staff to be so good and welcomings and I'll be sure to pass your comments on to them.
Thanks again for your feedback, we appreciate it and would be delighted to welcome you back to the castle in the future if you return to Dublin.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I just had to write to tell you what an incredible time I had staying at Clontarf castle!!
I was there November 9-14th and it was just perfect! The staff was just amazing.
They went above and beyond to help me with transportation or directions(I get lost
a lot!). The restaurant was lovely; delicious meals.
The Knight's Bar was warm and inviting. I had a great time chatting with new friends
while sipping pints and listening to Irish music.
I have been to Ireland many times and I must say, my holiday at Clontarf Castle
was by far the best I have had by far. I will definitely be returning!

Thank you so much for your kindness, warmth, and hospitality.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm absolutely delighted with all your comments. It's so good to read that you had such an enjoyable stay at the castle and that you regard it as your best stay in Ireland. I'll be sure to pass all your lovely comments on to the staff here at the castle.
Thanks again for such amazing feedback, we really appreciate it and would love to welcome you back to the castle in the future if you return to Dublin.

Mark Long

Been to Clontarf Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!