“Red cow only ok” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #82 of 174 Hotels in Dublin
IRELAND
“Red cow only ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed for an event.rooms were clean and bathroom clean .couldnt fault it.the food in the red cow steak and grill located outside the hotel to the right was awfull.we sent it back .how can you get a pepperoni pizza wrong for a child.you start by using salami on top and lace it with black pepper.pasta was thrown on a plate and was just dreadful.the least they could do would be pay for a proper chef.got breakfast next morning.said no mushrooms please as the smell makes me sick.what did she serve me? You guessed .Mushrooms! Rooms are run effieciently but food is very poor.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
RedCowMoranDublin, Manager at Red Cow Moran's Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear mingkim

Thank you for your recent review of the Red Cow Moran Hotel.

It is very disappointing to read such negative reviews about the Food outlets here at the Red
Cow Complex.

Please be sure that we will be addressing your issues with all the related departments.

On behalf to the entire management team I offer my sincerest apologies and I hope that you will viait us again in order to redeem ourselves,

Management team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed recently in this hotel and found the place to be absolutely horrendous.
Not only is is grubby and cheap looking, it is also situated in the middle of an industrial estate with nowhere to go outside to get some fresh air - unless of course, you consider the M50 to be 'the great outdoors'.
The staff are unhelpful, the food is diabolical and the service, well if you can consider it service?
The place needs to be knocked down or completely revamped.
The tinted doors on entry are reminiscent of the late '70's, the foyer is scruffy and the toilets are less than impressive.
The bar was empty and still we were squashed into seats that were in dire need of refurbishment.
Upstairs, above the foyer, there seems to be a complete waste of space with a balcony/seating area, that has an air of 'trying too hard', along with a silly staircase for no apparent reason. What is that empty ridiculous space about? Nobody sits up there and if you even try to enter past the 'red rope' to see if you can get a seat, good luck!
There is a small area behind this opulent staircase that is tiny any useless as everybody is on top of everybody else and you have zero privacy.

The ballroom needs a decent interior decorator, the carpets are dire, the place is scuffy.
The toilets on this level of the hotel are disgusting and need a good scrub.

Never again. Suffice to say, it was not my idea to go to this hotel, but the group I was with will not be staying ever again.

4 star?!?!? I don't think so.

Louis Fitzgeralds up the road might not look like much from the road but my God does it knock spots of the Red Cow... go there instead.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear 620MaryC620

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. We do appreciate all our guest comments.

I am very disappointed to read such a negative review. I would like to discuss your issues in more detail. I would very much appreciate it if you could contact me directly on pmalone@moranhotels.com.

Red Deer, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed there on June 5,6 and 7 2012....we found the hotel to have a good location for day trips....The pub was great for breakfast and treated us great and service was great ...by the second day they were expecting us and had our table ready..Rooms were nice and clean....Good place to stay

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear purdywest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We really appreciate all our guests comments.

It is always a pleasure to read when our guests have really enjoyed their time with us.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

great location for a stop over. Food is not the best however the hotel itself is comfortable in a "hotely" experience. don't expect any type of personal service, it is very business like, but functional

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear sineadstaszak

Thank you for choosing the Red Cow Moran Hotel and for taking the time to post a review of our hotel.

I am sorry to hear that you did not feel you received a personal service, we as a team try to ensure all our guests feel welcome and comfortable during their time with us.

I would like to hear more about your experience with us so as I can address any issues you feel we may be lacking on.

If you would like to contact me directly on pmalone@moranhotels.com

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have being staying in the red cow for years I always recommend it to everyone until 06/04/13 wnen hotel security started banging on my daughter nice and there two cousins telling them that one has to leave the hotel at 03.00am there is to many in the room it was a family room booked for four.He made them stand in reception while him and the night porter spoke in there own language laughing.my sister rang and asked what was going on the porter said to many to many in the room she said how could there be too many when too girls are adults and too are under age.all he said was sorry it was a mistake. So it's ok for a hotel to bang down your room at 03.00am and have young girls crying I don't know what this country is coming to when hotels can't employ decent
staff.all I am saying I booked a family room for four they take your money and then try and throw you on the street.this hotel needs to review its night staff for its own health and safety.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear AnthonyM182

Thank you for your recent review of the Red Cow Moran Hotel.

On behalf of the entire Management team here I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for the mis-understanding while your daughter stayed with us.

I believe you have already been speaking to Daniel our Senior Duty Manager and have managed to clear up the issue and necessary actions have been taken.

Once again I would like to offer my apologies once again and I hope we can welcome you to the Red Cow Moran Hotel again in the near future.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I went here for dinner to meet family that were staying in the hotel.
first impressions were not too bad they had some dinner deals and the place itself looked nice. we ordered our food and drink - firstly they do not have glasses of wine listed on their menu and they are not cheap. When our main meals came 3 of the party had steak - one was well done - cant go wrong 2 were rare - they were not rare. One was so bad it was sent back. we got the 2/3 course deals but had to pay supplement to eat these steaks which is fine when they are cooked properly. When the steak came back to the table ( a rare steak which took 20 minutes) the rest of the table were finished their meals. when the bill came it was wrong and we were well overcharged. When I went to the till to speak about the bill he didn't understand the problem - another person came to ask what the problem was. He glanced at the bill and threw it back saying it was fine and we have to pay it. I didn't want to cause a scene will family there so we paid the bill. I went outside and checked the bill again and made sure that we were right. We went to the reception desk and a manager came. he sorted out the problem and refunded the difference what we paid incorrectly. I had explained the disaster of the meal and how rude the man at the till had been. he didn't seem to be bothered, I thought he might have taken off at least the supplement for the steak that was sent back and had to be eaten separately but that wasn't the case.
I will NOT be eating here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Really easy to get to just of the m50 ring road.lucs tram stops just up from hotel which takes you into the centre of Dublin which runs from early morning tell late.if you are driving heading north or south for visiting attractions it is ideal.bathrooms in hotel were spotless and breakfast was plenty.had dinner in bar twice and food was ok.could not fault this hotel and would stay again if in Dublin.

Room Tip: There is a night club in the complex so a room at the front would be ideal if you are a light sleepe...