“Good Stay, Close to everything.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Dublin

Save Saved
You added Westin Dublin to your Saves list
Westin Dublin
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   At College Green | Westmoreland Street, Dublin 2, Ireland   |
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #14 of 177 hotels in Dublin
Copiague, New York
“Good Stay, Close to everything.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

Hotel was very convienient. Not too close and not too far from temple bar, great for pub hopping. Right across the street from Trinity college. Also close to St. Steven's Green. Friendly staff and clean hotel. Rooms were a little old but clean enough. Club in the basement was fun, good drinks.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
TheWestinDublin, General Manager at Westin Dublin, responded to this review, July 30, 2010
Dear Clonket,

I would like to thank you for your kind comments posted recently.

The location is most definitely the best in town.

I do hope you manage to return to Dublin in the future where we would be delighted to welcome you back.

Kind regards

1,369 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

The Westin Dublin is in a great location between Grafton Street and O' Connell Street so is perfect for exploring the city. The bedroom was rather plain and had very generic furniture; nothing special in general. It could have been a hotel room in any part of the world! The bed was very comfortable and I slept very well. I had breakfast and dinner in the hotel. The food and service was very good and I can certainly recommend eating there. The pub is a pleasant place to spend a few hours but expect to pay top prices for the drinks there! I would certainly stay at the Westin Dublin again!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Hanover, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

Have stayed many times at The Westin...wonderful hotel and all the staff is brilliant.

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
TheWestinDublin, General Manager at Westin Dublin, responded to this review, July 7, 2010
Dear peopleperson8,

Thank you very much for posting your review of The Westin Dublin. I am very happy to learn that you are a returning guest on a regular basis and that The Westin Dublin meets your expectations.

If you feel there is anything else we can do to improve on this experience please feel free to request on your next visit or contact me directly.

We hope to welcome you back to Dublin soon.

Best regards,

The Westin Dublin
Alexandria, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

We stayed at the Westin Dublin for 40,000 points for 5 nights; considering it was essentially free we were delighted by the exceptional service we've come to expect from Westin. My husband and I both have some experience in the hospitality industry (hence all those points) so we appreciate consistency and service above all else. In this, the Westin couldn't have been beat. We were greeted at every turn, no matter at what hour; restaurant reservations were made for us when we asked and received follow-up phone calls regarding those reservations, and...most importantly...in no way did we feel as though we used points instead of paying in Euros. We used the fitness center (excellent, and a great place to fill up water bottles btw) as well as the aforementioned concierge services.

The only place I'm docking points is the room. At check-in we were offered a queen bed instead of our reserved king, but with a view of Trinity College. We took it not because we cared about the view (which was more noise than special and through one narrow window) but because we did feel a little bit of pressure to change our reservation because we were on points. The room was large but oddly shaped; the bathroom was, however, exceptionally sized. The bed also seemed to be a full size instead of a queen and we suffered through the week from it. Additionally, the temperature control didn't work and the windows were sealed shut. Yeah, I know, we could have said something and changed rooms, but after changing locations over the past week in Ireland we eyed our bags as enemies and the small-ish bed as a friend. I certainly don't hold this against the hotel; again, they would have done anything to keep us happy (hence, our brand loyalty). But, as a 4 or 5-star property, each room should retain the same comfort standard as others despite the particular footprint of the room.

Aside from the hotel's particular accommodations, the most important aspect of the hotel is the LOCATION. I can't say enough positive things about the hotel's situation; it enabled us to eat at some of the finest restaurants and going to the best attractions while being able to go to the bathroom in comfort. Yes, I went there. Plus, there is a clock on the bank next door (I think; it's been a few months) which stands as an excellent landmark from the street; you can easily locate the hotel from there. Once the bellman opens the door and you smell the signature white tea Westin scent, you immediately feel calmed from the busy streets. It's a haven from busy Dublin life. Overall, I'd highly recommend this property most particularly because there are a few things you can't put an adequate price on: location, service, and your sense of well-being once you're inside.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear AVGerbert,

Thank you very much for posting your detailed review of The Westin Dublin. I am delighted to read that we were able to consistently provide you with excellent service throughout your stay. In our business it is crucial to provide guests with a seamless experience and meet their expectations every time, so thank you for sharing your remarks with other travellers.

I am sorry that you did not receive the requested room and we will investigate this further.

The Westin Dublin is part of converted 19th Century buildings of historical importance, so we do have a variety of room styles. I am sorry that you were disappointed with your room and note your valuable comments. It might be worth noting that this year a refurbishment will take place on some of our bedrooms and we have taken into account the comments submitted by our guest’s.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel again should your travels bring you back to Dublin.

Kind regards,

The Westin Dublin
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

Just back from a week in Ireland and 3 days at the Westin in Dublin. What a wonderful stay in a great hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My teenagers stayed in a roomy, bright twin room and we were upgraded for a very reasonable price to the most gorgeous suite I have ever stayed in. Best location in Dublin with a very short walk to the Temple bar area as well as shopping and Trinity college. The hotel recommended two wonderful restaurants and made all the reservations as well as arranging transportation to the airport. I looked at many hotels before I booked the Westin in Dublin and I am so glad that I picked it. One of the best overall hotel experiences I have ever had in traveling.

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Dear becauseican,

I would like to thank you for your kind comments posted recently.

The location is most definitely the best in town. With our commitment to ensure we make each guest’s stay memorable, we always strive to provide a positive Westin Hotel experience.

Kind regards
Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

My son and I recently traveled to Ireland on a golf trip. We arrived in Dublin because we wanted to experience the "pubs" and do some sightseeing. We stayed three nights at the Westin and the quality of our room and level of service we received was fantastic. The hotel is also conveniently located at the beginning of the temple bar area, and near the shopping of Grafton Street, but is not subject to the noise you would expect from the bars in the area. We found the Westin was a convenient walk or short taxi ride to all of the local places of interest as well as golf. Our room was nicely appointed, clean and comfortable. I highly recommend the Hotel for anyone staying in Dublin.

• Stayed June 2010
Manchester, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

We chose the Westin because of its location and it didn't disappoint. The hotel is directly across from Trinity College and Temple Bar area. The tour buses pickup just a block away and there are many fine restaurants nearby. The Atrium lounge is very pleasant for a light meal; the Irish breakfast, included in our room rate, was excellent. The staff was very attentive, friendly and knowledgeable. Our son became ill while there and they had a doctor to us within an hour! If you have time, take a cab out to Howth (30 min. drive) for dinner at Aqua. The harbor is beautiful and the restaurant is excellent.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to Westin Dublin? Share your experiences!