“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Dublin

Save Saved
You added Westin Dublin to your Saves list
Westin Dublin
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   At College Green | Westmoreland Street, Dublin 2, Ireland   |
Special Price
Save 10% on Suites
Ranked #19 of 175 Hotels in Dublin
Tournefeuille, France
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The location is definitely the biggest plus. The room are nice, properly furnished (even if it is odd to have TV speakers also in the bathroom) and warm. The level of the staff was very inconsistent. Most of them were marvelous but some other were almost unbearable. The biggest down was the 15 Euro per day internet connection, clearly unacceptable in a 4 stars hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at Westin Dublin, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Hello seifer1975
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of The Westin Dublin, it is very nice to read that you were happy with many aspects of your stay and that you liked your room. However I am sorry to read that you found the service to be inconsistent this is not how we want our guests to experience their stay in the Westin. I would like to apologise to you for this.
Kind Regards
Fred Smits

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Just around the corner from Trinity College and literally across the street from the AirTrain coach, which transports you to/from the airport for 7 euros. You can walk to the Temple Bar area, yet are away from the crowds.
As far as the hotel itself, maybe I'm spoiled by the Westin resorts, but it just seemed like a regular
(expensive) European hotel. If I based my review only on the first few nights we stayed there, and forgot about the last night (a 2nd check-in 3 days later), I would have a more positive feeling.
The concierge staff, doormen, restaurant staff were all very nice, but the reception desk left me fuming.
The room was very comfortable and the bathroom quite nice.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the first floor, in case there is a wedding or other celebration going on be...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
TheWestin, General Manager at Westin Dublin, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Hello SparkleAnnie
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay with us in The Westin Dublin.
Thanks for your nice comments about our concierge team and the team in The Exchange restaurant, however I am sorry to read that you were so unhappy with the team in reception and I would like to apologise for that.
I have passed your comments to our Front Office manager and we are investigating as we do not accept anyone on the team being rude to our guests
If you would like to get in contact with me directly I would be delighted to speak with you about this issue, thanks again.
All the best
Marco Island, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

My sister and I have stayed in many many Westins in countries all around the world and they have always been our brand of choice but this experience soured us on them. The good points are the location is close to the Liffey, Grafton Street and The Book of Kells and the concierge guys are super nice and helpful as are the doormen.

The bad news is that the front desk staff were cold and condescending when we discussed a rate issue that arose because someone at SPG's reservation center had failed to send my sister an email confirming our rate. They could have easily seen that we both have their AMEX cards, have used them extensively for many years and believed her very detailed and accurate explanation. But they stuck with the party line and spoke to us as if we were children about how hotel pricing fluctuates - trust me, we know and get it! And they charged us about 100 euros over what she was told would be the charge.

Then we were put in a room right over a loud wedding reception (don't stay on the 1st floor). The noise did end at 11:40 which they said it would but when you're dead tired that can feel very late. Also we had stayed there 4 nights at the beginning of our trip and were now back for a last night before leaving the country and when we said "Hi, we remember you" to the woman at the front desk she said "Unfortunately, I can't say the same" with a blank face. Jeezh - this didn't feel like Ireland! They need at least one Irish person at the check-in desk so you can remember what country you're in - one where the people are nice!

Also there wasn't good lighting in the room, the hair dryer couldn't be used in the bathroom and it would have been nice if when they offered to call us a cab they told us there's a 5 euro surcharge for calling one to a hotel and you can walk to a very nearby cab stand and avoid that charge.

They also have a very high fee for wi-fi. They refunded it to us as we were in town for a travel bloggers' conference but they also gave us a little speech, again as if we were idiots, that this "wouldn't guarantee that it would always be free". We don't react well to being talked down to!

It's too bad that one lousy experience can turn you on a brand but I have to say that this one did. But once again - remember that the doormen and concierge guys are nice as are the bar tenders and wait staff downstairs in The Mint Bar.

Can't resist one more thing - the single beds don't seem to be "Heavenly Beds" and every night I slept there I woke up with an aching hip and that didn't happen at any other hotels.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else unless you can stay here on points
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear KEDBoston
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments after you and your sister stayed wiht us in The Westin Dublin however I am very concerned about the inconsistent service you experienced.
First of all I would like to apologise that your experience in this occasion was not five star. This is not the type of service that The Westin Dublin is renowned for and I would like to address the highlighted issues with my management team to ensure is does not happen again.
I am most upset to read that anyone on our team spoke to one of guests in such a condescending way. I am very disappointed when we fail to delight our guests and I am saddened you encountered an experience like this. I will personally follow with the members of my team for investigation and retraining.
I am somewhat mollified to read that our team in The Mint and concierge team were able to help you enjoy some of your time with us. However I would appreciate it if you could take the time to get in contact with me directly so we can I hope go some ways to resolving these issues.
Kind regards
Sanibel Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We were there for 4 nights and it was our favorite out of all the hotels we stayed in over 2 weeks. It was an old bank building that is In the heart of Dublin's places to see. Bathroom was fabulous-spacious AND beautiful. Great bar downstairs with excellent food and hotel restaurant was beautiful also. Definitely a repeat visit is needed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at Westin Dublin, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Hi kgoodr8559
It is a great pleasure and so encouraging to receive such positive feedback from our guests. Its great to read that we were your favourite hotel on your two week trip. I am delighted to read you liked your room and took some time to enjoy yourselves in the Mint bar. I am glad you enjoyed the history associated with The Westin Dublin which is unique to our property.
I look forward toyour repeat visit thanks again.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Amazing hotel,

Well worth the five stars.

The staff treat their guests incredibly well, the beds are the comfiest beds for hotel standards and the location is perfect.

There is free wifi in the lobby too.

Hi MikeHaz_Syd
Thanks for your comments after your recent stay in The Westin Dublin. I am very happy that the service was five star and the team treated you so well. Thanks for your comments and I do hope we will welcome you back to the Westin Dublin sometime in the future.
General Manager.
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This review is based on the Samuel Beckett Suite, one of the hotel’s Library Suites. GREAT room! Two stories..... small balcony... nice large bathroom... comfortable bed. Wonderful.... I did not want to leave. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet is well worth taking as an option over the 500 bonus points for Platinum guests. The food was very good! The location is perfect for anyone looking to enjoy all Dublin has to offer. If I am back in Dublin, I will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear avillebud
Thanks for your review after you stayed with us in the lovely Samuel Beckett Suite. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit and did not want to leave! I am delighted to read that you found service to be excellent during your stay and you enjoyed the breakfast in The Exchange. Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts and we look forward to your next visit us from Chicago.
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Spent 3 nights in the Westin for a weekend away with my partner. Having stayed in many hotels in Dublin this is definitely my favourite. The rooms are spacious with plush decor. Plenty of mirrors and well lit for us ladies getting ready for a night out! Staff were pleasant and helpful and came to our rescue with toothpaste after my other half was given the responsibility of packing it! Brilliant location. Close to all the shops, bars and restaurants and buses and taxis are available outside the door if you want to go further afield. The mint bar downstairs is very elegant warm and welcoming, again with lovely friendly staff. Can't wait to go back!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at Westin Dublin, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Hi Brads1972 Thanks very much for your wonderful review I am delighted to read that we are your favourite hotel in Dublin that is a lovely compliment. Thanks again and we very much look forward to having the pleasure of looking after you again when you pop down from Belfast.
All the best
Fred Smits

Been to Westin Dublin? Share your experiences!