“Is this really five-star?” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Dublin

Save Saved
You added Westin Dublin to your Saves list
Westin Dublin
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   At College Green | Westmoreland Street, Dublin 2, Ireland   |
Ranked #17 of 177 hotels in Dublin
Tipperary, Ireland
“Is this really five-star?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We recently stayed for two nights at the Westin Hotel, Dublin - I wished to treat my wife while I was attending some business meetings. Overall impression - disappointed. The check-in was unecessarily fussy and took too long - asking Irish people for "photo ID" when they're in Ireland is a certain way to rile them - whoever came up with that policy doesn't understand Ireland.

The room certainly was not five-star - it was small and stuffy. The "wardrobe" was obviously designed with Pygmies in mind - it would be difficult to hang anything in it. Internet was advertised at "€6 per hour" - a bit steep when most hotels provide this service free gratis. This situation was further compounded when I was checking out - I had used the internet for probably 45 minutes in total - when I checked my bill I discovered that I had been charged for six hours! Obviously, the system starts a new hour every time one connects - surely this could be sorted easily.
My car was parked for me by a friendly usher - the parking fee came to €25 per day! If I had known that, I would have parked in the carpark across the street! Breakfast in the dining room was another fairly ordinary experience - on both mornings we had to repeat our request for toast.
In general I was disappointed. Prior to staying there, I had checked several city-centre hotels - all the Dublin hotels are back to their bad old habits - room rates are back on top of the European league. Cop yourselves on, Folks - we Irish are tired of "racehorse rates" and "donkey service".

J.J. Killian

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you accept it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
TheWestin, General Manager at Westin Dublin, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear James K
I am disappointed to hear that you had some issues during your stay and you were unhappy with your room.
As with most leading international hotels we take the security of our guests very seriously, so we do require photo id on check-in. This information is also included on your reservation confirmation.
We have several different room types and I am sorry you were not satisfied with your room allocation on this occasion. We encourage our guests to inform us of their accommodation needs so we may personalise their stay.
Our parking fees are competitively priced and I do believe we offer fair value compared to car parking fees locally and in other hotels in Dublin city.
I would encourage you to contact me directly should you wish to discuss this further. Thank you again for taking the time to post your review.

1,393 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Innsbruck, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The Westin Dublin is a gereat hotel.
Great location, great services, excellent staff, nicely furnished and a very good selection for breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner.
We have been there with ahigh class delegation of 12 and the service could not have been better.
Especially in the meetings area there was a lot of flexibility.
We will come again for sure.

Room Tip: High floor is def. the best choice
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
TheWestin, General Manager at Westin Dublin, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear MarcDeby

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts after you visit to The Westin Dublin.
I am very happy that you were pleased with our conference facilities; it is fantastic to read such a positive review which will be well received by everyone on the team here.
Thank you again and I do look forward to welcoming you back again to the Westin Dublin.
Kind regards
Providence, RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I spent a week at the Westin Hotel Dublin in August. I can't say enough about the really lovely experience we had at this hotel. Our room was tremendously comfortable and clean with a huge bathroom, the staff was uniformly friendly and helpful, and the restaurant (where we ate dinner a couple of times during the week) was delicious. I should add we also enjoyed breakfast in the Atrium. This hotel is close to everything -- Trinity College, the Book of Kells, Temple Bar, the wonderful Chester Beatty Library with its collection of illuminated manuscripts, the city's shopping area, etc. Overall we found Dublin to be a very hospitable city, but this hotel really made us feel at home. We have traveled a good bit to other world-class cities and this may be the best hotel we've ever stayed at. We look forward to staying here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Clarrisa_7

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us in The Westin Dublin.

I am delighted to be reading your comments; lovely words like your make our hard work worthwhile. I am very happy to read that the team helped you enjoy your weeks visit in the hotel.
I am glad you enjoyed your visits to The Exchange restaurant and you found our location useful for sightseeing in Dublin city.
Thank you again and I do look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin again.

Best regards,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We arrived at the Westin for a two night stay so we needed the concierge services to prioritize some activities during our quick trip and suggest breakfast and dinner options. All members of the concierge staff were extremely helpful, giving us exactly what we were looking for and providing additional hints so that we could make the most of our short stay in Dublin. We even got a really short notice reservation at an amazing restaurant. The hotel itself was great. The location was ideal and the rooms were immaculate. We would definitely choose to stay here again anytime visiting Dublin.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
TheWestin, General Manager at Westin Dublin, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear alice s
Thank you for taking the time to posting your review of The Westin Dublin.
I am glad to be reading the kind comments in your review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your experience with us and the concierge team were able to help you during your short visit to Dublin.
I do look forward to welcoming you back again to The Westin Dublin soon.

Best Regards
Andrew Henning,
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed at the Westin Dublin in Feb 2013 on a leisure trip to Ireland. I chose the Westin based on it's high Trip Advisor score and on the recommendation of a friend who lives in Dublin. Let's just say that the location is PERFECT. From the Westin, you are as close to the Temple Bar as you can get without staying in a hotel above one of the noisy street and crowded pubs. You are across the street from Trinity College, and a 5-10 minute walk from Grafton Street shopping and St. Stephen's Green. I would say the location is most ideal.

The rooms were all well appointed and including features that I personally value like an iPod compatible alarm clock. I love playing my iPod, but never like to haul around iPod speakers when traveling. Our bathroom also included full size tub and separate glass shower. You could also pump the programming from the TV into the bathroom, which again is something I highly value.

The hotel offers top-notch service from check-in to check-out. I found all of the staff to be friendly and professional - this included desk, bell, restaurant, bar, and housekeeping staff. I also feel the hotel offers a very high value and would most certainly stay here again if returning to Dublin. I would also recommend the Westin to friends and family

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear jfrworld

Thank you for writing such an encouraging review of The Westin Dublin.

I am delighted to hear your stay was enjoyable while you visited Dublin we are very lucky with our location. I am glad that you were happy with your accommodations. I would like to say thank you again for your kind words, I will be sure to pass them on to the team.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin again.

Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

This has got to be the BEST hotel I have ever stayed at. This review is a bit over due because we stayed there back in May 2011, but in my defense I am new to Trip Advisor. Although it has been well over a year since our stay, I still fondly remember how beautiful and welcoming the Georgian building was, how delighted I was with our room, especially the nice bathroom with a detachable shower head and the amazing breakfast we had each day. The full Irish breakfast had an incredible selection of hot and cold items and it was a perfect to get us started on our day of exploring and sightseeing. Not only was it delicious but they served a pot of freshly brewed coffee to your table and it was honestly the best coffee I've ever had!

We were only there for 4 days, so we felt pressed to get going and see everything. Because of our schedule, we unfortunately did not have time to slow down and enjoy the afternoon tea (which I really wanted to do) nor the Mint bar, which sounds like a lot of fun. So I look forward until the day we can return to stay at this lovely hotel. Oh, and I can't forget to mention the staff. They were all very polite, helpful and such a pleasure to deal with. We needed some recommendations for restaurants one night and the very charming gentleman at the front desk was more than helpful. The Westin in Dublin sets the standard for what hospitality and top notch accomodations should be like and I can't wait to return .

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear KateH

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your kind words after your stay last April at The Westin Dublin.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit while you were with us and that you liked your accommodations here in The Westin. I hope you do get to enjoy our lovely afternoon tea the next time you visit, thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back again to The Westin Dublin soon.

Best Regards
Andrew Henning,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

We knew the hotel would be ideally located. We expected the Deluxe King room would be luxurious but the surprise was the standard of service. Every member of staff that we dealt with from Concierge, Express Service Agent(Receptionist to you and I), Waitress, Cocktail Bar Waiters and Chamber Maid were all professional, helpful and genuinely friendly. The service was as good as any we have received anywhere in the world! We had a fantastic weekend in Dublin and we are so pleased we stayed at the Westin.

Dear Mr Creosote

It is a pleasure to read our hotel was able to provide you with the excellent service and accommodation you are accustomed to. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed The Westin Dublin and that we were able to meet your expectations.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

General Manager.

Been to Westin Dublin? Share your experiences!