“Superb Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Dublin

You added Westin Dublin to your Saves list
Westin Dublin
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   At College Green | Westmoreland Street, Dublin 2, Ireland   |
Special Price
Save 10% on Suites
Ranked #19 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Dublin
“Superb Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

For the past few years I have gone for Afternoon Tea over the Christmas in the Westbury but this year we decided to try somewhere new. The whole experience in The Atrium was excellent, super sandwiches, scones and cakes. This super food was matched by super service.
After such an enjoyable Afternoon Tea experience we decided to book a table in The Atrium for a celebratory drink when my brother got engaged last week. Once again the service couldn't be faulted. There were two seperate tables reserved for us to choose from and from the moment we arrived till when we left the Atrium staff were fantastic. Thanks to all at The Westin for making such a special occasion all the more special!
We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
TheWestin, General Manager at Westin Dublin, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear 5manor

Thank you dearly for the response you have posted and the time you have taken to do so.
I am very happy that you enjoyed your Christmas afternoon tea with us in The Atrium. It is so encouraging to receive such kind comments from our guests I have passed them on to the team in The Atrium. I am happy to hear that the team looked after you for your brother’s engagement celebration, congratulations.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Best regards,
General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

In January 2012 my fiance and I stayed at the Westin Dublin for three nights. We received a nice upgrade to a junior suite at check-in. Staff was exceptionally friendly and accomodating. We even had one of their employees go get us a bunch of things from a drugstore late at night, which were promptly delivered to our room. The suite was very nice with a large bathroom that included both a bathtub and a shower. The king size bed was comfortable, all the electrical equipment one would need were in the room. Nothing we would have missed!

To sum up: Outstanding service, convenient location, definitely a place to recommend!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear worldtraveler 793
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts, it is fantastic to read such a positive review which will be well received by all our team here.
I am very happy to read that you were happy with your suite and the team were able to help you during your stay.

Thank you again and I do look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin again.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This hotel is every bit as good as the other reviews on here suggest. My room was spacious and luxuriously appointed and I had a good night's sleep in the very comfy bed. Staff were friendly and efficient. The location was central and I was able to walk to the majority of my meetings from the hotel. A great hotel and I will look to stay here again next time I am in Dublin.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
TheWestin, General Manager at Westin Dublin, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear RJMLondon
I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent visit to The Westin Dublin.
We are very lucky with our central location I am glad you found that convenient for your business meetings. I am happy the team looked after you during your stay.
I look forward to welcoming you to The Westin Dublin again.
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed in a Deluxe Suite for a weekend during the summer. The room was beautifully decorated, clean and bed was comfortable. It had a spiral staircase leading to a separate living/study with a nice big television. Staff were excellent and very accommodating. Definitely will stay there again sometime!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear TaraPatrica

I appreciate you taking the time to post your review following your stay with us in the summer.

I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us. I am delighted you were well looked after by the team and you enjoyed your accommodations.
I do look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

These people are great. The staff most accommodating (especially Sam the concierge). Gorgeous rooms, good food, amazing service. Cannot brag enough about them. Didn't have to touch our bags or move the car ourselves. Lovely, lovely experience. We were there 2 nights.

Room Tip: We didn't use a pool or spa.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Jennifer A

I am very happy that you had an enjoyable stay with us in the Westin Dublin. It is so encouraging to receive such kind comments from our guests. I am happy to hear that the team looked after you well, I will make sure to pass your kind comments to Sam from the concierge team.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Best regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Very good located Hotel, with well trained staff who make you feel home, they pay attention to every need. I went in a difficult time, being that Christmas and even tough is hard to work on that days the staff was very kind and polite and all the services of the hotel worked wonderfully.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear joseclscla

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed Christmas with us in The Westin Dublin.
Thank you again and I do look forward to welcoming you back again.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here about 8 weeks ago. (That's how long I have been waiting for someone to get back to me about my complaint, still waiting!!) When we arrived at the hotel we first went in to find out where we could park the car for the night. Excellent service here. As the westin staff took my car keys and kindly parked my car. Went to check in. Very slow. Allot of running back and forth to an office in the rear.

We were staying here as we were going to a concert. So when we eventually got our room key we left our bags in room and hurried off into Dublin.

We didn't return to late. By this time we were tired and just wanted to sleep. When we got into bed the covers were on upside down. However we were so tired we didn't bother turning them (thank god) and just went to sleep.

The next morning whilst getting ready to Ho for breakfast I noticed something on the underside of the upside down cover - it was BLOOD, and it didn't belong to either of us!!!!

We went down for breakfast. We waited a while at the desk to be seated. When the man came to seat us he asked for our room number. I gave him the room number and informed him as he scanned the list that we were booked "room only" and that he should add the cost of breakfast to our room.

We were seated and off I went to help myself at the buffett. It was nearly finishing time for breakfast and I have to say this was evident by the lack of food and drink left. I had to ask for pure juice and eggs.

Whilst I was eating my breakfast, a rather flamboyant young waiter came over to the table clutching our bill and loudly informed us that "in actual fact" breakfast was not included in our room. So loudly that the neighbouring tables stopped to listen. At this point I had to defend myself and tell him that I had already told him this.

After breakfast we went straight to our room to collect out belongings and go.

When we got to reception we were produced with the room account. Breakfast was there. Along with a parking charge of €25 for the night. I imagine that on a square inch basis the car paid more to stay than me. I am a frequent stayer at the Conrad where parking is €10 per night.

We told the receptionist all about our complaints. He may as well have been somewhere else as he stood staring into space repeating the words "I'll pass that on".

He then arranged for our car to be brought back. We were told they were busy and this may take 15 minutes. However, soon we were produced with the keys of a shiny new BMW. Lovely. However I own a three year old shogun.

This place is a disaster. I complained at reception - no response. Then I posted my complaints on their Facebook page - they deleted it

Do yourselves a favour. Try the Conrad folks.

Oh. And. I think someone else has already pointed this out. They charged us extra for a "city view" it's a block of cheap shops and a bus stop across the street.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Miss Fitzpatrick

Thank you very much for your review of The Westin Dublin.
We have already been in contact with you regarding your stay with us, however if you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to get in contact with us again.

Kind Regards
General Manager.

Been to Westin Dublin? Share your experiences!