“A child friendly experience in the heart of Dublin,” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Dublin

You added Westin Dublin to your Saves list
Westin Dublin
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   At College Green | Westmoreland Street, Dublin 2, Ireland   |
Special Price
Save 10% on Suites
Ranked #19 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
cork
“A child friendly experience in the heart of Dublin,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

A pre christmas family weekeend in Dublin, to take in Imaginocity and the Natural History Museum, was made all the more memorable by a great stay at the Westin Dublin. We always knew this was a great central location but travelling with two young children (aged 5 and 3) can add pressure to even the most organised parents. But from the moment we arrived, everything went like a dream. Check in was swift and friendly, the room was ready with the extra bedding for the children and to everyone's delight the friendly staff had left toys, books and bath amenities in the room for the small guests. We immediately felt special and at home. Breakfast each morning was a friendly affair, with the children being made feel special, plenty of attention paid to them and to our delight child friendly crokery and cutlery available! I cannot count the times that I have been to a restaurante or coffee shop and lamented the lack of child friendly items that mean that we all can relax at the table, without worrying about spillages or breakages. So this was just another touch that meant a lot to us and helped ensuring a relaxed and pleasurable experience for all. We cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
TheWestin, General Manager at Westin Dublin, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear sofia b
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at The Westin Dublin.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay while you were with us. I am happy to read that the team helped you enjoy your stay as a family. We understand that sometimes it can be difficult to travel with children and that is why, as you were able to discover, we have a large range of child friendly extras that help your visit as a family go more smoothly.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming and your family back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Best Regards
Andrew Henning,
General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel is in a perfect location for exploring Dublin. We stayed over for an international ruby game at the Aviva stadium which we walked to from the hotel (about 35min walk).

The service was good and we arrived on Saturday morning at around 12H00. Although check in is only at 15H00, we explained to the reception staff that we just landed after being on a flight all night and was very tired. The rugby game started at 17H00 and we had to get sum shut eye before the match or else we would not have made it. The bloke at reception did everything to try and get us into a room quickly. The hotel was fully booked and my father and I booked a twin deluxe room witch there are only a few of in the hotel. He phoned the cleaners to get the room cleaned and available a.s.a.p. We were in our room 20 minutes later! Excellent customer service as not many hotels would do this.
We stayed in room 139 witch is big and roomy. Everything in the room(air-con, remotes, coffee machine, hair dryer etc) worked perfectly. The best part of the stay was the comfy beds and beautiful marble bathroom.

We ate in the bar downstairs and both our meals were good! Breakfast the next morning was a treat as well and had everything you would expect from a 5star hotel.

I feel that this was reasonably prised and would definitely return on my next visit to Dublin.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear jetsetter10000
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments.
I am very happy to be reading your lovely comments after your stay with us. I am glad that the team helped you to enjoy your stay here in The Westin Dublin and were able to accommodate you early check in.
Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you to The Westin Dublin again soon.
donaghadee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed on Saturday night Sunday morning as we went down from the North for the Rugby .This is a truly excellent Hotel with really good staff who are both considerate and pleasant and not in an artificial way.I would highly recommend this establishment to anyone.The vallet parking was really good and highly efficient,the breakfast was great with top ups of fresh orange juice.Nothing was too much trouble.The room was emaculate and crisply clean.The bed was fit for a king and extremely comfortable,the headboard was something from a palacial mansion,really great!!The position of the Hotel is really what makes it so good ,you are two minutes walk from the entrance gate to Trinity and four minutes from the Dart to Landsdowne(Aviva)or a stones throw from the Hotel to the GPO in O Connell st.You are four minutes from Brown Thomas on Grafton Street which suits the wife of course!I have no negatives except one drunken Armagh man who let himself down a bucket full in front of his really embarrassed girl friend in the lift by rambling in a drunken state about something sexual.I could not blame this on the Hotel.Thankfully I never set eyes on this mupet again.

Room Tip: Top floor is lovely and quiet,really recommend!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at Westin Dublin, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear

I appreciate you taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us in The Westin Dublin.
I am delighted that your stay was enjoyable while you visited Dublin for the rugby. I am pleased to read that you were well received by our team when you stayed with us and that you enjoyed your accommodations during your stay.
I do look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had our weddiing at The Westin in September '12 and were very happy with the service and attention to detail before, during and after the day. The Westin's wedding co-ordinator Brigitte was fantastic in the run up as were all the staff on the day. The food was of a very high quality and was served punctually (which is often a challange at weddings) . The room itself ( The Banking Hall) is one of the nicest in Dublin and added a huge amount the the day.

We stayed at The Westin for three nights and found the service excellent on a day to day basis also. Thanks again to The Westin Team.

Adrian & Katie

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
TheWestin, General Manager at Westin Dublin, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear adrian_mullett
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts after your wedding in September we were very happy to be part of your special day.

I am delighted to be reading your comments and that we were able to help you enjoy your special event. It is kind words like yours that make our hard work worthwhile. I am pleased the Brigitte our wedding coordinator was able to guide you smoothly through the run up to your wedding day in The Banking Hall. Your kind comments will be well received by all the team.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.
Best regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in a writers room, lovely spacious room, quiet and very well equipped and spotless. Not to mention the fabulous beds! Staff friendly,helpful, and a relaxed feeling to the hotel. It is in an excellent location. This was a leisure trip but I travel a lot with work and its nice to find a hotel that gets everything right. Will certainly return & would recommend to anyone visiting Dublin.

Stayed October 2012
TheWestin, General Manager at Westin Dublin, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Sarah B

I am delighted to hear your stay was enjoyable while you visited Dublin and that you were well received by our team when you stayed with us. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your accommodations during your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This hotel is a warm and welcoming, situated right smack in the centre of Dublin a few hundred yards into the southside. The fact that this was originally a bank gives it a unique history and some amazing architecture. The centre if the hotel is an open atrium with cosy seating around the balcony where you can sit and read while people watching. If you get a chance to see the great hall you will marvel at the ceiling and the architecture in this wonderful venue for functions.
Staff are warm and helpful as befits the Westin brand.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
TheWestin, General Manager at Westin Dublin, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Tony B
I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent visit to The Westin Dublin.
We are very lucky with our central location and I am glad you the team looked after you during your stay. I am delighted to read that you were able to rest and rejuvenate you stayed with us.
I hope to welcome you to The Westin Dublin again.
Kind regards
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The Westin was a lovely hotel, excellent staff, centrally located in Dublin. You could pretty much walk to anything, and the tourist center and hop/on hop off bus is only a few blocks away. It is accross the street from Trinity College. It is an easy walk to Temple Bar. Rooms were lovely and very comfortable. Would definately reccomend to those staying in the city, and I will definately stay there again if going to Dublin.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Cdg4224

I appreciate the time you have taken to post your review of The Westin Dublin.

We have a fantastic location here right in the centre of Dublin and I am happy you could enjoy that. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

General Manager.

Been to Westin Dublin? Share your experiences!