“Comfiest beds” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Dublin

You added Westin Dublin to your Saves list
Westin Dublin
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   At College Green | Westmoreland Street, Dublin 2, Ireland   |
Special Price
Save 10% on Suites
Ranked #19 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Toronto, Canada
“Comfiest beds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is the comfiest beds I have ever slept in. The pillows were just right, you sunk into the mattress, the covers were fluffy and light. In addition to that, at arrival the valet was friendly and smiling, the reception had some amazing cucumber and lime water, the television screen had a "welcome!"" with our last names tagged on the end, and finally, the shower shampoo, conditioner and lotion all had a beautiful smell. So good I tried to bring it back to Canada with me (unfortunately I had it confiscated due to lack of a plastic bag during security :( )
When we were checking out at 5:00am, valet service was not available at the moment, but in compromise we were personally escorted to the car park (just in the basement of the building) and were helped loading and departing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
TheWestin, General Manager at Westin Dublin, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear ShonaK

Thank you dearly for the response you have posted and the time you have taken to do so. I am very happy that you had an enjoyable stay with us in the Westin Dublin. It is so encouraging to receive such kind comments from our guests.
I am happy to hear that the team were able to look after you and you were able to rest and rejuvenate and enjoy our ‘Heavenly Beds’.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Best regards,
General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

What a lovely hotel. The Westin staff were helpful, friendly and always ready to go the extra mile. The heavenly beds were so comfortable and the Atrium lounge perfect for afternoon tea, pre dinner drinks or just relaxing. The hotel is central with the Trinity college just across the road and Temple Bar and Grafton Street just a few minutes walk away. Altogether a lovely base from which to explore central Dublin.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at Westin Dublin, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear richardclarke

I appreciate you taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us in The Westin Dublin. I am delighted to hear your stay was enjoyable while you visited Dublin and that you were well received by our team when you stayed with us. I am happy that you were able to rest and rejuvenate and enjoyed our ‘Heavenly beds’ and the quiet calm of The Atrium.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Kind regards,
Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Was met by a very friendly and service minded staff.
We were upgraded to a king size suite for free, and the room was great. Big, clean and comfortable beds.
Its about 1 minute walk to the Temple bar street, so the location is perfect.

If you choose to stay here, be sure to check out the hotel bar, Mint Bar. Good loking bar, with good drinks served by a friendly staff.

I will most likely choose a Westin hotel the next time i have the choice. This is one of the top 3 hotels i´ve ever stayed in.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Chris k
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts, it is fantastic to read such a positive review which will be well received by all our team here.
I am very happy to read that you had a great stay with us when you were with us in The Westin Dublin and I am delighted that you enjoyed your accommodations.
I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Westin Dublin soon.
Manahawkin, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I recently stay at The Westin in Dublin and had a amazing time. The location is perfect for anyone who wants to explore the city or is there for business. A lot of major sights are just steps from the door or a short taxi ride.
For a room in Europe ours was big. The hotel staff was nice and friendly and our room was always clean when we came back from our day.
After being this spoiled I don't think I'd stay anywhere else!

• Stayed October 2012
TheWestin, General Manager at Westin Dublin, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear tara2487

I appreciate the time you have taken to post your review of The Westin Dublin.

We have a fantastic location here right in the centre of Dublin and I am happy you could enjoy that. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Kind regards,
Westford, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We are SPG members and stayed on points. Our room was located on the Starwood Preferred Guest floor (#4).

We had no problems with the check in process. The concierge service was wonderful every time we used it, which was often for recommendations for restaurants, tours and directions. The issues were mainly with the room, too soft of a bed, street noise and the room was very warm. The lack of an outlet in the bathroom to dry your hair should be corrected. Who wants to wake up someone else to dry your hair? The internet fee is excessive, $15 euro per day/per device. In this day and age with multiple i-devices that can get very expensive quickly. The afternoon tea was a wonderful experience, I recommend doing it if you can. We had breakfast at the restaurant on the main floor once, it was not worth it. There are so many other cute places to eat.

Overall, this is not the Westin standards that we have enjoyed at other locations.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at Westin Dublin, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Pamela F
I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent visit to The Westin Dublin.
I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay, at The Westin Dublin we strive to deliver a high standard of personalised service to all our guests and in this case it appears we let you down.
I am somewhat mollified to read that our afternoon tea expereince in The Atrium and concierge team were able to help you enjoy your time with us.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin.

Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stayed, for a weekend, in this hotel recently - very disappointing experience.

Phoned ahead to enquire about the parking facilities. The receptionist couldn’t tell me if there was anywhere to pull up outside the hotel. Was referred to the concierge, that wasn’t available. Seemed like a “its not my job answer” situation.
On checking in, at 5pm, we were told that our room wasn’t ready. Not the end of the world, we could plan around it. Sought a rough estimate on how long we would have to wait. If 20 mins we would wait and let our event know we would be delayed, if 2 hours we go ahead to our event. The receptionist couldn’t tell us. A very frustrating wait later we finally got checked in. Check in consisted of a swipe of the credit card, been given the keys and an attempt to sign up to a “loyalty card” - that was it.
The courtesy, at check in, of a basic orientation to the hotel and its facilities would have been very useful if not expected. Never the less we managed to find the elevator to the room ourselves. It did however limit greatly our utilisation of the hotel.
The check in experience tainted our weekend stay in the hotel. The smell of vomit that remained in the reception for over 6 hours on Saturday afternoon also didn’t help.
My understanding is that hotels get their star rating from a combination of facilities and service. The service experienced, as described above, was below what I expect from a 3 star hotel. The facilities available are still a mystery to me, as is the Westin retaining a 5 star rating.

My last minor bone of contention relates to their parking arrangements. When the hotel facilities are full they have an arrangement with a near by multi story car park. The preferential rate is a 3 euro reduction in the over night cost. From 28 euro down to 25 euro a night. I know that a 3 star hotel across the street has a rate of 10 euro a night in that very same multi story car park.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at Westin Dublin, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Dillon79
I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us; however I would like to offer my apologies for the poor service you experienced while you were with us.
At the Westin we strive to ensure that we deliver a high standard of personalised service to all our guests and I am disappointed to learn that on your visit you did not experience this fully.
I have addressed some of your highlighted issues with our Front Office manager and our Executive Housekeeper and we are looking into all the problems you experienced whild here.
However I would appreciate it if you could take the time to get in contact with me directly so we can I hope go some ways to resolving these issues.

NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is a can't go wrong hotel. Centrally located warm and welcoming. With all the amenities one would want of an expensive hotel. The rooms a clean and superbly quiet. A bar in the basement where local professionals hang out after work. Everybody within the hotel is helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
TheWestin, General Manager at Westin Dublin, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Kaivon r

It is a great pleasure and so encouraging to receive such positive feedback from our guests. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your Westin experience and I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin.

Kindest regards
Andrew Henning

Been to Westin Dublin? Share your experiences!