“dining experience” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Dublin

You added Westin Dublin to your Saves list
Westin Dublin
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   At College Green | Westmoreland Street, Dublin 2, Ireland   |
Special Price
Save 10% on Suites
Ranked #18 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Dublin, Ireland
“dining experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

i didnt stay in the hotel,i only went in the restaurant. was really disappointed. first time to have my dining experience in here was a lil bit disappointing.. would like to get a table for 2 and the waiter said that theres no table available at the moment but we can see that there is a couch in front of us. and i just ask if we could sit in there for a dessert he said yes. service was okay, really busy night id say. Second time i went with few friends didnt let us in. i asked if they have table for four and just said no. so we just went somewhere else. just a little but disappointed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
TheWestin, General Manager at Westin Dublin, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear missasdfghjkl
I appreciate you taking the time to post your review following your visit for dinner with us in The Westin Dublin.
I am disappointed to read that you were not completely happy with your experience The Exchange and that you were not able to enjoy dinner with us on your second visit. However I do hope that we will be able to welcome you again on perhaps another night when we are not so busy.
Kind regards
Andrew Henning

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

My husband and i stayed at the Westin for 5 nights on last august.The hotel situated in the middle of the "right" places. 5 mins from the tempel bar which is the area for the pubs and music,and few mins away from Grafton street which is a lovely area for caffes and resturants and shops.
The hotel facitilites are very nice and well kept. Service is very good and the persons who helped us at the receiption were very helpfull, and welcoming.
The room was spacisous,nice furnitures,coffe machine in the room,nice and big bathroom and the bed was very very compftable.The only small problem which bother us is that the coffee machine was not cleaned evry day..which i expect from this kind of hotel to do.
In overall this hotel was a good choice and i defently will come back to staye there when i will visit Dublin which i highyt recommend on !

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear ronitp
It is a great pleasure and so encouraging to receive such positive feedback from our guests. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your Westin experience and I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our team.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our fantastic location here in the centre of Dublin.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin.
Kindest regards
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The Westin is a perfect place to stay in Dublin. It has an excellent breakfast buffet. Although, it is the same each day the variety allows for a different breakfast each day. Ours was included with our room so it made it nice. Otherwise it is quite pricey.

Location is the key to this hotel. We took the AirLink from the airport and it dropped us off right across the street in front of Trinity College. Super easy. We bought the return ticket and the hop on hop off all at the same time and saved 4 Euro per person.

Hop On Hop Off is the way to go on the first two days. First off you will be tired so it is good to map out the city on the top of the bus (Bring a rain jacket). Then you can go back to those places you want to later. There is a stop right across the street from the hotel.

If you don't plan on spending a lot of time in Dublin you have to go to Trinity College and see the Book of Kells. It is directly across the street.

The other things that were helpful was a blow dryer and an American plug. It is under the desk and very helpful since my adapter didn't work.

They stored our luggage for us since our room was not ready when we arrived. They have a secure location and we felt very comfortable leaving our things there.

Perfect vacation! Thanks!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear DDT33
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments.
I am very happy to be reading your lovely comments after your stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet in The Exchange, we are very lucky with our fantastic location in the centre of Dublin.
We look forward to welcoming you to The Westin Dublin again soon.
Kind regards,
General Manager.
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I was a very regular guest at this hotel for 18 months. It's location is excellent, and the rooms upto the normal Westin standard. Food is good. Staff generally OK, but has been spoiled on one or two ocasions with inappropriate atitude.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
TheWestin, General Manager at Westin Dublin, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Bollyboy 74NK
I appreciate you taking the time to post your review following your stay with us in The Westin Dublin.
I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay, at The Westin Dublin we strive to deliver a high standard of personalised service to all our guests and in this case it appears we let you down.
I would like to urge you to contact me directly if you would like to discuss this matter further.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon to The Westin Dublin.
Kind regards
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The Westin is a beautiful hotel in probably the best location in Dublin. The service is extremely friendly, just as it should be. Spacious rooms and delicious breakfast. Definitely 5 stars from me and I will have no doubt where to stay next time I'm in Dublin.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
TheWestin, General Manager at Westin Dublin, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Feedmenowplease,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your lovely feedback following your stay with us. It is great to receive such positive feedback from our guests. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I've stayed here a few times and the fact I'm a SPG member certainly sways my hotel choice on this.
Location is good.
Rooms are fine a little bland and Irish - particularly the bathrooms - single sink, twin taps, small shower. A nice westin bed of course and probably a big saving grace to the room.
Club sandwich on room service is delicious and well worth having. I wish all hotel club sandwiches were like this. Even if all Westins clubs were like that would be a good starting point.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear CtHelsBells,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review following your stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room service meal and our Westin Heavenly Beds.

Again, many thanks for providing us with your feedback, and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Newtownards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed in Westin Dublin for one night in September. Wonderful hotel with a fantastic location. All staff we encountered were welcoming, efficient and pleasant. We were fortunate enough to be upgraded and our room (on the fifth floor) was one of the best and definitely the most quiet hotels rooms I have stayed in (although of course the rooms beside us could have been empty but I don't believe that was the case). Extremely well thought out layout and all necessary amenities. Very tasty breakfast. The location of the hotel is second to none. Just across the road from the entrance to Temple Bar which means you have easy access to all the pubs/bars/restaurants you could need but with the advantage of a quiet location. Also about 5 minutes walk to the shops on both Grafton Street and O'Connell Street. Would not hesitate to recommend a stay at the Westin and hope to be back soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear hevs33,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback following your stay with us. It is great to receive such positive feedback from our guests. I am really pleased that The Westin Dublin team made you feel welcome and met your needs during your stay. I am also delighted to hear that you were able to take full advantage of our city centre location.

Thank you very much for this feedback and I hope to welcome you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Andrew Henning

Been to Westin Dublin? Share your experiences!