“Many good things but 15 Euro Wifi” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Dublin

You added Westin Dublin to your Saves list
Westin Dublin
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   At College Green | Westmoreland Street, Dublin 2, Ireland   |
Special Price
Save 10% on Suites
Ranked #19 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Hampton, New Hampshire
“Many good things but 15 Euro Wifi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

The location is terrific, the rooms are nice, staff friendly but...... At the end of a weeks tour of Ireland, the most expensive hotel wanted 15 Euro for 24 hours of Wifi, no other hotel we stayed charged (and we stayed at hotels, Inns and B&B'sh . It just leaves a bad taste.
On the bright side the location is exceptional, across the road from Temple Bar, Grafton Street, O'Connell Strret are right there. The Mint bar downstairs is a good hang out spot for a nightcap if you can tear yourself away from the fun at Temple Bar.
The Wedin group needs to look at their wifi policy, if you travel first class you should not have to be nickel and dimed. There are lots of good alternatives in Dublin!

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at Westin Dublin, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Dear SteveJ59

I appreciate you taking the time to post your review following your stay with us. I am very glad you enjoyed our fantastic location.

I am delighted to hear your stay was enjoyable while you visited Dublin and our team helped you to enjoy your stay. We are currently addressing the issues around Wi Fi and free facilities will be available quite soon.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

Love this Westin location, staff & dining. Would highly recommend & will stay again. Close walk to Temple Bar, Trinity College & hop on hop off bus stops. Wonderful high tea, wine & mezzanine parlor for relaxing after a long day sight seeing! Perfect staff attentiveness!

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Tish2424

Thank you very much for posting your review of The Westin Dublin. It is so encouraging to receive such kind comments from our guests.

I am pleased to be reading your review at this time, and you enjoyed our afternoon tea and the Atrium while you were here with us.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel again.

Yours sincerely,
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

From the moment we checked in to the time we checked out, staff were very friendly and accommodating. All the staff members we encountered were approachable and always willing to answer any questions we had. The location was central and close to the tourist information center. We were able to walk to most attractions. Would definitely stay here again if visiting Dublin.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear N H

I appreciate the time you have taken to post your review of The Westin Dublin.

I am very happy that you enjoyed you rvisit with us. We have a fantastic location here right in the middle of Dublin and I am delighted you were able to enjoy all the visitors attractions. I am very pleased to read that our team was able to help you while you were staying with us.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin soon.

Peterborough, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Great location central to all attractions. Beautiful facility, wonderful staff.
Recommend it highly to anyone visiting Dublin.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at Westin Dublin, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear Dave/Rose

I am delighted to hear your stay was enjoyable while you visited Dublin and that you found our location convenient. We hope to welcome you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Excellent location close to shops, clubs, and Trinity University. The hub of the action if you are walking. Service is superb. Room is clean, bright, and cheery. My wife had a cold and the staff was very attentive to her needs. The bar actually knows how to make a mixed drink such as a Manhatten which is rare for European bars. The concierge was invaluable in planning excursions, etc.

Room Tip: Be an SPG member.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Spanish Fort, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

I stayed at the Westin Dublin in March 2012. The location is perfect! It is at the Temple Bar district, O'Connell Street, one block from the "hop on-hop off" bus stop, next to Trinity College and within walking distance to many restaurants, pubs, shopping and two Starbucks:) The hotel itself is fabulous! It is the nicest hotel I have stayed at in all of Europe so far:) Very comfortable bed and spacious room. The staff was fantastic as well. Although we did not eat or drink at the hotel much, there was a nice restaurant and a couple of nice bars.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
TheWestin, General Manager at Westin Dublin, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Dear LynnTed1

I appreciate the time you have taken to post your review of The Westin Dublin, thank you for your kind words.

We have a fantastic location here right in the middle of Dublin and I am happy you could enjoy the central location. I am very happy to read that we were able to help you rest and rejuvenate while you were staying with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Donegal Town, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

The hotel couldn't be more central; perfect for just a couple nights in Dublin without time to familiarize one's self with the rail systems. I stayed here in November 2011, travelling with my parents who were to meet my husband's family who still reside in Ireland. The hotel has a great door man, Peter who recommended seeing Trim on our way North to Donegal. After leaving, I was disgusted to find that I had been charged 30 euro for a five minute phone call to a Dublin phone number. As much help as the girls at the front desk were, they didn't have the authority to reverse the charges when I returned a few days later; nor was anyone willing to grant them the authority.
After leaving, I expressed my feelings on Hotels.com and was contacted by Diego Roggero, who is a manger there. He was happy to refund the excess charges, and dealt with me directly in a very professional manner. In the end, a very positive experience in customer service.
Thank you Peter and Diego!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dear NHandBeyond

We do value all feedback from our guests, both positive and negative, as this is the only way to ensure we continue to grow and evolve as a business. I am sorry about the mix-up you experienced with your phone bill, I am very glad that Diego was able to look after you with this issue.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

General Manager.

Been to Westin Dublin? Share your experiences!