“Great location ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Blooms Hotel

You added Blooms Hotel to your Saves list
Blooms Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Anglesea Street | Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Ireland (South City Centre)   |
Ranked #110 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
“Great location ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We were here for a business trip, but combined it with a short holiday. The location of this hotel is great, the rooms were good. Even though I don't mind the staff being foreign they couldn't advice us were to go for dinner or how to get to certain tourist attractions, pity. There is a nightclub in the basement, but we were here mid week so we didn't experience much noise problems. Overall we had a good stay and really enjoyed Dublin!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to make your review of your stay with us, a pleasure to read it was enjoyable and that you found value with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back hopefully in the near future.

Kris Kumar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We got a great deal for flight and 4 nights in this hotel and we enjoyed our vacation from the minute we landed in Ireland.

The location of the hotel is perfect. After a night out in Tempel Bar you can just fall into your bed.

The staff was really friendly and helpful with everything (even did our online check in and printed the tickets for us).

Our room was on the fourth floor and we had a beautiful view of the roofs of Dublin. The room was quite spacious and clean. One morning when we had a hangover and couldn't get up, the houskeeping even left a little bag at our door with fresh towels, toilet papers and some cookies.

Drink vouchers and really friendly bartenders made our stay perfect.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank your for your kind review. The team were thrilled when I shared your comments with them. I am very glad that you found our location, facilities and service worthy of your recommendation and I thank you for that and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Cork, Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed here for a concert in vicar street and it does what it says on the tin, it is a place to stay, Not frilly but I found the room to be quite big and there were a few TV channels to watch. The mattress was very firm and the pillows were not great, I felt a bit stiff when I woke.

I actually found the front desk really helpful and nice.

I will say make sure you park in the fleet street parking lot if you have a car as they give a fairly big discount on this and it is just around the corner ( I think i paid 16 euros for overnight parking until noon)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for making time to post your feedback further to your stay in the Blooms Hotel.

I agree that our very central location is a big plus in addition to discounted car parking for our hotel guests.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Meath, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Very rude front desk. It's in the middle of Temple bar, but they lock the front door before 12 and make you wait and check your name to even let you in.
They locked a friend of mine outside and wouldn't let him wait in the lounge while I went to pick up something fro my room.

It's a pretty average hotel anyway, with a great location, which is spoiled by terrible staff and stupid rules.
Avoid, there is much better value for money in Dublin.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I am disappointed to read that you left us with such a dissatisfied experience. I would very much appreciated the opportunity to redeem ourselves in your esteem, it would be my pleasure if you contact me directly when booking and I will ensure that next experience with us is to the high standards we set ourselves.

cork
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Firstly have found common ground with many of these reviews. The staff here at the front desk are terrible, they are in the hospitality industry but they all need to be retrained. The €50 deposit reared its head when we had already paid over the phone no one mentioned this and when we checked out from our room the man at reception rang housekeeping to check the room before we got this back, I found this an outrageous level of trust and can assume that Blooms think everyone is on the rob. Rooms fine after all its a 3* but expect to see a lot of stains on ur room carpet and treat yourself to some toilet roll unless u like sandpaper. And that brings me to the noise we attended a concert at the nearby Olympia so were half deaf on our return but the noise coming from outside and doors constantly being closed inside would have awoken a hibernating bear, they would be better advised giving everyone complementary earplugs instead of a drink voucher. Told them at reception when I was arguing with them over not knowing about the €50 deposit that I would not be coming back to stay here they just didn't care. So if you love embracing noise and get a kick from being treaded like your not important then this is the place for you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

It disappoints me greatly that your stay with us was somewhat marred due to these issues and I would like to extend my sincere apologies for that.

I would like to inform you that €50 deposit is our hotel policy which was clearly mentioned in your terms & conditions when you booked the room. Also Had we been aware of quiet room or about cleanliness of the room on the night of your stay with us, we would have been in a position to offer you a room move. I can thus personally assure you that your feedback you have provide us will definitely assist my team in becoming better at what we do.

I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again in the future. Please contact me personally before your next visit to The Blooms Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some our renowned hospitality.

Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Great location for both Temple Bar area and city center. Within walking distance to Trinity College and National Gallery plus other points of interest.
Convenience store and coffe shop directly around the corner.

Room was simple with no frills and clean. Bring your own shampoo & conditioner as all that was available was a shampoo /body wash combo. Beds very comfortable - very firm matteresses. No room wifi but did get coupon for free half pint at the adjoining pub!

Work being done on building exterior. Room was only one on property that had scaffolding right outside window. There was a letter of acknowledging and apologizing for the disturbance, however; I would be surprised if hotel was full and would have preferred a different room assignment.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Your kind and generous comments are very much valued and appreciated. I do hope that on your next visit you will stay with us again at The Blooms Hotel, I am confident that on the near completion of our refurbishments you will be as pleased with our facilities as we are.

Thank you for taking the time to make your review.

Irvine, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Overall the hotel was average. Our room for three people was very small, cramped, and the beds folded in half when you sat or laid on them. We asked if they had other rooms or beds and they were completely booked. The final night of three they upgraded us to a very nice corner room with a balcony and a larger room. Overall because of the low price and good service I only say average. Next time though for a few dollars more I would say and stay without a doubt to check out the Temple bar hotel. Classy and much cleaner! Trust me on this one! Cheers, Mateo...

Room Tip: Quad Room even if you have less people!