“Great for a Party Weekend away” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Blooms Hotel

You added Blooms Hotel to your Saves list
Blooms Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Anglesea Street | Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Ireland (South City Centre)   |
Ranked #107 of 175 Hotels in Dublin
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great for a Party Weekend away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

The Blooms hotel is perfect for anyone looking for affordable accommodation in the heart of Dublin, if you are there to have a party!! We went for my boyfriend’s birthday for a long weekend. The location was perfect for us, about a hundred steps away from all the pubs and bars. The hotel was a lot cheaper than anything else I could find in the same area. The room isn’t great, it is quite small, but is it is clean and the beds are comfy, which is really all that we were after for the weekend. The shower could have been improved on as it was very week, but besides that there were no other niggles.

Yes the hotel is right above a rather noisy nightclub, however this did not bother us at all as we were ourselves out for both nights until 3am when it closes.

Basically if you are after a place that is cheaper than the rest of the hotels in Temple Bar (which are all bloomin’ well expensive!) that is no frills but clean and comfy, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Turkish first
Kent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

I stayed at the Blooms hotel during St Patrick's Weekend (17-19 March) with my boyfriend and a group of friends.
We had decided to visit Dublin partially as a surprise birthday weekend away for my boyfriend, but also to partake in the St Patricks celebrations and to soak up the atmosphere of the RBS 6 nations finals.

Blooms hotel is smack bang in the centre of Temple Bar - the main night-life area of Dublin city; so if you are after a quiet weekend get away, you will not get it here! Especially during St Patricks weekend!
However, as we fully intended to be out partying most of the time we were there, the hotel was ideally situated for us. All the main bars/pubs/clubs are within short walking distance, with there even being a bar (the VAT House) attached to the hotel and a night club (Club M).

Check in was rather slow; the receptionist couldn't quite grasp that we wanted to pay for our rooms up front, most of us by cash, therefore negating the need to take credit card details. Once the initial confusion was cleared up, we were able to go to our rooms (no information provided by the receptionist where to go, but fairly self explanatory!). My boyfriend and I were fortunate enough to be on the third floor and at the end of a corridor, which I think must have reduced a lot of noise from the street/bars and other guests. Although some noise could be heard in our room, it wasn't as much as we had expected, particularly for Paddy's Day!

The room was very basic, but clean and it had the added bonus of a safe - perfect to leave cash/valuables/passports in. The room did have a hair dryer, but I still used my own as I find the one's in hotels aren't very powerful. My boyfriend was pleased that there was a flat screen TV in the room - heaven forbid he should go without one, even for 2 days! The bathroom was spotless and the shower was quite good.
I was initially pleased to see the hotel had provided two pillows for each guest, but they were so solid, you couldn't get comfortable! The only thing missing was tea/coffee making facilities; they would have been most welcome!

Blooms - take note: new softer pillows and tea/coffee making facilities please!

All communal areas of the hotel seemed clean and well looked after, despite the heavy 'traffic' passing through the hotel that weekend! The VAT House bar became a regular watering hole for us over the weekend - not that we saw much of it on Paddy's Day as it was absolutely packed! However, the other occasions we popped in there, we found the staff to be polite and friendly (even on Paddy's Day when they were rushed off their feet!) and the food was good too! I can recommend their steak ciabatta and loaded potato skins!

Overall, I would recommend Blooms for a friends weekend away, due to the location and atmosphere. If you are looking for a quiet and/or romantic weekend away, then I would stay elsewhere, just out of the main Temple Bar area. My boyfriend and I stayed at The Arlington, Temple Bar last time we visited Dublin which is just on the edge of Temple Bar and much quieter.

If your plans involve a weekend partying in Dublin, then Blooms Hotel is for you!

Room Tip: If you're after a quieter room, ask for third floor or above, preferably at the end of a corrido...
Armagh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Checked in and was told we would have to pay a 50euro deposit, I said this had never been mentioned when we booked the room and the receptionist just shrugged his shoulders. It also states on the hotels website that they have a residents bar, we went back to the hotel at 11.30 and we're told the residents bar was not open. Found a pair of ladies underwear hanging on the door in the bathroom and rubbish and receipts on the floor from what must have been previous guests, which makes you wonder if the room was even cleaned before we arrived.

Next morning someone just walked into the room while we were still in bed without even knocking, not sure if this was a cleaner, but checkout time was 12pm and this was at 10am. Said it to person at reception when checking out and he tried to say this happened because we had already checked out!!! Would never return and will advise all my friends not to.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

booked blooms for st patricks day weekend, on arrival and after our check in and after unpacking, went down too hotel bar for a bite too eat and a welcome drink, had while i had a gin &tonic my husband went too find a cash point, after a long walk too find one he returned to join me and we order our food which was not great burger meat over cooked and dried up. so after i ate my food got up too go too the ladies and then thats when i notice my bag was missing, i told the bar staff right away and they called the manager who called the garda, who came very qiuckly and were great, and the guy was on cctv, but the garda think they were flown in from other countrys. but the hotel never informed guests too be carefull with there bags and even after my was taken they still did not tell guests at check in, they charged us for our food , and even charged us for the nights stay, we checked out next morning as our weekend was stolen along with my bag, yes the manager give us a few drinks at the bar, but we could no longer injoy our stay, so retried early. the garda were very surprised the hotel made us pay, and even said on sunday when i spoke too them on the phone they were going too do something for us so as we would return too dublin, even the train station manager aloud me too travel back home free of charge as my ticket was in my purse. so please be careful when in dublin.

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
BloomsHotelTempleBar, Manager at Blooms Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
We are very sorry and sympathise for the theft of your bag. We did everything we could following the circumstances. The Garda were called straight away and we identified the culprit. We viewed the CCTV together. As with any city we all need to be very vigilant with our belongings and cannot leave them unattended especially on the busiest weekend of the year. We are not responsible for people’s belongings in public areas and we do urge people to be vigilant. You may not have noticed but we did have signs up warning people to mind their belongings. We sent two members of staff out on the streets to try and find the culprit or recover your bag; unfortunately we did not find him. I don’t think we could have done any more for you in the circumstances and we responded with great haste in the matter. We gave you and your Husband complimentary drinks as a gesture of good will, to the value of € 70.00. I spoke with you after the incident and informed you that if you did not wish to stay for your second night that we would waive the seven day mandatory cancellation fee again as a gesture of good will and this was fulfilled. As you can appreciate this weekend had great demand for rooms and the sale of this room was also lost. We wish you all the best and hope your next visit to Dublin is not tarnished with such regrettable circumstances.
Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

Location great. Noise from street and nightclub probably not a problem if you are a late night reveller, I had to sleep with TV blaring to block out the noise, however i did expect this because of where it was. Area bustling, plenty of choice of nightlife.
Room itself was bright, modern and clean, well maintained and bed comfortable. Would benefit from tea / coffee making facilities. 1st hotel I have stayed in for a long time not to have these. Good value for what I paid. Would stay again, mainly due to location.

Room Tip: Higher floors further from nightclub noise.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
BloomsHotelTempleBar, Manager at Blooms Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review us, As we are in the Heart of the bustling Temple bar there will be some noise from the great night life in the area.
Kinsale, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

stayed here for two nights
The rooms are pretty spartan yet clean
The bar is a great asset with complimentary vouchers
The location is as good as you can get .
High rise car park very close by - great asset

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012 via mobile

Receptionist was snappy and cranky. We wantes to check in early. 4 people and two rooms. They had one ready. Not fair on 4 people needing to shower and change. I expected location to be noisy so that didnt bother me. No kettle in the room no extra blanket or duvet or pillows. One bonus was free drink at bar on arrival. Wont be returning unless i was gonna spend less than an hr in the room!!

• Stayed February 2012
We apologise for the snappy and cranky receptionist, She was just freshly trained and found it tough under pressure. Our check in time is from 3pm so as a busy hotel it is not possible to have all rooms available before that time. We tried to accommodate you with one room that was ready. We do not advertise that we have tea or coffee making facilities on our website or on any other sites, but if this was requested we would have kindly supplied one. The same also applies to the pillows or blankets, They would have been supplied on request. We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us a review and we will use it to enhance our offering.

Been to Blooms Hotel? Share your experiences!