“Great break” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
newry
“Great break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed here in January on a girly weekend. Had a great relaxing weekend with friends. Staff were great & good value for money for hotel in dublin. Next time I plan trip to Dublin I will be staying in Camden court

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here in January for one night whilst meeting some friends in Dublin. Hotel is situated close to St. Stephen's Green and a 10/12 min walk to Grafton Street. Rooms were clean and comfortable - booked a triple and had 2 single beds plus a double. Lighting is atrocious in the bedrooms - don't expect to put on make up, dry hair, look at yourself in a mirror or find anything that has fallen outside the range of the awful lighting.

We had breakfast included and it was good, everything you needed continental plus cooked breakfast from a buffet - however the staff in the breakfast were a bit too militant about where you could sit - we were moved 4 times. I know they probably had to set up for lunch but they could have been a bit more civil about the whole thing as there was no signs/areas cordoned off. All in all the stay was good, we got a good rate and we didn't have to spend too long in the poorly lit room as we were out and about. Would I return? Yes, if we got a good rate.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room on a higher floor.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I was here on my own overnight on a business trip - having never been to Dublin before. I arrived in the late evening and the staff were extremely helpful in making sure I had everything I needed including a table in the restaurant. I didn't take up the dinner in the restaurant as the lighting was so low I could not read and there was not a table that had better lighting. So I had room service and it was GREAT! It was quite cold (and wet) outside but the room temp was very comfortable. only downside was no fridge.... I was delivering a large training course the next day in the hotel and again the staff were so helpful everything was on time and the lunch service was brilliant. Unfortunately I had to rush to the station at the end of the day and I left my laptop charger in the training room. The staff found it and arranged for it to be picked up ans sent back to me in the UK - now isn't that good service! I am now making arrangements for me and my husband to return for a long weekend as it was such a nice place.

Room Tip: I had a double room overlooking the street, the secondary glazing was good and the noise levels were...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Rebekah L, Online Reputation Manager at Camden Court Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Gillian,
Thank you for your wonderful feedback on our hotel. We're delighted you found our staff extremely helpful and they could accommodate for all your needs during your stay. We do strive to offer the best standard of service possible throughout the hotel and room service is no exception. The conference and banqueting staff are delighted to learn you were delighted with their services. Please do get in touch when you plan to come back again with your husband. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
N.Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I travelled with my mum, my friend and her mum for an overnight stay on 12th January 2013. We booked the hotel online and didn't really know what to expect from a 3star hotel sometimes it's hit or miss. This is definitely a hit! The rooms are very clean and contemporary, the reception area is very welcoming and lots of seating areas to sit and people watch, enjoy a drink and a chat and so on. We did not have time to use the leisure facilities but really regret not as they looked fabulous. We chose to head out for dinner despite the wonderful menu in the hotel and the reception staff were very helpful in recommending local restaurants. I will definitely return to this hotel without a doubt and would not hesitate in recommending it to anyone!

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed here in December for one night and to be honest it is about all I could afford. While the rooms are very confortable, the location is excellent (5 minutes from the main shopping area of dublin), the services good and the food in the restaurant (I only tried breakfast) more than adequate, the price is somewhat high when compared to other properties in the same location. Yes it is quieter than the Jackson Court and the Harcourt hotels around the corner but it is not much cheaper than the superior Stephens Green hotel just down the road.

Having said that I slept soundly and enjoyed a hearty breakfast the following morning. The bar was very quiet but it was midweek and the bar staff were not the chattiest or friendliest bunch. Would recommend it for its standard and location but if you are staying for an extended stay and want value the Harrington Hall or Stephens Green or similar might also be worth a visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Camberley, Surrey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Thought my 3 night stay over new year was a good visit and staff were really incredibly helpful and polite. However, the place itself is a bit tired hence the 'average' review.

Here are a few random thoughts:
- Staff all well trained and very helpful - 100 for attitude.
- No safe in the rooms
- No fridge in the rooms
- Room and bathroom I have was generally a bit tired.
- Location is reasonable - 5 mins to St Stephens Green and 15/20 to some downtown locations
- Good sports bar next door. Sports bar in hotel was very expensive
- Breakfast was a fairly reasonable spread with plenty of choices!
- Good plus to get overnight guest parking on-site and for free (if you leave before
- Pool / Sauna / Steam facilities were slightly tired but poorly laid out changing room location and lack of adequate seating near pool was disappointing.

I would rate this more as a functional business hotel in a business area than a couples ideal weekend city-break hotel

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Stirling, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Can't fault the hotel. Lovely rooms, VERY comfy beds, wonderful spa facilities. Great location for walking into town and lots of eating options near by. The breakfast was excellent - lots of choice. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We're delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Indeed we get many lovely comments on our comfy beds. Our staff will be delighted you found the breakfast excellent in terms of choice. Thank you for choosing to come stay with us and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Been to Camden Court Hotel? Share your experiences!