“Lovely stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cassidys Hotel

You added Cassidys Hotel to your Saves list
Cassidys Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cavendish Row, Upper O'Connell Street, Dublin 1, Ireland   |
Ranked #53 of 171 Hotels in Dublin
Wales
“Lovely stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Had a two night stay at Cassidy's Hotel, and found it to be a clean, warm and welcoming hotel. The room was spacious and the bed comfortable, plenty of choice at breakfast, and the hotel bar was really nice with friendly staff and good food.
This hotel is a good location for shopping, bars and the Dublin bus tour (highly recommended) and I would definitely stay there again next time I visit Dublin.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Goulburn, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful hotel! This was our last stop before flying home to Australia after a 7 week European holiday. We were early for check in, so left our luggage there & went to find some breakfast. When we returned, we were checked in with no hassle & headed to our room with the assistance of a porter & luggage trolley.

Our room was spacious enough for us & had one luggage rack, my husband stored his suitcase on the lounge in the room. The bed was only a double but it was comfortable & had 2 pillows each. We both slept pretty well.

My husbands always been a very early riser so each morning he'd go downstairs for a cigarette & coffee while I slept in. He struck up a conversation with Paul, one of the night desk clerks/barmen on our first morning there & did so each following morning. One morning they chatted for 2 hours & my husband said the time just flew. Paul was such a lovely man with a great personality & wicked sense of humour. I told him how much I loved his accent he laughed & said "this is my posh one for work".
He helped us heaps by answering our questions, helping with directions & giving us great tips. A wonderful asset to Cassidy's hotel. I hope they appreciate him & what he brings to the hotel. He made our stay there fantastic!

Wifi was good, no hassles.

Breakfast was nice. Nothing too flash. It was a hot/cold buffet & we always left satisfied. The cut up fruit though always looked a bit unappetising so we didn't have any, it just looked mushy. I like a strong coffee but wow, the coffee was so strong I couldn't drink it so we opted for tea on the followings days which was lovely.

Downstairs, Groome's bar & restaurant six were lovely. The food was delicious, the service great & the atmosphere fantastic!

Overall, we'd definitely stay at Cassidy's again & would highly recommend it to anyone. Say hi to Paul from us & ask him about the replica pistol. he'll know what you're talking about.

And as Cassidy's motto says, it's a little gem in the heart of Dublin! So true!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Weymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Just perfect for our needs i.e a few days in Dublin. Near enough to the centre and bus stops if required, but just far enough away from the hustle and bustle. Staff excellent and went out of their way to help us when we had a few problems with the airline.
We arrived at 10.00am on day of check in hoping to leave our bags and come back later, but a room was available straight away which was fantastic.
My only slight comment would be that the room was very hot, hence the difficulty in sleeping. Other than that, it was lovely and I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in August 2013 in an executive room at the rear of the property. It is extremely well situated at the centre of the action in Dublin and very close to a stop for the airport bus which was most convenient. The staff were most obliging and the room was comfortably furnished and quiet.
I can highly recommend a visit to Murrays Bar (5 minutes walk) for good food and excellent music.

Room Tip: I would recommend booking a room in the executive wing as the original rooms in the older part of th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel in a great location. The price was very cheap. Will def stay there again. It was beside all the tour buses and you cld walk to all the big shopping streets. We had a 3 month old baby with us and the staff were all brilliant. They always wanted to help us. Room was a little small for all the stuff that comes wit a baby but the price and location made up for it.

• Stayed October 2013
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The location of this hotel is good. The staff was very pleasant. There is no air conditioning. We went in late September. It was extremely warm in our room. The window opened onto the street and it was very noisy. Breakfast was from 7:30 to 11am. We arrived around 10:30. There was very little left to choose from. What there was looked like it had been there from 7:30. The room was very small compared to all the rooms we stayed in in Ireland.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Marion Station, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We checked into the Cassidy and found we had to walk a country mile to our room. Go down this hall, turn right, go to the end of the next hallway through double doors, find elevator, take it down one floor, walk past the spa and find the next elevator, take it to 4th floor, then down the hall to your room. We literally had to walk through a passageway to another building. Most inconvenient. Room could not access wifi.

We arrived early and asked the hotel to hold our luggage. They did. Then when my husband retrieved it, one piece was missing. After calling me by cell and getting the claim number (I had the claim tickets) they finally found the missing bag, but not my missing neck pillow which was attached to one of the bags. The hotel staff was unapologetic.

Later when we checked out my husband was waiting in the lobby for me with our luggage when a hotel porter carried off one of our bags to include with someone else's luggage. My husband, who was reading his kindle in the chair next to the luggage luckily caught this action and stopped it, but had to argue with the porter that the bag was ours.

Was so glad to leave the Cassidy. Will never return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Cassidys Hotel? Share your experiences!