“Perfect weekend hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 174 Hotels in Dublin
Vaasa, Finland
“Perfect weekend hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed three nights at this hotel with a friend and we were very pleased with the hotel. The location is convenient in the city centre but still in a quiet area. The room was just as on the pictures so no surprises and the beds were comfortable.

Most of the staff were very polite and we appreciated the airport transfer at 5am. They also arranged continental breakfast for us and brought it to the room at 4.30 am without a tray charge.

I would defenitely stay at this hotel again and can recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
NorthStarhotel, Manager at North Star Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing The North Star Hotel for your recent trip to Dublin, I do hope you enjoyed the city. I hope if you have to opportunity to revisit Dublin you will choose to stay with us again.

Rhona

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
  • Turkish first
Cork, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The staff at this hotel are very friendly. The room was a good size and was very clean. The bed was comfortable and I slept well. Breakfast was included and there was a good selection. I had a snack in the foyer but service was very slow. It was a bit of a trek into the city centre which wasn't that nice as the weather was wet. It was good value for money but next time I would stay a little bit closer to the main shopping areas.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Your reference to our location surprises me, as other reviewers have commented we are a 10 minute walk to Henry Street and O'Connell Street, or
alternatively the Luas which is opposite the hotel is 5mins to Jervis Street. It is unfortunate that the weather was unpleasant during your stay, certainly not ideal for taking Dublin in by foot.

cork
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Access to rooms was difficult - had to carry heavy bags up stairs to before reaching lifts. We had a lot of trouble getting wifi coverage in the rooms. Beds were comfortable, bathrooms were clean. Reception staff didn't seem particularly friendly. They weren't rude, but not welcoming. I felt like I was interrupting their work when I wanted to pay before leaving. Car park attendants were lovely, and very helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I regret to read that your stay was not a totally positive one. I would be most surprised if porterage assistance was not offered which is available 24hrs for luggage assistance and general assistance. Our front office team are normally praised for their customer service and I have passed your comments onto our front office manager. I sincerely hope that you may in the future allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves in your estimations.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Nice clean hotel, there were no towels on arrival, the toilet seat was broken and tv remote faulty but all quickly fixed by the following day. It was Very noisy in the mornings as the maids station was outside my room, they never stopped yakking. The safe parking area was good and secure.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

I apologise for the inconveniences you incurred, most certainly not our normal standards. We have a diligent procedure in place with regards the checking and repairing of maintenance issues, I regret that on this occasion our procedure lacked. I do hope you will not be deterred from revisiting with us please do contact us directly.

Kind regrds,
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I always say I will, but never actually get around to writing a review after my stay at a hotel. However, after enjoying my stay at The North Star Hotel, Dublin so much I have had to change my ways so here goes! As the title says my stay was so good in fact that I changed my original two night stay to four!

I jumped on a bus at Dublin Airport and was dropped less than two minutes walk from the Hotel. Upon arrival I was greeted by the most courteous of staff who upgraded me for free to the most amazing room with balcony on the 8th floor. The room was enormous and also came with complementary admission to the members bar which although I didn't drink at, did pop my head in, and was impressed with decor and relaxed atmosphere.

Room itself was spotless and contemporary and you wanted for nothing. It was beautifully sunny and so balcony doors open were a must. Yes you do hear passing trains but it really didn't bother me in fact I quite liked it, felt very NYC and these stopped well before I went to sleep.

I did discover a faulty flashing light bulb in the bathroom but this was dealt with so swiftly it made no impact on my stay at all.

I had a delicious salad and Prosecco in the downstairs bar and restaurant McGettigans and was also given a token for free Prosecco with main meal which was very welcome! I didn't have breakfast so can't comment but did walk past the spacious room in which it was held and noticed guest being seated immediately and other satisfied looking ones eating!

They have a small but well equipped gym and sauna which I had for my personal use every time I visited.

Brilliant location for bus station, train station and taxi’s and easy walk to convenience stores including Tesco.

I can't rate this hotel highly enough and have booked it again for my upcoming stay. Can’t wait to return!

Don't hesitate book right away.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
NorthStarhotel, Manager at North Star Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

It is great to read that your recent stay with us was so thoroughly enjoyable and indeed so much so that you extended your stay. Thank you for making the time to post your review, I do hope you have the opportunity to revisit with us in the near future.

Pittsford, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Being from Vermont I was pleasantly surprise and totally overwhelmed at how much the staff made us feel at home. The restaurant and their bartenders, especially Keith and Sean, went out of their way to help us navigate around the city. Keirin, the concierge, helped us in planning a visit to meet with a priest to bless our marriage within 2 weeks. The carriage ride and the driver we grand and the extra in the tour of the city was nice.
We were sent to this hotel on a recommendation and this was a wonderful choice. I would go back for another visit and stay there. We were also lucky enough to meet the owner and also praised his staff and his accomodations we more than we could have ever hoped for. You could not go wrong to choose this hotel and did I mention that it is in the heart of the city and we were able to walk to most of what we wanted to do.

Room Tip: up grade your room to the larger room, it was worth it.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
NorthStarhotel, Manager at North Star Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing The North Star Hotel for your recent trip to Dublin, it is great to read that you enjoyed our Irish hospitality, in particular as it was such a very special occasion for you and your husband. Sean, Keith & Kieran will be very pleased with the kind mention in your review. Hopefully you will revisit for your wedding anniversary if not before, it would be a pleasure to welcome you both back.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

The hotel seems to be split to parts old and recently renovated. Both are more than acceptable. The restaurant is the gem of this place. I have over the past 12 months been staying in hotels in Dublin for business and the food served is the best I've had in Dublin. In fact if I'm not staying in the hotel I still eat there!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mike F,

Great to read that you so enjoy our Cookhouse, such a recommendation is very much appreciated, particularly from a regular guest. As a regular business traveller to Dublin might I suggest that you contact our Director of Sales for details on our competitive corporate packages, Sarah would be delighted to forward you information, sarahpower@northstarhotel.ie

Rhona

Been to North Star Hotel? Share your experiences!