“Very enjoyable!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 174 Hotels in Dublin
Verwood, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Spent 2 nights here. Found it Clean and attractively furnished.The Staff were friendly and helpful. There was a Good choice at breakfast and the evening menu in the cookhouse was lovely Easy walking distance to the various attractions.Very pleased with our choice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
NorthStarhotel, Manager at North Star Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Great to read that we were able to meet and surpass your expectations during your recent visit. Hope to welcome you back soon.

Rhona

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
  • Turkish first
kingston upon hull
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights and could not of asked for any better. The room was great, staff was helpful and kind, everything you could want from a city hotel stay. Not far from any main tourest hot spots and shops.
Would 100% go back there next time. :)

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write and post your review. We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back soon to The North Star Hotel.

Rhona.
Galway, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This place advertises as a 4 Star online which is definitely not the case! It's a decent 2 star at best. Walking on the floorboards in this place makes you fell like your in an attic. The female receptionist at checkout was an absolute joke. but I must say the guy who checked me in was very helpful, The cleanliness wasn't the greatest and the mattress mush have been there since Dev was a corporal in the FCA! It was minging! Honestly! Avoid if you can afford it!

Room Tip: The trains don't run at night so ask for a room at the back and you should get a good few train...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Oddsoxrocks,

As always we appreciate the feedback of our guests however I do feel that the nature and context of your criticisms are unwarranted . Perhaps had you expressed your vehement dissatisfaction during your stay with us we would have had the opportunity to remedy your issues. Please feel free to contact me directly to constructively discuss the issues you encountered.

Regards,
Limerick City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for 3 nights last weekend and I must say that I was very happy that I chose this hotel. I normally stay at Wynn's Hotel when I visit Dublin but as it was fully booked I had to choose another hotel for this trip and I'm really glad that I picked The North Star. It is so close to Connolly Station , Busaras , The Luas and only a 5 minute walk to O'Connell Street.
On arrival we were greeted by a very pleasant receptionist, Ignacio. I had requested a smoking room but he told me that there wasn't any available but he could see that I was very disappointed and made a quick phone call and got me an upgrade to a superior room where I could smoke.... needless to say, I was thrilled. The room was lovely and very comfortable, in fact the whole hotel was beautifully decorated.
The breakfast was great, a wonderful variety. All the staff were so friendly and welcoming, especially Ignacio and Vera.
All in all a very nice hotel, very comfortable with extremely pleasant staff and close to all amenities. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

As always a pleasure to read such positive comments, on your next trip to Dublin why not contact our concierge in advance who would only be too happy to help you plan your visit.

Ballymote, Sligo, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My husband & I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights & we really enjoyed our stay here. The hotel is very well located next to the train station & is only a few minutes walk from O'Connell street. The staff were lovely and the bar was really nice. The breakfast which was included in our deal was excellent. Unfortunately we did not eat evening meals in the hotel but the menu looked great. Would definently stay in this hotel again - great value for money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to make your review, I am pleased you and your husband had an enjoyable stay with us. I do personally recommend that on your next stay with us a visit to our newly launched Cookhouse & Bar, our chefs signature dish of Seafood Skillet is fantastic.

Many thanks,
Omagh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

An enjoyable few days in Dublin. The hotel is fine. It has a great location just beside connoll station and mins to busaras and mins to oconnell street. We stayed in a premium room and it was nice and modern with a small balcony. Rooms were clean, however small touches could make this average hotel great, Things like biscuits with the tea/coffee, different choices of tea/coffee,shampoo in the bathroom, better air con. Breakfast was Ok but addition of some more fruit and pastries would make it great. Doors etc could do with a lick of paint and concierge area didnt have much on display to promote Dublin. It seems like Im just nitpicking but its makes me a bit cross that small things could make and average hotel great!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your constructive points, we do sincerely appreciate all guest feedback. Having completed our refurbishments recently we are reviewing and actively enhancing our services and facilities, some of which you mention in your review. On your next visit with us I am confident that you will be pleased with the enhancements we are introducing. I strongly agree that it is the 'smaller' things which collectively contribute to an exceptional guest experience.

Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I wish to have given this hotel a better rating as it was a beautiful hotel, great location, and had friendly staff but it had 2 drawbacks for me. One was the price of the internet - and then once we bought it it was painfully slow to the point that we had paid for our entire stay in internet and did not even end up using it. Second was that we also ordered room service on our last night and it was way overpriced and was barely edible. I would much more recommend the pizza place right around the corner of the hotel which has a 5 euro special and has great pizza. The hotel itself is in a fairly good location to walk around and see everything in Dublin.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I am disappointed to read that we did not fully meet your expectations on your recent visit with us and sincerely take your comments on board. Although some Wifi charges may be applicable it is a policy which is currently under review. I have ensured to pass your comments regarding room service to our Executive Chef. I do hope that you will not be deterred in revisiting us, please feel free to contact me directly.

Rhona

Been to North Star Hotel? Share your experiences!