“rough start but smooth finish” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Trinity City Hotel

Save Saved
You added Trinity City Hotel to your Saves list
Trinity City Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Pearse Street, Dublin, Ireland (Formerly Trinity Capital Hotel)   |
Ranked #36 of 175 Hotels in Dublin
Holbrook, New York
“rough start but smooth finish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This appeared to be a very trendy, modern hotel. When we arrived at the hotel, it appeared as advertised on the websites but to our surprise no help with our bags came - which we didn't necessarily need but we felt the absence as this appeared to be a place that would take care of this for you. Then we went through a bout of musical rooms. Our first room stunk like someone smoked in it all weekend and the front desk promptly changed us to another room. The next room to our surprise had no air conditioning. We pondered the idea of seeing if opening the window would cool down the room sufficiently but it just didn't. Then we were told the we could "upgrade" to a room with AC for $40 euro - which was quickly waived considering that we were lugging our bags up and down the hotel with each room change. The first 2 rooms we spacious enough for the price but the 3rd room was the charm. It was on a lower floor of the hotel but more spacious and modern than the others with AC and we had no complaints whatsoever & the service up to that point was pretty solid as evidenced by our experience. Unfortunately for the purposes of this review, I do not know which type of room we were upgraded to. It appears it may have been an executive suite based on their website's pictures.
We did not dine at the hotel but the bar was cool. We slept well, the bathroom was large and modern and the Wifi was decent. The hotel is very conveniently located to both the Temple Bar area and also to the airport shuttle buses. As long as you know what you are paying for when booking, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Figuring out what you are actually paying for however could be difficult.

Room Tip: Be sure to upgrade to a room with AC in the warmer months.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed for one night. Large room with extra foldout sofa bed. Sort of funky Victorian yet some ultramodern features at the same time. e.g., bathroom was modern and huge with two sinks and a large shower and plenty of towels. The staff was very courteous. The place was clean and it is walking distance to a lot of the Pubs and restaurants in the Trinity College area. We will stay here again next time we are in Dublin.

Room Tip: If you go, ask for a "Tara Room" very spacious and accommodating. Not sure if the others a...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
TrinityCityHotel, Deputy General manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this review, today
Dear David F,

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay so much and particularly our Georgian suites.

I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again soon.

Yours sincerely,
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This was our first trip to Dublin and we were there for 3 nights as part of a trip to the UK before Ireland. There was a bit of confusion during check in, as I had booked on Expedia, and the front desk staff thought I was with a large group that had arrived on a bus. The lobby was chaos at the time of check in, with dozens of bags all over from that group.

I booked the hotel many months before our stay, and had a very good price. I think it was for this reason that I was given a very small room. Our room was cut nearly in half in size due to a fire escape stairway. The room had a long hallway and then a very small bathroom and bed area. It was our most cramped hotel during our UK/Ireland trip by far. The hotel did have free wifi, but it was spotty at best. It dropped constantly from several devices we tried using, this was particularly frustrating. The thermostat had to manually turned on each time you entered the room, and would occasionally turn itself off during the middle of the night leaving you quite warm.

One of the days we were there we did not get our room serviced. We were out of the room for the majority of the day, and received a call late in the afternoon when we arrived back to ask if anyone had come by, we told them no. They asked what time would be good to return and I told them we would be out of the room for the evening soon. They said they would send someone, but didn't.

We had breakfast one morning at the buffet, it was good. We just had quick breakfasts from around the corner at the SPAR the following days.

The hotel was very centrally located. Close to Trinity College, and a short walk to the Temple Bar area, and the Liffey River. Our stay was adequate, but nothing extraordinary. Between issues with the room size, housekeeping, thermostat, and wifi, there were just too many issues to make for a great stay.

We had a courtyard room, which was fairly quiet. The hotel is located next to a Fire Station, so I'm sure that other rooms facing onto Pearse street could hear sirens.

Hi cjauff,

Thank you very much for your review following your stay with us.

I am very disappointed that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us. We do our up most to make sure our guests have a comfortable stay and if there is anything we can do during there stay we will accommodate. I would appreciate, if there are further details, to contact me at the hotel.

Please except my apologies and I hope the experience will not deter you from revisiting us in the future.

Rutherford, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This hotel was fine but had some quirks. We booked two rooms- one for us and one for our friends. We checked in late- around 10pm, so they said they couldn't give us rooms near each other. My husband and I were in the Courtyard rooms I think. Our room was big with a double bed and a single bed. The bathroom was nicely updated but too modern for me- the shower didn't even have a curtain. Instead it had a half glass door which looks pretty but during my showers the water went everywhere. Also the decor is a little weird for my taste- I'd describe it as modern meets Alice in Wonderland. The room was very dark and lighting was not adequate- I couldn't even see the contents of my suitcase when it was placed in the closet. Also, our room had A/C but our friends room didn't. The breakfast was just OK- it was buffet style and not the best we had in Ireland. We ventured outside the hotel for breakfast the majority of our stay. The price was good for our purposes and it is nicely located in Dublin so those were big pluses for us especially since we didn't have a car. Also the WiFi is fast- the best and most reliable we had during our entire tour of Ireland.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with A/C- not all have them.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Hi cjauff,

Thank you very much for your review following your stay with us.

I am very disappointed that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us. We do our up most to make sure our guests have a comfortable stay and if there is anything we can do during there stay we will accommodate. I have passed on your comments to our team. I would appreciate, if there are further details, to contact me at the hotel.

I hope the experience will not deter you from revisiting us in the future.

Marlborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

There is nothing remarkably good about this city centre hotel, nor is there anything particularly poor. It does what all hotels should do - give you a bed to sleep in, and a breakfast to kick start the day. Bedrooms are adequate - not big and not small. Everything functions in the bathroom. One area for improvement - rooms appear not to have air conditioning which would be a plus. Breakfast was the usual pre-cooked buffet affair, necessary when you are feeding the masses but disappointing given the obvious opportunity to add a touch of Irish flair to the first meal of the day. The bar area is fine and the hotel location is good. Staff are friendly and lift the tone of mediocrity. Is this a hotel that will live long in the memory, no.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
TrinityCityHotel, Deputy General Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this review, today
Hi Peter084,

Thank you very much for your review following your stay with us.

I am very disappointed that you only had an adequate stay with us. We do our up most to make sure our guests have a comfortable stay and if there is anything we can do during there stay we will accommodate. I would appreciate, if there are further details, to contact me at the hotel.

I hope the experience will not deter you from revisiting us in the future.

Lock Haven, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Had a lovely stay and we would go back again. We had to leave early in the morning for a tour and the hotel packed a breakfast for us to take. We were greatfuul. Internet was hard to get in the room,that was a bummer.

Room Tip: get one close to the lobby for internet
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Lynelgaunt,

Thank you for the review following your recent stay with us.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I have shared your comments with our IT team and please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay. However, I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed all other aspects of your stay.

I hope we have the opportunity and the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us again.

Yours sincerely,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed in the hotel and found the staff to be exceptionally friendly and helpful in particular a receptionist by the name of Silvia who helped me print something out from the reception from my email, when I was in real need. would stay here again!!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Hi Joe F,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you very much for your feedback about our hotel and your comments about Siliva which i have passed on. I hope it is not too long before we have you the pleasure of welcoming you back again to us in Dublin.

Deputy General Manager

Been to Trinity City Hotel? Share your experiences!