“Good hotel.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Trinity City Hotel

You added Trinity City Hotel to your Saves list
Trinity City Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Pearse Street, Dublin, Ireland (Formerly Trinity Capital Hotel)   |
Ranked #37 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Good hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The location is central, the room was modern and what you would expect from a decent hotel, not large but more than adequate. Breakfast was good value and plentiful. Next time in Dublin I will probably book somewhere near St Stevens Green though, just to be closer to the South William Street area where there are more restaurant options nearby. A bit plus is that the room really was quiet as advertised, this was really my main concern.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
TrinityCityHotel, General Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Hi DunaH_12,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us.

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope it is not too long before we have you the pleasure of welcoming you back again to us in Dublin.

Denyse Campbell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Polish first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I spent only one night at the Trinity, in the middle of Dublin with an excellent location for getting around. The decor is not really what I would choose (a bit over the top), but I must say the bed was absolutely comfortable and the linen thick and crisp. Good toiletries and very good breakfast, lots of options, either continental or Irish breakfast. A good experience, in all.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Hi Luli,

I have already passed on your kind words to the team and they join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have you the pleasure of welcoming you back again to us in Dublin for more than one night again.

Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

A short walk to Temple Bar and other downtown landmarks, this beautifully decorated hotel is worth a visit. Good service and very nice breakfast buffet. Rooms are spacious and free wifi always nice, although quite common nowadays.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
TrinityCityHotel, General Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Hi Tommi S,

I have already passed on your kind words to the team and they join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have you the pleasure of welcoming you back again to us.

Derby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stayed here last july and stayed here again this july.The lobby and bar areas are great but missing the large budhas they had before(where have they gone?),Likewise breakfast was fine to.Still an issue and something I commented on last year is that the room was far to warm.Last year it was in the 70's but this year even though it was a lot cooler outside the room was still stuffy and hot.I know some rooms do have air conditioning but I don't know why the room should be so warm when outside its quite a pleasant temperature.When we arrived there was a toenail on the floor by the bed left by a previous guest.The next day we went out about about 10.30am and got back about 3pm.The room hadn't been done so we went to the bar for about 40 mins.came up again and the room was being cleaned so we waited 10 mins for the room to be done and got in about 4pm.The next day we went out about 10am got back about 3.15 and again the room hadn't been done and as we wanted a break before going out we had to forgo having the room cleaned.I found this unacceptable as I think we gave plenty of time to have the room done,the service room sign was on the door and hotels should realise that we do spend some time in the room and not use it just for sleeping.Overall disappointing.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi padsmcginty,

Thank you very much for your review following your stay with us.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay but I am disappointed to read your other comments. Firstly, we do at the moment have 100 bedrooms out of 198 bedrooms with A/C and the rest coming on board soon. Lastly, I have also spoken to the accommodation team following your comments.

In the meantime, should you wish to share any other feedback, please don’t hesitate to contact me at the hotel but I hope the experience will not deter you from revisiting us again in the future.

Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

They made us wait more than 30 minutes to give us the room. We reserved a room with 2 beds and instead they gave us a suite with just 1 bed and a sofa bed that injured my back.
The room was on the third floor, and no elevators were available.
The hotel pretends to be luxurious but it isn't.
There are much better hotels for less, and even better located.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Hi Alejandro A,

Thank you very much for your review following your stay with us, which I was disappointed to read.

I am very disappointed that you didn’t enjoy your night sleep with us and to read about the other comments on your stay. I would appreciate, if there are further details, to contact me at the hotel.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Bang in the middle of Dublin sharing a wall with a local fire station, the Trinity City Hotel is a great location for exploring the city and getting around. The decor is a little off the wall, a hint of the last third of the film Bettlejuice meets a wannabe steampunk cross-over that's just on the right side of tasteful. Service was grand, food very good but the outstanding thing about this place is the wifi - freely accessible and lightening fast it had no problem streaming HD video for hours on end. As place to park my head for the night on a business trip it done just the job and I'll be choosing to come back here next time I visit Dublin.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Hi Gareth R,

Glad you had a pleasant stay with us and yes we are very proud of our 200mb Fibre Connection within the hotel. I do hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to us for a business trip again.

Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The Trinity City Hotel was in a perfect location to the Temple Bar area and other attractions. It was a posh little boutique hotel. The hotel staff during check in were helpful and they allowed us to check in early. We had to catch an early flight the next morning and they provided a fabulous take away breakfast since we left too early. Yes, the room was small but we are in Dublin?!?! A large downfall we didn't have air conditioning. It was a warm June night and our room was very hot. We had to open our window and it overlooked the busy street in front of the hotel. We didn't get any sleep that evening due to the passing cars every 2 minutes. If I stayed again I would get a room with A/C and facing the courtyard.

Room Tip: Get a room with A/C if your staying on a warmer night!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi hasian15,

Thank you very much for your review following your stay with us.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and i will pass on your lovely comments about our staff but i am disappointed to read that you didnt sleep well. We do at the moment have 100 bedrooms out of 198 bedrooms with A/C and the rest coming on board soon.

In the meantime, should you wish to share any other feedback, please don’t hesitate to contact me at the hotel but would love to see you back again with us.

Denyse Campbell,

Been to Trinity City Hotel? Share your experiences!